Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2003, 9:09 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
I registered a new acct successfully with the above link. I was going to wait until the "instant gold" showed up to merge accounts though to ensure the 50K points. Called HHonors who told me the promo code didn't register- only the new acct. I asked them if they could apply the 50K promo to the Diamond acct I already have- they said they sent a message to Air Canada that I was unable to register and that they should add the promo to my acct. (How can an airline add 50K to my acct?) So seems like no success for me... I tried registering for a couple of friends also but "instant gold status" did not reflect.

------------------
KLM PE,HHonors Diamond,SPG Plat,PC Plat,SAS Silver
Old Nov 18, 2003, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Anyone here with the old AAGU promo that still have Hilton Gold cards that claim to expire in 2/2005?? Any ideas what will happen on Jan 1 2004, or will we have to join Air Canada and the Hilton promo??
Old Nov 18, 2003, 8:52 pm

You must hawe four stays by 2/15/04 to receive the 50,000 bonus points. In addition, you must have a current Air Canada account. If your attempt to set up the account online was not successful, just call and provide the information.

I've found that the previous promotion that offered 25,000 was a lot smoother. Due to the number of points involved, the reps are asking for more information.
Old Nov 20, 2003, 9:26 am

I have to say thanks for this promo. I registered for a new account with it, got instant gold, stayed 2 nights at SLC Downtown Hilton with all gold ammenities, and I have 5k bonus points on my account to show for it. Worked GREAT. THANKS!

BTW: I have no Air Canada account. Haven't had any problems as of yet, but hopefully they won't rescind anything.

[This message has been edited by newwaveboy (edited Nov 20, 2003).]
Old Nov 22, 2003, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
I'm gold. So- I did new acct method, however I did code ACAT (ACAQ did not work), then combined accts (old+new=>old).
I got bonus 2.5K points for 1st stay, with Bonus Name "2003 AC AQUIST".
BUT got No bonus for 2nd stay. Any idea why? could it be because resrvation for 2nd stay was done before I united the accts (unlike 1st stay), or 2nd stay only 1 nite?
Old Nov 22, 2003, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Are you guys crediting miles to AC? Do you have to? I would love to get the HHonors points but am tired of AC (do have a long-standing account) and want credit to go to AA.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 3:38 pm
Community Director Emerita

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IntFF:
I got bonus 2.5K points for 1st stay, with Bonus Name "2003 AC AQUIST".
BUT got No bonus for 2nd stay. Any idea why?
</font>
Bonus points show differently for the first stay than for the next three. The first bonus shows up with the points for the hotel stay. The next 3 bonuses show up under Promotional Bonus Points and Miles. Check there; hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 3:40 pm
Community Director Emerita

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Altaflyer:
Are you guys crediting miles to AC? Do you have to? </font>
You can credit the miles wherever you like. I got the UA 25K offer, and my account was set up for the miles to go to AA. It was no problem at all.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 5:08 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
THANKS! Just signed up but had a question once accounts merge. Will my two stays since Oct 15 count retroactively or do I start from 0 after signing up today towards the 4 stay 50k promo?

------------------
Going back to the bAAsics
Feed the world for FREE! One click daily- www.thehungersite.com
Old Nov 22, 2003, 6:02 pm

Worked for me.. Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2003, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SanDiego1K:
You can credit the miles wherever you like. I got the UA 25K offer, and my account was set up for the miles to go to AA. It was no problem at all.</font>
Thank you so much! The liberation from AC continues.

I must say that the promo works - I have 7 nights booked at Hilton hotels at present!
Old Nov 23, 2003, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Thank-you SanDiego1K for the pointer to "Promotional Bonus Points and Miles".
Found the 5K points for 2nd stay of AC promotion, plus another 1000 miles and 2.5K points that I had no idea I got.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 2:56 pm

In merging two Hhonors accounts, you have to choose which account number to "keep". For purchase of the ACAQ promotion, does that mean I have to merge my old account into the new, or can I merge the new account into my old. (My old # is burned into my memory - I just hate to switch it!)
Old Nov 23, 2003, 5:17 pm

dunedogs57,

old =&gt; new or new =&gt; old

It is your choice! (Just make sure you click on the one you want or you may get the one you don't want!)
Old Nov 23, 2003, 5:36 pm

Do you have to wait until after the four stays to merge the accounts? Do the qualifying stays have to be under the new number?

thanks,
marc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.