Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2003, 4:26 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K

I don't know why you all are going through so much trouble.... I just called HH and enrolled in ACAQ (I was gold already). They did something on their own (create account, merge it into new).. I was just quiet and waited for them to tell me "You are enrolled sir".
Old Dec 18, 2003, 5:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by atwnsw2:
Is there a hilton/(hampton) promotion code that will help me bring my rate down in Tampa cheaper than $53 per night. </font>
If you can find a cheaper rate on Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, or any other third party website (where you know the hotel before paying), they'll match it and send you $50, making this the best buy in the world.

If you do find such a deal, please post it in a new thread!

http://www.hiltonworldwide.com/en/ww...uarantee.jhtml

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited Dec 18, 2003).]
Old Dec 19, 2003, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the links. I was skeptical, but I enrolled online and contacted the Diamond Desk to merge the accounts. I also asked for my last for stays to be credited the bonuses. The acct rep said that she was unable to do it, but would pass my request along. I just logged into my original account, and an extra 50,000 points.

Thanks again
Old Dec 19, 2003, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Okay, I'm probably another biggest skeptic here. I went on line, created the new ACAQ account promo code HHonors account, and it said Gold right away. Went, on-line, back into my current HHonors Gold account under Member Services, chose the Merge Accounts option and I couldn't believe the amount of ease it was! It was written in a way to merge YOUR accounts. Those who have spouces and siblings account merging issues have to call HHonors, according to the webpage! LOL!

Now I passed that point (boy that was easy) and it says I have to wait 3 - 4 business days and that will be all (today is Friday night)! My current GLD account is good until 02/2005 and since this ACAQ promo was the same, I just did the math as I'm going for Diamond this year anyway...I had nothing really to lose in the end.

So I hope they merge it correctly, I keep the miles to AA, I get the 50,000 points and I will be happy! I have 24,000 right now, so 74,000+ will certainly be better!

I did call HHonors before trying, just to see if they could just add ACAQ to the account. The nice woman (who claimed she was on the Diamond desk...late night transfer?) couldn't add it. She said it wouldn't allow her, so she said it was a targetted promo. I said..Yeah, that's right and the promo told me to add a new account. She was a little silent, so I said "innocently" (yeah right), I'll just keep the GLD account I have.

Thanks guys and FT! Will report back with 50,000+ on my *current* GLD account! I have 2 stays currently booked for January, with an opened opportunity to get the remaining 2 before the end of January!! Who needs Radisson 5000 AA Miles for 2 stays....give me 50,000!! YIPPEE!!

[This message has been edited by Cygnus X-1 (edited Dec 19, 2003).]
Old Dec 19, 2003, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI, once your accounts merge, you may have to call back to add your Aeroplan account number before the promo miles will post.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Anyone get points without an Aeroplan number? I never fly "that" airline.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Anyone get points without an Aeroplan number? I never fly "that" airline.</font>
I didn't. After a couple of weeks of waiting after the "do it yourself" merge, and not seeing any retroactive points post, I called to inquire.

The agent saw the correct code from the merge, but there was no Aeroplan account number in there, which he said is required by the system for the promo to work properly. When he added my Aeroplan number...bingo...the points posted instantly. This was reported by others in this thread.

FYI, from what others have written here, it's sounds easy to enroll and get an instant Aeroplan membership number online at their web site.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called and the rep put me on to a supervisor. She said that a lot of people had been getting the promos that shouldn't have and they were looking into it.

She gave me two options:

Take ACAQ and be demoted to Gold from Diamond,

or

Take an alternative promo for 25k

I opted for the latter and the points have already posted.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 6:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PrivatePilot:

I don't know why you all are going through so much trouble.... I just called HH and enrolled in ACAQ (I was gold already). They did something on their own (create account, merge it into new).. I was just quiet and waited for them to tell me "You are enrolled sir".
</font>
Sounds like you and others were lucky. When I called a week ago, they said it was a targeted promo and that I didn't qualify.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:54 am
Suspended

Okay, well, I'll sign up for an AEROPLAN number and I know I can add it in on the website (correct?). I guess, I loose 2000 AA Miles (equivalent to 4000 HHonors points) to AC. But when the promo is exhausted, I can switch back to AA.

I sure hope this is right! Anyone switch back to their prefered airline? I sure hope hotel chains understand that targetted promos never work, only those who sign up send the cash.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 11:13 am

It amazes me, why one would merge accounts. Keep two seperate accounts and two for your wife. That would give you 16 stays for 200,000 points. The receipt still will have your name on it. Merging asccounts in this volume just alerts Hilton to something going on. The more actions like this the more likely we woun't see anymore conquest promotions. Take the promotions and be thankful. Also if you open a new account and then get your 50,000 then go back to your old account. In time the newly opened not used account may be targeted in the future for a different conquest. Now all of you that merged accounts will have to open a new account.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 11:16 am

Actually, I received ACAQ points while having miles posted to my AA account. I signed up for an Aeroplan membership when signing up for ACAQ, but I never gave the number to Hilton.

Also, why is everyone calling Hilton to sign up for ACAQ? With the volume of calls they are receiving from people randomly asking for 50000 points, I'm sure they've become stingier in adding the promo to people's accounts. Why not just sign up online?
Old Dec 20, 2003, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
Anyone get points without an Aeroplan number? I never fly "that" airline.</font>
I did. Check my posts further up the thread. First call to the Diamond desk elicited the response that they needed an AC number. I got one, but when I called back, they didn't ask for it.

Bonus for first stay posted already. My next stay is in a week or so, so we'llsee how it goes.

Old Dec 20, 2003, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hfly posts:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I called and the rep put me on to a supervisor. She said that a lot of people had been getting the promos that shouldn't have and they were looking into it.</font>
Hey, maybe Adam dropped by this thread when he paid a visit to FlyerTalk to post in the PointStretcher thread?

Old Dec 20, 2003, 4:31 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
If someone has had experiences with cheap hotels (U.S. or international) that are open to granting stay credit for no-shows, please e-mail me...thanks .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.