Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2003, 9:52 am

I setup a new Honors account (using the ACAQ code) 4 days ago, and it still fails to show Gold status.

This morning I called the Honors customer service # and asked if they would apply the ACAQ code to my current Gold account. The CSR said "no, because you were not targetted for this promotion." She said this after apparently typing in my Honors number and somehow checking to see if I was targetted.

I called back a 2nd time, and was told that I needed the 9-digit Honors # that was included in the invitation that Air Canada sent out.

Good luck!

Old Dec 8, 2003, 4:38 pm

I'm Diamond and I set up the new account after getting an AirCanada FF account number via the web. I merged the accounts on the same day and had my first stay last week.

The points have now posted to my account with a 5000 bonus for the first stay. I'll have another stay next week and will report back after posting.

So far, so good.

Tex
Old Dec 8, 2003, 9:00 pm

Do we know if reward stays count???

Old Dec 8, 2003, 9:09 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ferrari:
Do we know if reward stays count???

</font>
Yes, I got a friend to sign up and he got the second and third bonuses with reward stays.
mike
Old Dec 8, 2003, 10:43 pm

Thank you.....

Old Dec 9, 2003, 5:09 am

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by illa bells:
I setup a new Honors account (using the ACAQ code) 4 days ago, and it still fails to show Gold status.

This morning I called the Honors customer service # and asked if they would apply the ACAQ code to my current Gold account. The CSR said "no, because you were not targetted for this promotion." She said this after apparently typing in my Honors number and somehow checking to see if I was targetted.

I called back a 2nd time, and was told that I needed the 9-digit Honors # that was included in the invitation that Air Canada sent out.

Good luck!

</font>
Sounds to me like some kind of electronic glitch. Cancel the new account you set up the other day and start over again. I assume you're using the link that was provided earlier in this thread? I just signed up a friend yesterday for ACAQ and it showed gold right away. There shouldn't be any reason you'd ever need to talk to a customer service rep on the phone. The 2nd rep you talked to was obviously confused since there weren't any new HH#'s sent out with the Air Canada promo.

Old Dec 9, 2003, 5:35 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I just did this yesterday- got the new membership with the instant Gold status, verified it on-line, then combined accounts on-line. According to the message, combining accounts will take 3-4 days. Looks like it worked, though- thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2003, 10:28 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, Hyatt Discoverist
My registration was a bit laborious but it had a happy ending.

First, I typed in ACAQ and when I filled out everything and hit next, the screen was blank. I started over, went through the whole process and when I tried to put in my AA number for Double Dip miles, it said it was already an existing account. Same for CO and DL. Finally, I put in UA number, and it liked that. At last, the big click and up came a Blue card. Blue's ordinarily my favorite color, except when you're a Silver trying to get Gold.
So I called Customer Service. Wisely, I signed up for Aeroplan before the call, as they asked for that number. They then combined the accounts, making the new one my current account number without my asking (I would've preferred the old number, but no big whoop).
First eligible stay was already applied retroactively. Moral of the story: Be persistent and get a helpful CR on the other end.
Thanks FT folks, for turning me on to this promo. I was on the cusp of Gold and was worried about coming up short come '04. See you in the lounge. I'll be the one ogling the croissants.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 12:57 pm

I tried as well today and it gave me Blue level? I called they said try again, no questions about a Aeroplan #? So is that link the problem OR is there a new link I need??? Please help, would love to get back up to Gold, having once been a Diamond for a year and now back down to Silver!
Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2003, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Brownhaus:
I tried as well today and it gave me Blue level? I called they said try again, no questions about a Aeroplan #? So is that link the problem OR is there a new link I need??? Please help, would love to get back up to Gold, having once been a Diamond for a year and now back down to Silver!
Thanks!
</font>
The first screen you will see after sign-up always shows a blue HHonors card with your number on it. This doesn't necessarily mean your account is blue. You have to actually sign in (click on the box at the bottom of that same page that says "sign in"). Once you've signed in the account should show gold.

There is no new link. The one listed on the first page of this post is correct.

Old Dec 9, 2003, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I signed into the new account, as lpas said, and it was Gold. When I logged onto the new account and combined accounts, it gave me the option of which account number I wanted to reatin- so I kept the old number. Despite the note that it would take a few days, I logged onto my old account and it's Gold. Fantastic!
Old Dec 9, 2003, 9:31 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Just got the heads up from IainF on this one, and I am Gold until 4/04, I've created and merged the new account into my old one. Witha couple of Hilton stays in Dec/Jan already booked, I'll have 4 done easily by promotion end and 50,000 's

Got the 5 for 50K points from Sheraton earlier this year, now this one! Oh, how I love FT
Old Dec 9, 2003, 10:08 pm

Have seen this thread the past couple of weeks, but did'nt take the time to read it. Thought it was a trgetted promo that wouldn't work. I just signed up for the new acct. Signed in, new acct. shows gold. ( Old acct is already gold). Can I merge right away? Also have had 5 stays since promo period began. Some have mentioned that they've received retroactive credit. Do you need to call to get this retro credit or does it just appear?

Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:02 am

Programs: DL PM, HH DMD, MAR PLT
i am a diamond and called last week. i spoke with a rep and told him i wanted to have a promo code entered into my account. "ok, what's the code". i gave him the code. "do you know what this promo is?" yes, it is an air canada promo. "ok, the code is in. thank you" a few days later i see an extra 10k points for a previous stay in November.

i had signed up for an air canada account (which was a pain), but they never even asked for the air canada number. now i've got some air canada junk on the way to my house.

Thanks for the heads up on this one.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:09 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
What is the last day for completing these 4 stays? I have read some different opinions about this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.