Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2004, 5:53 pm

i know that ihave already posted. all the people were asking me if i was kidding or not so im clarifying the issue on this and encouraging flyertalkers to act as soon as possible.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by roadtraveler:

i know that I have already posted. all the people were asking me if i was kidding or not so im clarifying the issue on this </font>
roadtravller...............

1. There is a FT TOS that says that starting multiple threads in one Forum is NOT allowed. You may not know this, but it is true. I imagine a moderator might close this soon and suggest folks keep reading your initial post. If you need to add to your comments/clarifications to your alleged newsflash, that thread might be the perfect place to do so?

2. Out of interest, do you have any technical problem with the key near lower left of keyboard that says "caps lock"? This post has no evidence of it being operational, and as for your last thread ... well ....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/009912.html

3. Can I please suggest you in future think a little more carefully about wording of thread HEADINGS, whether you start one or two in the same Forum. In NEITHER case have you mentioned your posts apply only to the Air Canada 'instant HH Gold' promo. Only a very small % of those reading this board signed up for that or have any interest in that detail, but your vague headings have I am sure meant 1,000s of others have (or will) clicked on both needlessly. As I just did.

Thanks.

------------------
Try and make it down to SYD for "OZ FEST 2004" - May 21-23

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited Feb 17, 2004).]
Old Feb 17, 2004, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by roadtraveler:
hi guys im new to the flyertalk but im very serious. they are going to take points out if one doesnot have air canada number in the parter profile and it has to be the main partner to earn double dip. and there is one more trick, you have to put 0 that is zero before your a canada number so the computer system they have does not take you out. as i said my friend is one of the top people in hilton and he passed on the info for me. so act fast. good luck</font>
Your post makes no sense (given that you're talking about a Canadian airline but your info at the left of each post says you live in Maryland). So people live hundreds or thousands of miles from the nearest airport that Air Canada serves are going to lose HHonors points for not choosing useless-for-them Air Canada as their Double Dip partner??? Give me a break! If that's the case, why would HHonors be doing promotions with other airlines, promotions which don't work unless you chose those OTHER airlines as your Double Dip partner? Oh, and what about all those people who've chosen to not Double Dip at all but take 50% extra HHonors points instead (another current promo)?

If you explained that this only affects people who've earned Air Canada miles before, and perhaps there was some problem with the ways those earnings were transferred (say, if HHonors accidentally awarded millions of miles they shouldn't have) and so they're saying they're going to deduct points to make up for that, well MAYBE something like that might start to be believable.

But to blanketly say that every HHonors member in the WHOLE WORLD has to switch to earning some Canada-only airline's miles or else start losing points, that's beyond belief.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 6:43 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
I think the poster is referring to the 50,000 point Air Canada promo that many people signed up for.... many people weren't targetted for it but signed up and received 50,000 points. I believe the poster is merely saying that Hilton is auditing these accounts to see who was targetted or not...
Old Feb 17, 2004, 7:45 pm

Where is FCTSTY when you need him? This and the other thread are extremely annoying. Your topic should read something like:

"Warning: Hilton to be Removing 50K Bonus Points"

"Taken out" has not occurred yet, whether or not it does happen.

Old Feb 17, 2004, 11:12 pm
Suspended

"roadtraveler" is trolling as he posted a similar "watch out" in the Delta forum. Probably under the age to vote.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 7:29 am

you people are amazing. Im just trying to help all those people who signed up for 50000 miles from air canada for the pormo ACUQ.You are all going to have all you points taken out unless you put air canada number for the next couple of mounths, as you main partner to earn double dip. I posted second thread so people can act quickly to save their points.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
Cyngus X-1:
Is the age slam really necessary?
Age has nothing to do with it. (And yes, I am definitely over the age to vote.) Being young or old does not make you more likely to be a reputable source, or any more or less informed on the subject of miles/points. As a matter of fact, Gary Leff, one of my favorite sources of miles & points info, is probably half the age of many of the posters here--29 or 30. So let's knock off the age attacks.

roadtraveller: give it a rest. If your true goal was to "alert" people, you've already done it. So stop posting additional threads about your "inside information."

[This message has been edited by CheapSk8 (edited Feb 18, 2004).]
Old Feb 18, 2004, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
If Hilton is going to take points out in the manner proposed then they are asking for trouble. I legitimately received the "inferior" offer and already had my AC number in the profile. I did sign up for the ACAQ offer instead and made my stays but credited to AA as AC miles are not as valuable to me. AA remains my choice of airline now - using the criteria of having AC listed as primary partner now is stupid; I am free to change partners as I wish!
Old Feb 18, 2004, 10:03 am
Suspended

Cynus X-1's post a slam?
Little sensitive about your age arent you?
You are too young to be taking life so seriously.

I suppose you would avoid going to Youngstown?
How about Old Town Scottdale or a drink or Old Milwaukee beer or even a shot of Olden Times Whiskey?
mike
Old Feb 18, 2004, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I opened a second account under the ACAQ promo, it never asked for my AC number. And altaflyer and others would appear to be correct - you can freely change your preferences (50% bonus, some other airline, etc.) as often as you like.

It would seem to be the height of folly to sweep through accounts with the definite probability of catching a lot of "false positives" and then arbitrarily deleting points. Especially a quantity like 50,000 points!

Talk about pissed off customers...
Old Feb 18, 2004, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Folks, let's stay on topic & lay off the personal attacks.

The OP was told something might happen to adversely affect other FTers & posted to potentially alert us - in hindsight, the title could have been dif (and alas, as we all know, titles can't be changed) and perhaps a few more details minus caps (the latter he's now corrected) posted in the first post.

His friend may have been mistaken (and probably is, as we all know that preferences can be changed on a daily basis should we so desire), but don't beat up on the person (or each other).

And to the OP for the future, the advice to keep it in one thread, be as descriptive as possible in the title, and not cross-post forums is good advice.

------------------
Sharon
Old Feb 18, 2004, 1:13 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
you people are amazing. Im just trying to help all those people who signed up for 50000 miles from air canada for the pormo ACUQ.You are all going to have all you points taken out unless you put air canada number for the next couple of mounths, as you main partner to earn double dip. I posted second thread so people can act quickly to save their points. </font>
Thanks for the notification.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
so we now all know that there is a warning about losing the bonus miles if AC isn't the partner.
sice we now all know that it's time to put this puppy to bed.
and i do believe the OP was acting in good faith
thanks

squeakr
MOD Hilton
Old Feb 22, 2004, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
My pre-ACAQ Gold card expired 4/2004. However, I just got in the mail my new Gold card which extends it to 9/2004 ...which I presume is an effect of the ACAQ promotion.

Thank you FT for not only the 50k miles, but 5 extra months of Gold. (Although now I'm doing the fastrack to Diamond match which should bring me to Diamond through April of '06.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.