Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Bus 6030 at arrival level gate 6B or 13A. Depending on the number of people trying to buy tickets inside go outside near the gate and there are additional ticket booths with one or two windows open. Remember to have cash unless you have a Korean transportation card.
The ticket booths at ICN also take credit cards. But the vendors right at the bus stop and the driver on the way back is cash only.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'll be in Seoul for 2 nights in May and am having a hard time deciding between the Conrad and the Park Hyatt. I'm losing my Diamond status so will be a Gold by that time, and also have mid-level status with Hyatt. At either hotel, I'd be staying on points so cost of the rooms themselves isn't an issue.

I'm not really familiar with Seoul, so would love to hear from those who have stayed at either or both of those properties. In particular:

- proximity/ease of transportation from airport
- location and things to do around the hotel - sightseeing, food/restaurants, and shopping in particular
- any other pros/cons of each property
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
I'm not that familiar with Seoul as well, but i did stay at both properties last year.

1. For airport, the airport bus goes to both so to speak. With Park Hyatt, you can stop at CALT(?), then take taxi from there. PH will pay the taxi.
With Conrad the airport bus actually stops there.
Check here to find out more: ICN bus route

2. Both are really close to the subway system.
The Park Hyatt is literally next to the subway entrance. And if i recalled correctly, it involves only 1 flight of stairs to reach the platform.
It's in business area I believe, but there's plenty of small bakery/shop to get some morning breakfast if you want. The COEX is in renovation when I was there.
And there's a Dept Store with a food court within walking distance.
You can head on the PH Seoul master thread for more info.

Conrad Seoul is attached to IFC mall, so plenty of shopping. There's subway there, but it's quite a bit of walk and up-down escalator.
It also involves quite a bit of change to hit some of the tourist spot from Conrad from what I remember.
Might also depends on where you want to go. Their subway system is pretty good.
Someone more familiar with Seoul might be able to help.

3. Property-wise, both are nice. I'm only Plat with Hyatt, so no breakfast.
But I got 1 lvl upgrade i think. The room was really nice. I didn't get a chance to use any of their facilities since I arrived pretty late.

With Conrad, I was upgraded to the Suite, which was really nice. And the lounge evening offering was fairly extensive. You could make small meal out of it if you wish.
For breakfast you can do either lounge or restaurant. The gym area was huge. It has jacuzzi and steam room.

Conrad room is more modern. It has smart TV, and AppleTV.
PH room (and overall atmosphere of the hotel) seems more relaxing though.
Both are equally excellent I think, depends on which points you have more, and which status you have
Oh, PH Seoul is only category 4. So that Chase Hyatt annual free night can be used there.
Conrad Seoul is 60k i believe.

edit: I just saw that you mentioned status. Since you're gold with Hilton, i'm thinking you should probably go Conrad.
With the lounge/breakfast, and IFC mall next door, it's just more convenient imho.

Originally Posted by sfoactuary
I'm not really familiar with Seoul, so would love to hear from those who have stayed at either or both of those properties. In particular:

- proximity/ease of transportation from airport
- location and things to do around the hotel - sightseeing, food/restaurants, and shopping in particular
- any other pros/cons of each property
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
No availability on cash or points on Jan 2nd-3rd..
arggg any input folks?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Can someone who has stayed recently confirm there is no complementary Conrad bear left at turndown service?

How does this property compare to Conrad HK, Tokyo and Singapore? Is a standard room upgrade for a HH Diamond a room to the Executive Floor? Any Diamond members get an upgrade to a suite with EL access?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Time traveller
Can someone who has stayed recently confirm there is no complementary Conrad bear left at turndown service?
No bear left at turndown service, but there is a blue Conrad Seoul rubber duckie at the bathtub. Perhaps you could request a complimentary bear? Strangely the usual yellow rubber duckie wasn't available at Conrad BKK or Koh Samui--but it was fun to try to explain to the staff what a rubber duckie was. They acted like I had made it up.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by TrAAveller
No bear left at turndown service, but there is a blue Conrad Seoul rubber duckie at the bathtub. Perhaps you could request a complimentary bear? Strangely the usual yellow rubber duckie wasn't available at Conrad BKK or Koh Samui--but it was fun to try to explain to the staff what a rubber duckie was. They acted like I had made it up.
My last stay was in December. I received the duck but no bear. When I called down to inquire about the bear I was informed they were no longer offered.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by polandspringuy
My last stay was in December. I received the duck but no bear. When I called down to inquire about the bear I was informed they were no longer offered.
i was there in Nov, got yellow duck but no bear, called, they said out of stock, BUT it's available for sale.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:38 am

I have never encountered this before but i was told for the first time in years of staying at hilton properties that if i bring my kids to the lounge i would have to pay an additional $30 per kid per night. We are currently staying (family of 4 - 2 adults ans 2 kids) at the Conrad Seoul and did manage to get an upgrade to a Suite.

Is there any way to avoid or minimize these charges?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by svasandani
i was told for the first time in years of staying at hilton properties that if i bring my kids to the lounge i would have to pay an additional $30 per kid per night.
What age are your kids? Also, what is your HH status? I was thinking of staying here soon but that might sway me to the Park Hyatt instead.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
I have never encountered this before but i was told for the first time in years of staying at hilton properties that if i bring my kids to the lounge i would have to pay an additional $30 per kid per night. We are currently staying (family of 4 - 2 adults ans 2 kids) at the Conrad Seoul and did manage to get an upgrade to a Suite.

Is there any way to avoid or minimize these charges?
Executive Lounge Policies:

Dress code is smart casual. No sandals, flipflops, shorts, bathrobes or swimsuits
Smoking and consumption of outside beverages are not permitted
Please refrain from using mobile phones and Skype in the lounge to maintain the business atmosphere
Extra charges apply for additional guest entrance into the lounge. Please refer to the Executive Lounge team
Children under 12 are not allowed in the Executive Lounge during Happy Hour

I don't see any rooms that allow 2+2. You might need 2 rooms.

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...ve-lounge.html
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:30 pm

Does anyone know if the electrical outlets in the room are Type C or Type F? I think Type C ones could plug into Type F right?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by StevenH123
What age are your kids? Also, what is your HH status? I was thinking of staying here soon but that might sway me to the Park Hyatt instead.
I do have Diamond status however my kids are 12 and 15 years of age. They are pretty firm about this policy but at $60 / day for the kids i think it is a bit steep. i was able to work out an arrangement where if i don't use lounge at all on certain days then i don't have to pay for those days.

I have not seen any other lounge from any hotel chain enforce this type of policy before.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Need
Does anyone know if the electrical outlets in the room are Type C or Type F? I think Type C ones could plug into Type F right?
They have universal type outlets that support all of the plug types from around the world near the desk but other places in the room have the local ones. They also have a USB and ethernet port as well.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:54 am

They have universal type outlets that support all of the plug types from around the world near the desk but other places in the room have the local ones. They also have a USB and ethernet port as well.
For the local ones, are they Type C or Type F? On the web it said South Korea uses Type C but many hotel has Type F outlets. The different is Type F has grounds on the outside of the circle I believe. I just have the regular old Type C plug and I wonder if they would fit.

BTW, any outlet next to the bed? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.