Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2003, 8:08 am

Programs: UA: MM
I just received the bonus points for three stays in November that I had before I signed up for the promo. I took a little longer for the bonus points to show up than I expected, but they do seem to give retroactive credit.

FWIW

DLM
Old Dec 10, 2003, 9:15 am
Suspended

I did as was suggested online on Monday, signed up w/o an AC acct#, then went back and switched the new acct into my old Diamond acct. Called the Diamond desk they confirmed it went thru and that my old acct indeed had the ACAQ attached to it. Checked today and got the all the pts retro. THANKS for the heads up on this one.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 11:42 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
2... Ah ha ha...
Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Originally posted by Gustaf:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
What is the last day for completing these 4 stays? I have read some different opinions about this.
</font>
Good question. Anyone?
Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
With ACAQ it's either Jan 31, 2004 (as per the HH reps who read the details of the promo) or Feb 15, 2004 (as per the initial post in this thread and the stuff AC sent out).
Old Dec 10, 2003, 4:12 pm

If you sign up for ACAQ promo now, how far back can you include prior stays?
Old Dec 10, 2003, 8:22 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by QF WP:
[b]Just got the heads up from IainF on this one, and I am Gold until 4/04,

Where did you see that the comped gold expires in 4/04? That's when current gold status from 2003 would normally expire if you did not do enough 2003 stays.

I'd seen on other posts that the gold lasted until 10/04 and still others that it went until 4/05. Can anyone clarify when exactly the ACAQ gold expires?
Old Dec 10, 2003, 8:38 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Athena53:
I just did this yesterday- got the new membership with the instant Gold status, verified it on-line, then combined accounts on-line. According to the message, combining accounts will take 3-4 days. Looks like it worked, though- thanks!</font>
Hold on, here! You can actually get the ACAQ GLD account and the combine the two GLD accounts on-line without even calling HHonors?? Is this true?

If true, can someone provide a small step-by-step process on how that was done? If I don`t need to talk to a human, I`ll press the buttons!

Old Dec 10, 2003, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cygnus X-1...I belive the info you want is already in this very thread.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 11:50 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Did all the registering and combining online, and it was easy. I am HHonors Gold before the promo, set up a new ACAQ account, combined both, keeping my original gold number, and the first bonus just posted, for a 2 night stay just over a week ago at the Niagara Falls Embassy Suites Hotel. Total points, including bonus was 7176. Not bad for a $154 USD stay!!

When I registered my wife's HHonors account (she was HHonors Blue) for the ACAQ promo, although I tried to keep her original account number, the system voided that, and gave her the new account number as a gold. Her points transfered correctly though, so no problem, but I wonder why it didn't let the original account number stay as I requested on the member services page.

bj-21.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:46 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
With ACAQ it's either Jan 31, 2004 (as per the HH reps who read the details of the promo) or Feb 15, 2004 (as per the initial post in this thread and the stuff AC sent out).</font>
Thanks! Better do it by Jan 31 then, to be on the safe side.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 8:04 am

I've tried setting up a new Gold account (using the ACAQ code exactly as described in these posts) 2x now without success.

Anybody else having the same problem? Any guesses as to why it works for some and not for others?
Old Dec 11, 2003, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update:

* I called the Diamond desk and had them put the ACAQ promo on my account. No additional accounts, no merging, no AC number needed. See my post earlier in this thread.

* Stayed at a Hampton Inn Monday night - stay posted today - 20 pts/$ plus 5000 bonus. Not specifically identified as bonus, just total HHonor points.

I am content.

I have one more stay in a week or two, and then I will get more in January (to be safe).

So the process works.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 9:51 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
How long retroactively did you get your stays credited? I was told by a diamond desk agent that the promo is on my account, but recent stays (Oct. 31, paid and Nov. 14, award with high incidentals) did not trigger a bonus.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 10:06 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
How long retroactively did you get your stays credited? I was told by a diamond desk agent that the promo is on my account, but recent stays (Oct. 31, paid and Nov. 14, award with high incidentals) did not trigger a bonus.</font>
I got credit for 3 stays between Oct 22 and 27th even though I did not register until November 27th.
Note as might be the case with yours the credits ( points) do not show up immediately
but took I would say about 5/6 days.
mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.