Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2003, 10:10 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKESILV:
I got credit for 3 stays between Oct 22 and 27th even though I did not register until November 27th.
Note as might be the case with yours the credits ( points) do not show up immediately
but took I would say about 5/6 days.
mike
</font>
Many thanks...it's been about 8 or 9 days at least, I'd say...but if I don't get retroactive credit, I think I will just book four stays until the end of the promo period anyway and hope that will work...too good to pass up .

Old Dec 11, 2003, 10:41 am
Suspended

Im sure you know this but just like previous promos of this type only the first one shows up with the stays. All others post under promotional points and miles tab.
mike
Old Dec 11, 2003, 4:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by illa bells:
I've tried setting up a new Gold account (using the ACAQ code exactly as described in these posts) 2x now without success.

Anybody else having the same problem? Any guesses as to why it works for some and not for others?
</font>
illa bells,

Are you signing in after you finish creating the account? Like somebody else was saying, I think there's always a blue card displayed on that first screen after you open your account but if you actually sign in it should show gold. Also, are you entering a U.S. address? I don't think it works for non-U.S. residents.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 4:33 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by julize:
I don't think it works for non-U.S. residents.</font>

I live in Germany. Even though I have (at least not yet) not received retroactive credit, I was informed by a diamond desk agent that the promo shows on my account. So I assume it does work for non-US residents.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 5:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:

I live in Germany. Even though I have (at least not yet) not received retroactive credit, I was informed by a diamond desk agent that the promo shows on my account. So I assume it does work for non-US residents.
</font>
Experiences seem to be mixed. I was referring to the comments by Scotsflyer on this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/008988.html

Old Dec 11, 2003, 6:58 pm

Yes, I logged in after I created my new account. I'm at a loss to explain the problem...

Thanks for your input.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 12:29 am

Location: Orange County, CA ; AA Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Gold
illa bells,

Blue status showed on my account as well even after signing in. I sent an email to HHonors. Received a reply that I have a Gold VIP account even if it says Blue & that they are working to correct it.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 1:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Athena53:
When I logged onto the new account and combined accounts, it gave me the option of which account number I wanted to reatin- so I kept the old number.</font>
And just so you know... when you keep your old number, you will get a new GOLD card in the mail 4-6 weeks later with all the Gold benefits detailed. Naturally, if you keep the new number, you'll also get a gold card in the mail and all the other 'goodies' too!

Thanks, Hilton!

Old Dec 14, 2003, 4:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aglp2k:
Here is an easy way to attain "GOLD" status:

1. Go to: www.hiltonhhonors.com/aeroplan
2. Use code ACAQ

Viola, your account will be GOLD instantly.

To get your 50,000 points:

1. Must stay between Oct. 15 and Feb. 15
2. 5k/10k/15k/20k bonus after 1st/2nd/3rd/4th Stay

If you are already a member, just create a new account with the above steps 1 and 2. Once it is created, login with your old account and edit your profile to combine multiple accounts and follow the instructions. It takes one day to show the new GOLD status on your old account. I was a blue member and did it yesterday and my account shows gold today. Good Luck!
</font>
Hey AGLP2K Thank you very much for your guidence I am indebted. I look forward to helping you or any flyertalk.com member in the near future. I already reached and renew Gold VIP status. Right after completeing this promo I called and requested the Diamond Challenge with customer service (10 stays within a 3 month period). What they did was give me the challenge from Oct 15-Jan 15. They granted me the 4 prior promo stays but I must stay another 6 stays between Dec 14 and Jan 15. A piece of cake, especially with those $29.00 and $15.00 per night Park Place Properties in Nevada.

Old Dec 14, 2003, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Ok, I know that the Reno hilton has $29 rates, but who is $15, Laughlin?
Old Dec 14, 2003, 4:46 pm

Laughlin is not part of HH since sometimes in 2002. But if you think of any low price HH hotels it sure would help.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 4:57 pm

NYC@LAX: congratulations on getting into the Diamond Challenge fasttrack. How did they pick the start and of the 3 months window? Any suggestions as to how ask for this? Did it relate to ACAQ? (although ACAQ ends 2/15/3.) If I would be successful in getting the DC, would it be more astute to start the stays 1/1/04 so all of them go into 04?
Old Dec 14, 2003, 5:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by best:
NYC@LAX: congratulations on getting into the Diamond Challenge fasttrack. How did they pick the start and of the 3 months window? Any suggestions as to how ask for this? Did it relate to ACAQ? (although ACAQ ends 2/15/3.) If I would be successful in getting the DC, would it be more astute to start the stays 1/1/04 so all of them go into 04?</font>
i believe the 3 month window referenced above is the same 3 month window offered to targeted members when the fast track was first announced. in other words, if you successfully ask for the promotion, you'll likely get the same window.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 3:01 am

Programs: UA1MM1K
I signed up for ACAQ a while ago (no, I didn't receive an invitation) and today I received a new Gold card good through 04/2005. Along with the card, I received a welcome letter (in Japanese) and it says:

2500 for 1st stay
5000 for 2nd stay
7500 for 3rd stay
10000 for 4th stay

stays must be completed between 11/20/2003 and 3/31/2004.

So I thought I signed up for ACAQ but they assigned me a different promo. Has anyone received the same thing? I wonder what kind of points I get. I will not complain if I get 25K points, but 50K is nicer...
Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I signed up for the ACAQ promotion last Tuesday and then requested, online, that the new account be merged with my existing Silver account. Three days later my existing account was still Silver, but my new account was Gold at least. So I called customer service to re-request the account merge. I was asked for my Aeroplan number, which I supplied, and was told that the merger of the two accounts would take three to four business days. I also requested that my old account be retained. OK, fine. I check on-line this afternnon and find that my new account has been closed, my existing account is now Gold, BUT my point balance went from a positive six figures to a negative 40,000!! Huh?? Another call to customer service about this and was ultimately told that there was a problem in figuring my new point balance, but it would be fixed in two to three weeks. Normally that wouldn't be a problem , but I have an award stay coming up next week and so I guess I'll have to call customer service again to have them "find the points" for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.