Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Have a room booked here for this Friday eve as a stopover on my way to Hilton Gatwick Saturday........can't find any reviews on here and just wondered if anybody has stayed here?......at 5k points I thought it was a bargain!

ps- my first stay at a Hampton....anything I should be aware of?

Last edited by wizla; Oct 21, 2013 at 4:13 am Reason: added a "ps"
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I think you're in for a nice surprise. Although I haven't stayed there, if it's anything like the Hampton at Newport (and it looks like it from the website) - also 5000 points - it'll be modern, clean and comfortable. Rooms use similar livery to Doubletrees, comfy beds, small sofa in room. There will be a small gym room, free breakfast with limited but more than aqeuate hot/cold selection is likely (brekkie at the Newport Hampton could be a bit of a scrum at times, so pick your times carefully).

Definite thumbs up for Hampton properties in the UK ^

PS. Can't think of anything you should be aware of... as Gold when I stayed first time I was given a voucher for soft drink + snack, but I think this was a mistake as I never received it on subsequent bookings. All my stays were on points (20,000 HH for 5 nights - a steal, as you say!).

Last edited by flyingnomadic; Oct 21, 2013 at 7:16 am
Old Oct 21, 2013, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingnomadic
I think you're in for a nice surprise. Although I haven't stayed there, if it's anything like the Hampton at Newport (and it looks like it from the website) - also 5000 points - it'll be modern, clean and comfortable. Rooms use similar livery to Doubletrees, comfy beds, small sofa in room. There will be a small gym room, free breakfast with limited but more than aqeuate hot/cold selection is likely (brekkie at the Newport Hampton could be a bit of a scrum at times, so pick your times carefully).

Definite thumbs up for Hampton properties in the UK ^

PS. Can't think of anything you should be aware of... as Gold when I stayed first time I was given a voucher for soft drink + snack, but I think this was a mistake as I never received it on subsequent bookings. All my stays were on points (20,000 HH for 5 nights - a steal, as you say!).
Hi and thanks for your reply......yeah, sounds good.....I have been to the "derby" Hampton but only for a coffee and it seemed spotless, yeah I thought 5k was very good!.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
It is listed by an FTer in the honorable but humble thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20109378-post39.html
Old Oct 21, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: Mucci! (and BA Gold, HH Dia etc.)
I stayed here in March
I thought the rooms were absolutely fine but the breakfast was not the best. the selection was not brilliant and at an estimated 5 days old, the toasting bread certainly needed toasting!
But (!) its clean and tidy and at 5k, you have yourself a very good deal. I dont think you will be disappointed
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:01 pm
cjd

A couple of years since we stopped there and the hotel itself, like most UK Hamptons, is fine. It's adjacent to an entertainment complex and not far from the town. Seem to remember that it was quite noisy at the weekend we were there, due to hen/stag nights and loads of youngsters staying there and coming back very late. Try and get a room at the end of the corridor, away from elevators.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm here tonight, burning 5k because I didn't get to travel last week as planned and I wanted the stay credit.

All in all, it's not quite as good as Newport, and certainly less convenient for me, but it's a good property. Receptionist was very friendly, but the hotel is a little older and slightly less well maintained than Newport (which is impeccable).

Strangely, the bar is likely to be busy tonight because of a wedding. If it's too much, there's a Wetherspoon's across the car park.

I did get the room that matched my preferences perfectly, which was good, although no gift/drink, and the wifi isn't working - although the mobile signal is surprisingly excellent and therefore I'm happy enough. They also gave out a Vodafone 3G dongle to use in the room, but I couldn't get it to work with my Windows 10 laptop and, as I had a good connection of my own, I didn't try too hard.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
I'm here tonight, burning 5k because I didn't get to travel last week as planned and I wanted the stay credit.

All in all, it's not quite as good as Newport, and certainly less convenient for me, but it's a good property. Receptionist was very friendly, but the hotel is a little older and slightly less well maintained than Newport (which is impeccable).

Strangely, the bar is likely to be busy tonight because of a wedding. If it's too much, there's a Wetherspoon's across the car park.

I did get the room that matched my preferences perfectly, which was good, although no gift/drink, and the wifi isn't working - although the mobile signal is surprisingly excellent and therefore I'm happy enough. They also gave out a Vodafone 3G dongle to use in the room, but I couldn't get it to work with my Windows 10 laptop and, as I had a good connection of my own, I didn't try too hard.
How did you get on?......it can be a bit rowdy on Saturday nights.....it's my girlfriends home town Corby , I visit quite often .
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:47 am

We have a room booked here in a couple of weeks... booked using points and fairly sure I have registered for a "2000 points on your next Hilton stay" plus should get 2500 for using Hilton Visa - net cost of 500 points!

Am I right in thinking that it would be sensible to charge a drink/etc to the room to ensure the credit card picks something up?

My wife also has a Hilton Visa... if we split the cost of the bill is it possible that she'll get the bonus points too?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Have a room booked here for this Friday eve as a stopover on my way to Hilton Gatwick Saturday........can't find any reviews on here and just wondered if anybody has stayed here?......at 5k points I thought it was a bargain!

ps- my first stay at a Hampton....anything I should be aware of?
Hi Wizla,

Speaking from a personal perspective, all of the Hampton by Hilton Hotels throughout the UK are really very good overall. Yes, there are a few minor differences, but in terms of service, rooms etc., you will receive great value for money, or points as in this case.

