Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2003, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by koppelman:
I made the mistake of signing up for ACAT instead of ACAQ. Has anyone tried and succeeded to change an ACAT promotion into an ACAQ?

I tried myself and was told the ACAQ promotion requires a Canadian mailing address.
</font>
I signed up for ACAQ online. I used my standard US address and had NO problems. I'd suggest you call back and ask again. Don't mention you called earlier!

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited Dec 04, 2003).]
Old Dec 4, 2003, 9:57 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Do both ACAQ and ACAT have the same expiration date for GOLD status (9/2004) ?
Old Dec 4, 2003, 4:33 pm

Regarding retroactive posting: I was told that they only go back 30 days. Have you been credited for stays longer than 30 days under the new ACAQ promo?
Old Dec 4, 2003, 4:55 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by best:
Regarding retroactive posting: I was told that they only go back 30 days. Have you been credited for stays longer than 30 days under the new ACAQ promo?</font>
Yes, three of my stays which I got credited were Oct 23 to 26th, registered on 11/28.
mike
Old Dec 4, 2003, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lensman:
Thanks OP! I created a new account, did the online merge with my existing Diamond account. Next day, my account is still Diamond (sigh of relief) and shows the four bonuses from my previous stays for a total of 50,000 points.

Can you sign up for ACAT as well and do another merge after already signing up for ACAQ?
</font>
I just had them add the promo code to my existing (Diamond) account. No Canadian address or even Aeroplan Number needed (see my post above). My first stay is next week, second stay just after Xmas, was planning on leisurely adding two more stays before the promo ends which I had thought was 2/15.

The Diamond desk seems to be confused on this one - different agents require different things (Canadian address, AC number, expiration date, etc.)

The idea of getting both promos seems to be do-able - complete the ACAQ promo in December (or already have it done, as some of you apparently have). Then sign up for the ACAT and do that one for another 25K, before Jan 15.

If someone does it, or if they tell you it's impossible (even after the multiple hangup/call back trick), please let us know. A nice 75K net would sure be a nice way to start off the new year, eh wot?
Old Dec 5, 2003, 6:47 pm

Would there be any reason to select the ACAT for 25,000 hh over the 50,000 hh for ACAQ??
Old Dec 6, 2003, 10:15 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
I would be careful about being greedy...getting one bonus that you weren't even targetted for should be good enough. To my knowledge, nobody was legitimately sent both offers...

[This message has been edited by xray (edited Dec 06, 2003).]
Old Dec 6, 2003, 10:21 am

Programs: Free Agent
Wait, does ACAQ and ACAT have different promo end dates? I'm signed up for ACAQ and I thought that it ends Feb. 15th. I have one more stay left that I'm planning on doing in mid-Jan.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I have no idea what the dates are, but when I checked to see if I was properly registered for ACAQ I was told that I had until January 31 to make the 4 stays. Since I signed up on ~Nov 24 I presume it's not just a 60 day thing and that the ACAQ promo ends on Jan 31.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 1:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
I have no idea what the dates are, but when I checked to see if I was properly registered for ACAQ I was told that I had until January 31 to make the 4 stays. Since I signed up on ~Nov 24 I presume it's not just a 60 day thing and that the ACAQ promo ends on Jan 31.</font>
The first post on this thread states that the closing date is February 15, 2004. Can anyone confirm the closing date of this promo? Anyone doing their forth stay in February could be very disappointed if they are planning their forth stay and January 31st turns out to be the closing date.

[This message has been edited by Macken7 (edited Dec 06, 2003).]
Old Dec 6, 2003, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Any GLDs call and join ACAQ on their current HHonors account?
Old Dec 6, 2003, 9:36 pm
katie0313

Last Monday,I called to HH and asked for merging account,,,they said that I need AC
number(I've already got it before call),
and after,my old account shows GOLD very soon.and today, signed in my account on line,it says,,,got the first stay bonus!!!
(besides,it is retroactivity!!)

Thanks a lot for all!

Old Dec 7, 2003, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA *G
Merci Beaucoup Monseiur!
No Seriously..Thanks a mill. My mom (I'm not old enough to hold the membership yet) has Hilton and Starwood Gold Comped.
May the Comps Continue
AG
Old Dec 7, 2003, 2:58 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I called HHonors today and they said that the ACAQ promo ends Jan. 31st, 2004...for my account anyway. Just for the record, I would have called in the first place but didn't have my account number available
Old Dec 7, 2003, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Just completed my second stay with the promotion, got 5000 points again on the second stay....for a total of 10,000 bonus points. Where is the 10,000 for the second stay? Will I get 5,000 more for the 3rd or just another 5000? Anyone has the same run into the same problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.