Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2023, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
I’m back here Thursday night, I’m Geocaching in the area so decided to stay.
Booked queen room with chair , this will probably get preupgraded to a queen room with sofa which I don’t actually want as the chair rooms are more spacious.
Should arrive around 5 pm……will report back!
Sisosig likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wizla
I’m back here Thursday night, I’m Geocaching in the area so decided to stay.
Booked queen room with chair , this will probably get preupgraded to a queen room with sofa which I don’t actually want as the chair rooms are more spacious.
Should arrive around 5 pm……will report back!
Arrived just now, it’s always a good idea to get here before 5pm if you can as it’s a small car park and fills up quickly, there is alternative parking in the leisure centre car park across the way but I’m not a huge fan of parking my car outside pubs….did manage to get a space.
Done OLCI to room on top floor end corridor last night, digital key arrived on my phone at a little after 1pm.

CHECK IN - always friendly here, registered car on tablet and asked if I wanted a physical key too so I did….given snack and drink and up I go.

QUEEN ROOM WITH CHAIR - clean and spotless, same room as my last report month or so back……all good.

My plan is to go do some local geocaching and then gym / shower….. will dine at the weatherspoons next door later.
Will report back!
Old Aug 31, 2023, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

GYM - no change , pulley rack still jammed one side ( still useable) , just myself present .

DINNER - popped across to weatherspoons next door…..I know I’ve said it before but this really is one of the better weatherspoons in the budget dining envelope.
Great service, curry and a pint for around £10….yes not fine dining but very good considering.

Now back and about to retire, in the morning will report back on breakfast, etc.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Slept well, bed comfy but pillows rubbish, solution is to put the spare towel underneath.
Gym quiet again this morning just myself present.

BREAKFAST - fairly quiet @ 7- 30am mainly business folk…. Grapefruit segments seem to taste sour here but everything else good except mediocre coffee and don’t even bother with the juice….tastes like weak squash.

CHECK OUT - Went for a walk and checked out @ 10am via front desk…all good.

CONCLUSION - this Hampton continues to impress me, yes some breakfast items are so so and the room air conditioning is slightly noisy but nothing that would stop you sleeping, noticeable but not an issue.
I really enjoy my stays here and using the pub Nextdoor is great too….I will definitely return.

ROOM NO - 238

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Leicester ( 21/10/23 )
Old Sep 2, 2023, 2:31 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Just missed you by a day wizla.

This time I'm here for more than 6 hours, so had a bit of a closer look, the building is showing its age, room furniture has scratch marks and small holes, shower doesn't drain properly, paint peeling. I have the sofa bed out and there's no space left to sit on the chair, although this is a "corner" room so there is a wide corridor between the door and the rest of the room where luggage can go.

Tbh I wouldn't call the breakfast good, but it is only a Hampton after all. And to their credit they did get the waffle mix just right. Since covid I haven't had a good waffle at any other Hamptons/HGIs.

Staff are lovely too.

They wanted £135 for the night...! I used points.

Wi-Fi is a bit annoying as you have to use their DNS in order to load the captive portal and it keeps disconnecting.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
Just missed you by a day wizla.

This time I'm here for more than 6 hours, so had a bit of a closer look, the building is showing its age, room furniture has scratch marks and small holes, shower doesn't drain properly, paint peeling. I have the sofa bed out and there's no space left to sit on the chair, although this is a "corner" room so there is a wide corridor between the door and the rest of the room where luggage can go.

Tbh I wouldn't call the breakfast good, but it is only a Hampton after all. And to their credit they did get the waffle mix just right. Since covid I haven't had a good waffle at any other Hamptons/HGIs.

Staff are lovely too.

They wanted £135 for the night...! I used points.

Wi-Fi is a bit annoying as you have to use their DNS in order to load the captive portal and it keeps disconnecting.
Shame I missed you, would have been good to meet and put a face to a name.
Was you in rooms 222 or 122 ?, I used to prefer 222 as it’s larger but the view over the truck yard is not so good, as I usually stay here alone I now choose 238 as my preferred room ( top floor / end corridor ) with a view out over the front.

I forgot to mention the WiFi, I could use it fine if sitting in bed but over by the desk it kept dropping out, bit annoying.
Think I paid £50 + 5k points .

