Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:36 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
I had no luck creating new account and then merging it into my current (Diamond) account. I call the Diamond desk and they said I was not eligible for the promo.

So I'm going to try it one more time, but this time I created a new account and did one stay on it (last night, Sat). When that stay and bonus posts, I'm going to merge again and see if I get retro credit for previous eligible stays, as some people seem to have done.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Chapel Hill Guy:
I had no luck creating new account and then merging it into my current (Diamond) account. I call the Diamond desk and they said I was not eligible for the promo.

So I'm going to try it one more time, but this time I created a new account and did one stay on it (last night, Sat). When that stay and bonus posts, I'm going to merge again and see if I get retro credit for previous eligible stays, as some people seem to have done.
</font>
I, too, had a Diamond account. I went right to the Diamond desk and they did it for me. No merging necessary. Took two calls, so if you don't get the answer you want, say "Thank you" and call again.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FrequentStark:
... enough to get me back over the 150,000 for the 6 night going global.</font>
If you're talking about the GLONP award, I believe that's up to 175,000 points now.

Old Jan 25, 2004, 1:51 pm

BigLar: YGM
Old Jan 25, 2004, 3:03 pm

Three strikes. I called the diamond desk again and they said I was not eligible. I called the regular hhonors line and a very nice CSR spent a lot of time trying to get me registered, but couldn't. Then she discovered the true terms of the promo and said I wasn't eligible. So that's 2 diamond desk and 1 regular desk calls with no luck. What are folks saying to the CSRs when they call? Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Chapel Hill Guy:
Three strikes. I called the diamond desk again and they said I was not eligible. I called the regular hhonors line and a very nice CSR spent a lot of time trying to get me registered, but couldn't. Then she discovered the true terms of the promo and said I wasn't eligible. So that's 2 diamond desk and 1 regular desk calls with no luck. What are folks saying to the CSRs when they call? Thanks.</font>
Hmmmm. Might as well try the new account method and then merge them (sometime in the future).
Old Jan 25, 2004, 8:12 pm

I tried the new account then merge method, but it didn't work. So then I started calling. I'm wondering if the window of opportunity has passed. All the CSRs seem to be on to this one.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 10:34 pm

Programs: US Gold, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
I finally got around to doing the ACAQ Gold offer last Sunday, 18 January. I filled out the new account and immediately merged it to my existing Silver account.

Monday being a US holiday, I figured I'd wait until Friday to begin my calls to the HHonors desk, but when I checked it Friday morning, my existing account had turned Gold.

Yesterday morning, same thing, I saw 15K bonus miles credited for two stays, one retroactive to October, and one in December. I have a unintentional no-show this month, and an overnight in early Feb to complete the 50K prize.

So, for me at this late date, it is still up, still working, and still crediting. Thanks, HHonors

------------------
"What do you mean we're diverting to Lubbock?"

[This message has been edited by tovaz (edited Jan 25, 2004).]
Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tovaz:
I finally got around to doing the ACAQ Gold offer last Sunday, 18 January. I filled out the new account and immediately merged it to my existing Silver account.

</font>
i read in an earlier post that you needed to eneter an Air Canada FF Number? Did you do that before the bonus pointes posted?

rich

[This message has been edited by RichLond (edited Jan 26, 2004).]
Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:53 am

Didn't need an AirCanada FF #, just the ACAQ code
Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:05 am

My experiences here as a Diamond...

1) I tried the "new ACAQ account & online merge" process and it did not work.

2) I called the Diamond line and was told that an AC# was required and that it could not be processed w/o it.

3) I signed up at aeroplan.com and called the Diamond line back and was registered for the promo... it took my agent "talking to a supervisor", but it did get done. It was a courteous, matter-of-fact converstaion. "There is a promo... I want to register for it... yes, I know that this is for new acc'ts, but I am offended that I stayed 50+ times last year and get nothing, while new accounts get 50k points for four stays... 'please hold'... 'ok, you're signed up.' "

4) 24hrs later the retroactive bonus points were in my account.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
I have been gold for a few years and requalified again for 2004, but did this last fall, when I first read about it. I successfully created a new ACAQ account and then merged, then got my 50K. I requalified for Gold again for 2004, so that is not an issue, however I am curious as to whether any one has tried to do it again via online registration to get an additional 50K. I have 4 stays already booked between now and Feb 15, and would love to get an additional 50K for them
Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:35 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Still can't get over how greedy some people are...
Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xray:
Still can't get over how greedy some people are...</font>
I think that was in reference to the person looking to get in on this 2x, and I tend to agree, but anyway...

I am a Diamond, and you bet your a$$ I am going to get in on this! Sometimes HH really really angers me. Don't get me wrong, we all love promos, but they shoot themselves in the foot.

In late '01 and early-mid '02 they ran 50k promos, 1,500 bonus points for booking online, triple miles, double points, triple points, etc etc etc... you name it, they ran it.

And then it hit them... wow, we gave away millions of points, and all of a sudden an ALON award for 100k became an ALON2 for 175k.

If you really want to make a promo that is useful, IMHO, gear it towards the people that actually earn it. Make it mean something.

Case in point, I got a targeted bonus a few weeks ago... 4 stays gets me 4,000 points; 8 stays gets me 8,000 points... woo hoo. And then to find out that they'll give some loser 50k points for 4 stays for nothing?!?!?!?! what the hell is that about? Nice to be appreciated I guess... They should give the 4x/4k, 8x/8k bonus to the aeroplan losers and have a real promo for the tried & true Golds (earned status) and Diamonds.

Everyone is gonna jump on me and say that I am crazy, but just wait 'til that 175k ALON2 becomes an 225k ALON3 and you'll know where your 50k points went. There's no such thing as a free lunch!
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:56 am

Three strikes. I called the diamond desk again and they said I was not eligible............. So that's 2 diamond desk and 1 regular desk calls with no luck. </font>
4th time's the charm!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.