Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I booked 5 nights in the standard room at an AARP rate of 270,000 KRW and got the NOR1 upgrade offer to a corner suite for about 111,000 KRW, which is not that much less than the difference on Hilton.com. I imagine a comped upgrade to the suite is unlikely, but are they likely to offer a lower rate upgrade at checkin?

Also, noticed that the rate for 2 guests was higher than for 1, so just booked for 1 and put a note in saying that we would be 2. Can I assume that this property has no problem with the 2nd guest stays free benefit?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Also, noticed that the rate for 2 guests was higher than for 1, so just booked for 1 and put a note in saying that we would be 2. Can I assume that this property has no problem with the 2nd guest stays free benefit?
You shouldn't have a problem. For one of the nights I stayed there, I had two friends stay with me and they ended up comping the third person when I checked out.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Another stay report and first stay since 2014 for me.

*Spoiler alert* I really like this property! Three night Wednesday- Saturday stay and boy is there a difference between first two nights and Friday.

Took bus from ICN and welcomed in quite late at night. Reception is beautiful open area and the receptionist could not have been more welcoming. Upgraded to Exec river view.

Rooms here are just stunning IMO. The finished, technology,work space, bedding, pillows, amenities,shower, view, tea/coffee are just all top quality. Nothing over the top but just simple luxury.Mini bear and big bear at turndown on separate nights. If we are being picky is you can't turn the shower on without getting wet but picking at hairs here.

Lounge is a lovely area with great views on all side and lounge staff are a credit to themselves and the hotel. Genuinely welcoming and interested you. The lounge on the Wednesday and Thursday is a haven. Great place to work and evening hour is sold. Four choices of hot dish including a lovely barramundi dish. Good drink selection also. The lounge on the Friday night was a zoo. It is know body's fault but a lot of locals especially younger seem to come here on the weekend and obviously book exec rooms. Lots of drinking and posing for photos!

This is also true for breakfast. The spread and service in restaurant is great and when you go early, its lovely and quiet. Great place to read the paper and enjoy the morning. Saturday morning even when I was on my own there was a line so went up to lounge for breakfast where I just managed to sneak in. Decent spread in lounge but nothing like restaurant. You can order eggs with a server.

The spa, gym and pool area here is also very impressive. Gym is large and always empty. Great service even in gym, bringing over cold towels etc. Didn't use pool as always very busy. Also tried the sim golf for ten minutes for a laugh as was include as Diamond.

Special mention here to the staff though. From concierge, to reception, lounge, housekeeping,spa and restaurant, everyone was so professional and delivered exemplary service with a smile.

I am very glad I have more bookings at this hotel in 2017 and can't wait to return!
Attached Images          
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
I've got a 3 night stay in Seoul coming up this month. It's my first visit to Korea; do you think it's worth staying at the Conrad (apparently a metro ride to all the sites) over the Millennium? I kind of like that there's an underground tunnel to the metro given the current temperatures! Prices for my dates are currently the same at both hotels.

Our flight doesn't arrive until 10pm so we might be missing the last airport bus which may be a factor in terms of ease of getting to either hotel.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by k_sheep
I've got a 3 night stay in Seoul coming up this month. It's my first visit to Korea; do you think it's worth staying at the Conrad (apparently a metro ride to all the sites) over the Millennium? I kind of like that there's an underground tunnel to the metro given the current temperatures! Prices for my dates are currently the same at both hotels.

Our flight doesn't arrive until 10pm so we might be missing the last airport bus which may be a factor in terms of ease of getting to either hotel.
If it is same price then I would go for Conrad definitely. Leap and bounds better than the Millenium. The metro in Seoul is almost a joy to ride and as you said it's connected via the mall downstairs. The Conrad is out the way and in a fairly business orientated area but if you are out the whole day it is fine. Millennium defo better for tourist sites but many will still require metro rides anyway.

Maybe see you at the Conrad, I have a couple of stays coming up towards end of the month.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I can see there are new bears. Time to stay again :-)

I agree Conrad is out of the way and it takes a lot of time to get to tourists attractions but hotel is very nice.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:00 am

No contest if it is the same (or even similar) price.

I'm not sure of the airport bus schedule, but you can reach the Conrad by subway if necessary, just transfer at Gimpo Airport. Last train from Incheon is 23.40ish
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Conrad is out of the way and it takes a lot of time to get to tourists attractions but hotel is very nice.
I don't really agree. Seoul is a huge place and no matter where you go, you'll spend a fair time on the train. One of my favourite places to hang out, the Hongjik University area, is not far from the Conrad by train, for example. And there's some good eats in Mapo, like Mapo Mandu (lunch only I think).

Really I am hyperbolising a bit here - but the Conrad is such a fantastic hotel that it's worth a bit of extra travel, and like a previous poster said, public transport in Seoul is a pleasure in its own right. Just keep out of the way of old lady 'ajumma' passengers.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by IRLGearoid
No contest if it is the same (or even similar) price.

I'm not sure of the airport bus schedule, but you can reach the Conrad by subway if necessary, just transfer at Gimpo Airport. Last train from Incheon is 23.40ish
Done and booked! ESFLYER95, 16-19th. Looking forward to it!

Now to figure out how to amuse ourselves in the city for 3 days before going skiing - not easy when we're coming from 34c degree days here
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
If nothing has changed, the airport bus to the Conrad is route 6030 and the last bus is 11pm. The cost is 15,000 KRW. Immigration lines can be very long at ICN no matter the time of day.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: TMTL
Originally Posted by wilp888
If nothing has changed, the airport bus to the Conrad is route 6030 and the last bus is 11pm. The cost is 15,000 KRW. Immigration lines can be very long at ICN no matter the time of day.

We're currently at this hotel ( our 3rd and last night) and we're enjoying every bit of it. And yes bus number is 6030, and cost is 15000 KRW. You can buy the ticket outside the baggage claim area and just tell the ticket person that you want to go to the Conrad. Bus drops you off right in front of the Hotel. I mean right where the entrance to the lobby! How cool is that! I was also given the schedule for the bus that takes you back to ICN, and apparently they also pick up right in front of the hotel. BTW, you're not kidding about the immigration line. It took us a good 1 hr to go through the line.

The hotel itself is lovely, beautiful room, we were given a Grand King Corner suite with gorgeous view of the river and the city, but what we really love is that all the STAFF specially the lounge staff are beyond amazing. Kinda like a total opposite of what we've experienced at a VERY expensive hotel in Sydney ( but that's another post). My hubby and I don't want to leave. They make you feel so special all the time. Anyway bummed we have to leave. Hoping to come back sooner than later.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Which restaurant has breakfast?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Which restaurant has breakfast?
The Zest restaurant on the second floor.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by wilp888
The Zest restaurant on the second floor.
Thanks, wasn't sure as Flames had 07:00 opening time also. ^
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:29 pm

I had an excellent stay here. My room was basically the same as the photos from ESFLYER95's post.

Breakfast buffet was great especially considering the mall doesn't open until 10AM and most places in general don't open very early. Breakfast is served as early as 6:30AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.