Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2004, 10:15 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Has anyone successfully received the points with a AAA rate??
Old Jan 2, 2004, 12:16 am

Yes, I received the points for my first stay last week on a AAA rate, I don't see any reason they would disqualify a AAA rate.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 9:21 am

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I took part in a Delta Airlines promo a few months ago (4 stays for 25,000 bonus points and instant GOLD). Everything for that promo worked perfectly.

Then I signed up for this ACAQ promo, created a new account and it showed GOLD status immediately so I thought everything was fine. I wanted to wait to merge the two accounts until I saw the bonus points reflected. Oddly, the points for my last two stays credited to my original account (not the newly created ACAQ account even though I reserved them under the new account). When I called to inquire, I was told by a supervisor that only one "acquisition promotion" is allowed per person. Since I had participated in the Delta promo, therefore, I am ineligible to participate in the Air Canada promo. Does this sound right to you all? Any advice for me? I got nowhere with HHonors on the phone.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I think one promo per person is more than fair. If you get more than one then I think an audit is deserved.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll say this about Hilton - they're fast!

Did my second stay at LGW on 12/29, and when I checked 1/1 the stay had registered, along with the 10K bonus points.

Of course, they credited me with the folio amount on dollars rather than pounds, but I can fix that when I get the folio copy from the hotel.

Two more to go ......
Old Jan 4, 2004, 9:57 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
So how long does this process take before bonus points show up? I created the new account and merged it into my existing diamond account on Dec. 29. I have 6 eligible stays but these happened before I registered (which doesn't seem to be a problem to some posters). I had an existing aeroplan number and it's in my diamond profile (though not listed as my primary airline; does that matter?). So far no bonus points. How long should I wait before I contact HH?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Chapel Hill Guy:
So how long does this process take before bonus points show up? I created the new account and merged it into my existing diamond account on Dec. 29. I have 6 eligible stays but these happened before I registered (which doesn't seem to be a problem to some posters). I had an existing aeroplan number and it's in my diamond profile (though not listed as my primary airline; does that matter?). So far no bonus points. How long should I wait before I contact HH?</font>
I would try and make a stay to see if the points credit after you have registered for the promotion. I have seen nothing that entitles retroactive credit although it does seem to have been inadvertently credited in some instances. By calling, I think that you risk not being allowed to participate in this promotion and cause problems for who have.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:08 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
I agree with you about calling, both for my sake and everyone elses. Lots of folks seem to have received retroactive credit. Oh well. I have until end of Jan for stay? I have a 1 night at DT on 1/17.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:20 am

AAA rates are qualifying rates as is ANY rate shown on ANY HILTON reservation site. Not only will it qualify for fast track but also upgrades and tier bonuses once you've achieved Gold. Have fun.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:52 am

Refered a friend to sign up for ACAQ. They did, but on their first stay they only received 2,500 points. Should they have received 5,000 for the first stay?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by best:
Refered a friend to sign up for ACAQ. They did, but on their first stay they only received 2,500 points. Should they have received 5,000 for the first stay?</font>
Yes, it is:

Perhaps they were signed up for ACAT?

As far as the primary airline choice goes mine is AA, with AC in my profile as well. All bonuses have posted. I was already Gold, created a new account on-line using the promo code, merged the new into the old on-line and the rest is history.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 12:25 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lintemut:
Called Diamond Desk and had code entered into my account. No Aeoplan number needed.</font>
Retroactive points posted on 1/2 for a paid stay and an award stay.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 4:10 pm

Has anyone received any further info from Aerplan after they signed up? I am trying to figure out that when two different persons both sign up under ACAQ, one may receive for first stay 2,500 points, an other person 5,000 points.
Could someone please post the original ACAQ letter from Aeroplan?
Old Jan 12, 2004, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by best:
I am trying to figure out that when two different persons both sign up under ACAQ, one may receive for first stay 2,500 points, an other person 5,000 points.
Could someone please post the original ACAQ letter from Aeroplan?
</font>
bump. I too have received just 2,500 bonus points for the first stay (registered for ACAQ). Anyone else have any update on this?

aloha
Old Jan 12, 2004, 7:48 am

Programs: HH, NWA
Does anyone know for sure whether this expires Jan. 31 or Feb 15th??? I've seen both dates posted several times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.