Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: OZ, KE, BX, 7C
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Have to say that the Conrad Seoul almost felt like being in a M Oriental. Has a great feel to it
Well, actually there's rumor that Conrad Seoul will be re-branded into Mandarin Oriental Seoul after AIG sell to new investor.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Need
For the local ones, are they Type C or Type F? On the web it said South Korea uses Type C but many hotel has Type F outlets. The different is Type F has grounds on the outside of the circle I believe. I just have the regular old Type C plug and I wonder if they would fit.

BTW, any outlet next to the bed? Thanks!
Yes, there are outlets next to bed but they are not the universal version. I think they are of Type F.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Originally Posted by svasandani
We are currently staying (family of 4 - 2 adults ans 2 kids) at the Conrad Seoul and did manage to get an upgrade to a Suite.
How did you manage to get a room for 2+2? I tried to book for my family and it appears no rooms allow more than 3 occupants.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The OP most likely didn't book a room for 2+2. The room was booked for 2 but the OP checked-in 4 persons. No wonder 4 persons (adults) in the lounge from one room was denied. The OP should have booked 2 rooms.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Originally Posted by SK AAR
The OP most likely didn't book a room for 2+2. The room was booked for 2 but the OP checked-in 4 persons. No wonder 4 persons (adults) in the lounge from one room was denied. The OP should have booked 2 rooms.
Possible, although it sounded as if it was 2+2 to me. Yet they have rooms with two queen beds. That would mean 4 persons in the US, at least. Of course, different cities/countries have different occupancy rules.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by svasandani
I do have Diamond status however my kids are 12 and 15 years of age. They are pretty firm about this policy but at $60 / day for the kids i think it is a bit steep. i was able to work out an arrangement where if i don't use lounge at all on certain days then i don't have to pay for those days.

I have not seen any other lounge from any hotel chain enforce this type of policy before.
I'm here now for a few nights with my wife and kids (ages 1 & 4). No issue with lounge access aside from the posted policy of no kids during happy hour. Staff has been very gracious and has even offered to put aside some snacks if I want to bring the kids up after cocktail hour. We've been opting for breakfast downstairs in Zest as the staff said the selection is better.

The lack of Conrad bear has disappointed my wife but she does like the scuba-style duck...
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:20 am
whl

Broadband

I am really impressed with the broadband speed in Seoul. It is the top two fastest in the world together with Japan. I just did a speedtest and this is the fastest I have come across ... Ping 4ms, download speed of 158.32 Mbps and upload 187.85 Mbps in the Executive Lounge.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:27 am

^^^

Can't wait to stay there next month!!!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
In a casual conversation with one of the lounge staff I mentioned that I missed adding a Conrad Seoul bear to our collection. The next day my kids were each presented with one, much to their delight.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:13 am

Does anyone know if the executive lounge offers wifi egg rental? Or is there a place close by that offers it? Or should I just get it at ICN? Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just spent 5 days at this hotel. I was upgraded as Gold to executive floor. I had originally booked in King Premium Room.
As previous have mentioned the Lounge was great. I was on leisure trip and I found the location to be ok easy enough to take subway everywhere.

I would stay here again if in Seoul.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: OZ, KE, BX, 7C
Originally Posted by Need
Does anyone know if the executive lounge offers wifi egg rental? Or is there a place close by that offers it? Or should I just get it at ICN? Thanks.
You should get/return it at ICN first floor KT roaming center or at GMP, PUS.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by nuff
You should get/return it at ICN first floor KT roaming center or at GMP, PUS.
Alright thanks.
Old May 3, 2014, 12:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Booked a standard (King Bed Deluxe) room for one night on points & money and as a Gold was upgraded to a corner suite with lounge access. ^ Missed the happy hour since I was sightseeing, but went to the lounge for a quick look, used the swimming pool in the morning and had an excellent breakfast (possibly the best hotel breakfast, as opposed to brunch, I've come across anywhere) in the Zest Restaurant. I arrived in GMP and took the subway #9 to the hotel and travelled everywhere on the subway but decided to take the airport bus to ICN the following day. As others have said all staff were extremely courteous and helpful.

Originally Posted by Rasalon
1. I would set the room temperature to 18 degrees for the night. A handful of times during my stay I would wake up warm in the middle of the night, as the system would set itself up to 25 degrees.
Haha... we might have been in the same room. I tried to set the temperature to 17 degrees as the room was far too warm but the system kept on setting itself to 25 degrees and at one point this was what the control panel displayed.

2. Lights would come on at random. I eventually had to sleep with an eye mask, as the hallway entry light would come on approximately every other night. As this light is motion activated upon entry to the room, made me very jumpy the first time it happened.
Ditto. Though eventually things settled down and I didn't need an eye mask.

4. Learned pretty quickly to leave the toilet well enough alone, it has too many controls for the mere human.
Had no problem with the toilet.

Here are some photos. (Room 1516)

The view could have been better from a higher floor but I had no complaint.

As an alternative to walking through the IFC Mall it was a pleasant walk from the Yeouido subway station exit #3 to the hotel.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 11, 2014 at 11:12 am Reason: added room number
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:07 am

I'm speechless.....

Tonight is the last night of our tour through South Korea. We saved the Conrad Seoul until the end.

The hotel staff has been exemplary in terms of service and friendliness. I had just emailed the GM to compliment his staff when he called. I jokingly said that his staff has met every single one of my requests, except one. I wanted to borrow the huge bear outside the Zest restaurant for my final night and each staff member just shook his/her head.

Shortly after our phone call ended, the doorbell rings. Two staff members were at the door with the Zest bear. The bear takes up the entire King bed. I guess I'll sleep on the floor.

Lesson learned - no more silly jokes because this hotel really aims to please!

I'll have to leave the Zest bear when I check out tomorrow, but I will add a regular Conrad bear, plus the little red bear on a keychain, and a blue rubber ducky to my collection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.