Outside chance I may be here this coming Monday night too.

Last edited by wizla; Sep 2, 2023 at 3:40 pm
Old Sep 2, 2023, 6:05 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I was in 122. Yes it can be very cheap sometimes
wizla likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Stayed here last night and arrived just before 9. The car park was full so I ended up in the pub car park. No issues with the car this morning.

Cars were parked in laybys and double parking within the hotel spaces.

Didn't realise how old this place was having stayed in more of the updated uk Hamptons - maybe Exeter is the closest one iv stayed in to this design.

Anyway it was fine for one night and £77 I paid but struggle to justify paying much more just to keep a gold status when there are other places nearby particularly if I had my wife in tow

wizla likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richardhall99
Stayed here last night and arrived just before 9. The car park was full so I ended up in the pub car park. No issues with the car this morning.

Cars were parked in laybys and double parking within the hotel spaces.

Didn't realise how old this place was having stayed in more of the updated uk Hamptons - maybe Exeter is the closest one iv stayed in to this design.

Anyway it was fine for one night and £77 I paid but struggle to justify paying much more just to keep a gold status when there are other places nearby particularly if I had my wife in tow

Yep you have to arrive before 4pm to almost guarantee a space in the car park, Ive always got lucky so far , I arrived at 6 pm once and got the last space, I’m uncomfortable about leaving my car over by the pub car park too, I’ve not seen or heard of any issues but it’s just a feeling I get.
It’s nothing posh but strangely I quite enjoy my stays here, I seem to sleep well too, perhaps it’s the leffe beer in the weatherspoons that helps.
Thanks for the trip report.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:26 am
Original Poster

I’m back here again tomorrow night , visiting family nearby Saturday so thought I’d shoot over tomorrow afternoon.
Should arrive around 6-30pm.
Will do the usual live reporting although perhaps a more brief version as I stay here a lot.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Arrived 6-30pm, car park strangely only half full…. digital key arrived to my phone just after lunchtime but no queue at reception so two physical keys requested at I have my lady with me……. All sorted and I’m off to my room on the top floor.

QUEEN ROOM WITH CHAIR. - entry level room ( no upgrade but this was requested as I prefer the entry level rooms )
Same as my other reviews so no point explaining.
BATHROOM - again same as before, shower only but it works well.

Went to weatherspoons Nextdoor for dinner, yes it’s cheap and cheerful but the curries are quite nice.

Now in the room relaxing, in the morning I plan to use the gym then breakfast…..Will report back on anything relevant.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 1:15 am
Original Poster

…… slept well, very comfortable bed, pillows rubbish so folded towel solves….. popped down to restaurant to get a take away coffee ( take away cups available but you do have to ask ) and to my surprise the new bean to cup machine serves half decent coffee!, still needs an extra shot but it’s much improved on the previous offering.

GYM - no change, just myself in there this morning, pulley machine now fixed and no longer jams.

Off to breakfast shortly, will report back on my conclusion later……
Old Dec 2, 2023, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

BREAKFAST - like I said earlier the new coffee machine is a bonus!…..arrived @ 8-30am and mostly empty, I think the hotel was very quiet last night didn’t hear a soul on the top floor, hot food looked good but didn’t indulge, I had musli and toast…spread looked nice, typical Hampton affair but now with half decent coffee.

CHECK OUT - @ 9-30am, used express checkout box in doorway.

CONCLUSION - another faultless stay……. Will definitely return.

ROOM NO - 234

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Bankside ( 9 / 12 / 23 )
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

I’m back here Friday night, visiting family on Saturday so will drive over Friday afternoon, I simply just like it here.
Booked entry level room and was preupgraded yesterday to a queen room with sofa, problem is I actually prefer the level I booked so I re booked and it’s stayed this way thankfully.
Should arrive around 6pm…..Will report back!
:D! likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Arrived 6:20 pm, car park strangely quite empty, swift check in.
Did do OLCI to a room on 2nd floor in corner and digital key arrived to my phone just after noon today, although did get physical card when entering car reg at reception desk…… friendly staff!
The corner room have slightly more space than the others, I’ve reviewed the “queen room with chair” type many times so more detailed a few posts back.
Dinner will be the gourmet steak at weatherspoons next door.
Will shower and report back later…..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.