Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2003, 5:40 pm
Community Director Emerita

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marq:
Do you have to wait until after the four stays to merge the accounts? </font>
I merged mine immediately after setting up the new account, into my existing Diamond account - per instructions from a supervisor on the Diamond desk. This preserved my Diamond status, and brought the promotion into it. I have subsequently received bonus points, so I can confirm that this works.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SanDiego1K:
I merged mine immediately after setting up the new account, into my existing Diamond account - per instructions from a supervisor on the Diamond desk. This preserved my Diamond status, and brought the promotion into it. I have subsequently received bonus points, so I can confirm that this works.</font>
That's precisely what I want to do. Good to know I can do it with the blessing of the Diamond desk.

So ...

1. Set up new account and register for promo.
2. Promo code is ACAQ, right?
3. Immediately merge accounts, stay a Diamond and the bonus points will flow in, right?
4. 4 stays between now and Feb 15, right?
5. I have a revenue stay at LGW booked. That will count and I can stay as a Diamond, right?

For 50K points, I don't want to screw it up.

Old Nov 23, 2003, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I have an old Gold card from the last promo giving me status until 2005. I hope that during the merger I would not lose that deadline. Anyone with that experience? I do like my undeserved Gold status. I can't believe that HHonors is letting people merge accounts. Why not just let you have the promo to begin with?

What 25K promo with United is anyone talking about? The only one I know of does not involve Hilton.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 6:57 am

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BigLar:
So ...
1. Set up new account and register for promo.
</font>
Just to clarify, you have to enter the promo code on the screen that comes *before* you start setting up your account (using the link provided). To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to register once an account has already been created (without starting over, of course).
Old Nov 24, 2003, 6:59 am
Suspended

I am in that 2005 year issue as well. I'm waiting until the end of the year to see what happens. There is a targetted promo going on for 3000 points for 3 stays (anyone get that one)? Me wants 50,000 points, but me wants to be Gold until 4/2005 as well.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
If you have a card that says Gold to 2005 do you really think Hilton would SHORTEN that under this promo? If anything, I would expect a year to be added I am not worried.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 8:42 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
I did just try to sign up for this one but once I filled out the registration page I just came back to the begining... what is wrong?
Old Nov 24, 2003, 10:33 am

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gustaf:
I did just try to sign up for this one but once I filled out the registration page I just came back to the begining... what is wrong?</font>
That happened to me too at first. I think it happens when you time the page out--in other words, take too long to fill out the application. Just try it again.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 2:44 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Thank you so much for sharing this!

I was going to lose HH status next year because my new employer prefers Marriott. (I know, I know, but I took the job anyway)

Does it matter which way I merge the accounts? IE should I merge the new into old, or old into new? Doesn't matter to me, just wanna make sure I get the best out of it!
Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:07 pm

Suggested to friend to follow the ACAQ sign up. They did. New account shows Blue, not Gold????? Did they make a mistake?
Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:28 pm

The ACAQ promo says that if you are member already just call Customers Service to add this promo. When you follow this procedure the HH Agent says that you could only open new ACAQ account online.
Has anyone had different experience?
Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:36 pm

Is this ACAQ open to those who do not have Air Canada membership?
Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
No but you can sign up for Aeroplan at the same time.

------------------

BlondeBomber's Star Lounge Guide
BlondeBomber's Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart 2003
BlondeBomber's Hilton HHonors Rewards Hotel Levels (1 MB!)
BlondeBomber's Starwood Hotel Levels
Old Nov 24, 2003, 5:39 pm

Programs: EBD
Finally-- successfuly merged the two gold accounts, keeping the old HH number. Can't wait to see if the promo points will show up during next four stays...

Any success stories so far from someone merging before staying?
Old Nov 24, 2003, 7:08 pm

Worked for me for the 1st 5k point bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.