Whilst I haven't personally stayed at this hotel, I have had clients that have, and all have been pleased with their stays.

The Exeter Airport, Newport, Liverpool City Centre, Liverpool Airport, Gatwick Airport & Newcastle City Centre Hampton by Hilton Hotels that I have stayed in are new builds, and therefore you would expect the rooms to be first class. Having stayed at all of these frequently, I'm impressed by the overall standard.

Breakfast at some leave a little to the imagination, but then it does what it says on the tin and serves its purpose. The best breakfast at an HBH has to go to London Gatwick.

Internet is good at all of these properties and staff attitude is always positive. Cleanliness is great and even at Gatwick which is always busy, they are spot on.

From a personal standpoint, I prefer the HBH Gatwick to the Hilton Gatwick, as staff are better and the service more pleasant and efficient.

Have a good stay and safe travels.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Yep Corby was the very first UK HBH back in I think 2009 so shows a bit of wear, and I stayed 5 nights last week and staff were great.
Corby do food at a reasonable rate but obviously can not compete on food/beer price with Wetherspoon pub virtually along side 20m from Corby Hampton front door
By the way unlike Newport East there is no microwave in guest brekkie area but if you ask they will use their industrial 2300watt microwave in the kitchen for you.
All the helpful staff were a credit to this hotel ^. I drove this Friday to London leaving my glasses in my room and on arriving at the Crowne Plaza reception 105 mins later, CP reception handed me a message from Corby to let me know I'd left my glasses there

Stayed at Newport East too the month before. Did seem a little better maintained/newer I believe is about 5years old so one year younger. Again rooms/hotel does the business and again had super staff. Full FreeSat TV channels here unlike limited Corby TV option

Above post did not mention London Croydon HBH which is also a very nice hotel with friendly staff and nicely located just 100m from the rail station with direct trains to Gatwick in only 30mins door to door. A very useful hotel if flying into LGW late evening
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Yep Corby was the very first UK HBH back in I think 2009 so shows a bit of wear, and I stayed 5 nights last week and staff were great.
Corby do food at a reasonable rate but obviously can not compete on food/beer price with Wetherspoon pub virtually along side 20m from Corby Hampton front door
By the way unlike Newport East there is no microwave in guest brekkie area but if you ask they will use their industrial 2300watt microwave in the kitchen for you.
All the helpful staff were a credit to this hotel ^. I drove this Friday to London leaving my glasses in my room and on arriving at the Crowne Plaza reception 105 mins later, CP reception handed me a message from Corby to let me know I'd left my glasses there

Stayed at Newport East too the month before. Did seem a little better maintained/newer I believe is about 5years old so one year younger. Again rooms/hotel does the business and again had super staff. Full FreeSat TV channels here unlike limited Corby TV option

Above post did not mention London Croydon HBH which is also a very nice hotel with friendly staff and nicely located just 100m from the rail station with direct trains to Gatwick in only 30mins door to door. A very useful hotel if flying into LGW late evening
Hi Scubaccr

Firstly, glad to hear you got your glasses back. That's good news.

I am appreciate your comments on the HBH London Croydon, as I had no idea the hotel was as close to the railway station as it is. I've seen the hotel from the train as I go through the station, but am glad to know that it's about 100 metres to the front door, give or take a little.

Safe travels and thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wottravel
Hi Wizla,

Speaking from a personal perspective, all of the Hampton by Hilton Hotels throughout the UK are really very good overall. Yes, there are a few minor differences, but in terms of service, rooms etc., you will receive great value for money, or points as in this case.

Whilst I haven't personally stayed at this hotel, I have had clients that have, and all have been pleased with their stays.

The Exeter Airport, Newport, Liverpool City Centre, Liverpool Airport, Gatwick Airport & Newcastle City Centre Hampton by Hilton Hotels that I have stayed in are new builds, and therefore you would expect the rooms to be first class. Having stayed at all of these frequently, I'm impressed by the overall standard.

Breakfast at some leave a little to the imagination, but then it does what it says on the tin and serves its purpose. The best breakfast at an HBH has to go to London Gatwick.

Internet is good at all of these properties and staff attitude is always positive. Cleanliness is great and even at Gatwick which is always busy, they are spot on.

From a personal standpoint, I prefer the HBH Gatwick to the Hilton Gatwick, as staff are better and the service more pleasant and efficient.

Have a good stay and safe travels.
Thanks , I wrote that post two years ago and did stay there a few times between October and December that year.......yeah it was ok, did witness some trouble in the pub nextdoor on two occasions but I liked the hotel.
Since I've stayed at hampton bournemouth , Gatwick and Liverpool airport.......both were very good value for money and I enjoyed my stays.
Agree with you on the hilton/ hampton scenario at gatwick .....spot on.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
just a head-up, according to this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25493716-post45.html the Hampton Corby will go up to HHonors Cat 2 eff. 15 OCT15.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
just a head-up, according to this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25493716-post45.html the Hampton Corby will go up to HHonors Cat 2 eff. 15 OCT15.
Bummer , 5k points = $50 or 32 and never less than 59/night and often 99 here and no company rates work. Only ever used points here over 3 stays.

Just leaves a single Cat 1 HH hotel in UK unless Hampton Newport East is increasing at the same time too?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.