Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2003, 8:46 pm

Just tried both my US and non US addresses - both confirmed as Blue - seems Gold may be dead
Old Nov 24, 2003, 11:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by henwood:
Also would award stays in the same period count?</font>
does anyone know?
Old Nov 25, 2003, 12:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SanDiego1K:
Bonus points show differently for the first stay than for the next three. The first bonus shows up with the points for the hotel stay. The next 3 bonuses show up under Promotional Bonus Points and Miles. Check there; hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.</font>
Thank you very much.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 3:48 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Lpas:
That happened to me too at first. I think it happens when you time the page out--in other words, take too long to fill out the application. Just try it again.</font>
Thanks! It wen´t thru this time. Called the Nordic customer service center and they succesfully merged my old account with the new one, keeping my old number. According to the agent my Gold status will remain valid thru 04/2005
Old Nov 25, 2003, 7:59 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peter1962:
Just tried both my US and non US addresses - both confirmed as Blue - seems Gold may be dead</font>

The first card you see is blue, but when you log into the account, it shows your status as gold.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 10:34 am

Today also worked for me.
Gold after I logged into my new HH #
Old Nov 25, 2003, 10:58 am

I merged my accounts before I even received the confirmation email on my new account. Was I too fast? Will I not see any bonus? I was never going to use the new number in lieu of my Diamond number so I figured there was no sense waiting to merge the accounts.

marc
Old Nov 25, 2003, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Well, I just created one and combined it with my diamond account. I did check and the new account was gold. I think the email confirmation has little to do with the process. It was an option, and in my case the email showed up instantly.

HH claims it will take a few days to merge the accounts and that they'll let me know when it's done. I guess I'll find out if this worked when/if I get bonus points for my upcoming stays.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
I've set up my new account, but am afraid to merge it with my existing Diamond account because:

a) I don't want my Diamond status demoted to gold, and

b) I want to be sure that if I spend the next 4 stays in a Hilton, that I will still get bonus credit.

Should I wait to merge them? Or will it work if I merge them now?

------------------
AA EXP, 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Old Nov 25, 2003, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL Gold - HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I just signed up using the ACAQ code and have one account with got an account with Gold VIP, which I merged into my current account that was Silver VIP. I made stays at Hiltons on Nov 7 and 21. Will these stays get me 5K and 10K retroactively?

Sorry if this question has been answered, but I am very unfamiliar with HHonors.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 9:34 pm

Programs: EBD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sammy343:
Will these stays get me 5K and 10K retroactively?</font>
I merged into my old account on Nov 21. My stay for Oct 23 didn't give me the bonus retroactively
Old Nov 26, 2003, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So here's a possibility...

I sign up for a new account, use the promo code, do four stays, and get Gold and 50K points.

My current account, which is a Diamond, expires after 4/2004 because I don't have any stays. However, I will have a nice shiny Gold account that I can then merge, and get the 50K plus whatever points I got from the stays, plus whatever I had in the Diamond account (~25K) and make one big happy pile of points.

Will this work? Or is it not recommended?
Old Nov 26, 2003, 8:14 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
best,
While in theory you probably should be a member of Air Canada's program, it would take some effort and programming for them to somehow cross reference whether a newly minted HH member actually has an AC account. Also its possible that the member has one act at the office, or at home or at summer house, etc. In short, it would be logistically difficult and expensive for them to cross reference these data points, and what would they really gain by going to that trouble? They would have to set up a queue of accounts to be manually worked where there was some kind of name or address mismatch, etc. Again, costing time and resources. Flyertalk is a very small segment of the population, and if this encourages someone who might not normally to stay 4 times, they are coming out ahead. SO enjoy it and don't worry about if you have an AC account, but if it really makes you feel better you can sign up for one.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 2:53 pm

Thanks to those who posted here, this is what I did:

- Called HHDiamond with code and they setup a new account and then merged the two
- One retroactive stay posted with first bonus within a few days
- Next three stays have since posted and total bonus is now 50,000.

You could still so this yourself online and get the new account and then merge them. You'll want to do this immediately if you have Diamond status so that you get the Diamond treatment during your four stays.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 4:03 pm

MainlyUS:

Did you use your "new" number or your Diamond number when making the reservations?

I tried getting Diamond desk to help me do the same thing and they said they had nothing to do with it; I had to contact AC.

marc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.