Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pschafer
- in room WiFi at $25 pd (free in lounge) - AFAIK Hilton is the only chain not to offer free WiFi to all (or at least basic level program members) guest. Hilton is now on my black list until this issue is resolved.
Hilton is *supposed* to be rolling out free internet for HHonors members (and free "premium" for Diamonds) but so far it's all talk.

Agreed it's outrageous and a good reason to take Hilton off the list. I won't book a hotel that charges for internet.

The final issue which is more amusing than anything - on checking in, I was given a letter stating that on weekends (our stay was over a weekend) you needed to pre-book use of the pool - one entry per room per day for 1h45m due to overcrowding. Also, it advised it was best to have breakfast in the lounge well before 9am as it became over crowded as well. I have certainly never encountered such a thing at any other hotel in any country in my life.
Yes very poorly handled. They basically throw up their hands, and say "it sucks, and it's your problem" rather than cracking down on large families abusing the perks.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The final issue which is more amusing than anything - on checking in, I was given a letter stating that on weekends (our stay was over a weekend) you needed to pre-book use of the pool - one entry per room per day for 1h45m due to overcrowding. Also, it advised it was best to have breakfast in the lounge well before 9am as it became over crowded as well. I have certainly never encountered such a thing at any other hotel in any country in my life.
I basically abandoned using hotel pools in Korea because of chronic overcrowding. Booking is just an insult and I really wonder if they enforce the time limit? Anyone have experience with this?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I basically abandoned using hotel pools in Korea because of chronic overcrowding. Booking is just an insult and I really wonder if they enforce the time limit? Anyone have experience with this?
When I was there last summer, you don't have to pre-book the pool. But it is limited to 1h45m per day. The pool shuts down and clear after every 1h45m and clean for 15 min and reopen. So you will need to be there at the opening time if you want to use the full 1h45m. And once you use up your session you cannot do another one that day. It is a lap pool.. not a relax and hang around resort pool. But there were lots of families there. I am also surprised that most of the adults could not swim. They were using floatation board to swim even though it is only about 4 feet deep.

The few times that I ate the EL, the place was mostly empty. We only go there when the wait at the restaurant was way too long... like 3 hours.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Need
When I was there last summer, you don't have to pre-book the pool. But it is limited to 1h45m per day. The pool shuts down and clear after every 1h45m and clean for 15 min and reopen. So you will need to be there at the opening time if you want to use the full 1h45m. And once you use up your session you cannot do another one that day. It is a lap pool.. not a relax and hang around resort pool. But there were lots of families there. I am also surprised that most of the adults could not swim. They were using floatation board to swim even though it is only about 4 feet deep.
Very effective, I suppose, for crowd control. I couldn't have imagined the booking system working quite well anyhow. Thanks for the clarification!

The times we've been to the Lounge have been pretty relaxing and empty. They have a nice spread and normal and adult beverage selection.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Very effective, I suppose, for crowd control. I couldn't have imagined the booking system working quite well anyhow. Thanks for the clarification!
There were also 2 lanes reserved for the swimming club they have there. I think those are local people who paid for some kind of swimming club where they do actual lap swimming. Those are empty most of the time or only 2 or 3 people taking turn using them.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If anyone is going to Conrad Seoul. Their spa picked up 'best luxury wellness Spa - South Korea' last month from the World Luxury spa awards. Read more about their spa from Miss Spaist here:
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Reporting on my two-night (sat-sun) stay this past weekend. I had informed them of a 3pm early check-in but due to a change in plans I ended up going there at around 11am to drop off my bags. After arriving, the front desk told me that I could check-in at the executive floor. Turns out that they already had a room ready for me and upgraded me to an executive river view room.

Observations:

The room was very nice and maybe the most advanced one I've stayed at so far. Almost everything in the room can be controlled by an LCD panel near the bed.

Executive lounge was spacious but gets crowded quickly on Saturday night. The views are great on the river side and service from the executive lounge staff was excellent.

As other commenters have stated, a lot of locals stay here during the weekend. On Sunday morning, we decided to go to the 2nd floor for breakfast at Zest. It would be wise to get in early. My guests and I got in at around 8:00-8:30am and it was already getting full. By the time we got out, about an hour or so later, the entire lobby was filled with people waiting.

For those considering coming here via subway, I found it to be convenient. Even with a heavy bag (near 23kg), it was not too difficult due to the elevators on every level in the stations. I think the only hard part is figuring out the exact entrance from the IFC mall.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gradfly
Reporting on my two-night (sat-sun) stay this past weekend. I had informed them of a 3pm early check-in but due to a change in plans I ended up going there at around 11am to drop off my bags. After arriving, the front desk told me that I could check-in at the executive floor. Turns out that they already had a room ready for me and upgraded me to an executive river view room.

Observations:

The room was very nice and maybe the most advanced one I've stayed at so far. Almost everything in the room can be controlled by an LCD panel near the bed.

Executive lounge was spacious but gets crowded quickly on Saturday night. The views are great on the river side and service from the executive lounge staff was excellent.

As other commenters have stated, a lot of locals stay here during the weekend. On Sunday morning, we decided to go to the 2nd floor for breakfast at Zest. It would be wise to get in early. My guests and I got in at around 8:00-8:30am and it was already getting full. By the time we got out, about an hour or so later, the entire lobby was filled with people waiting.

For those considering coming here via subway, I found it to be convenient. Even with a heavy bag (near 23kg), it was not too difficult due to the elevators on every level in the stations. I think the only hard part is figuring out the exact entrance from the IFC mall.
It's a bit of a walk from the Line 9 exit and a little confusing to find the mall entrance on the B1 floor. However, doable and plenty of escalators in IFC. From street level, just look for a pure obsidian black building and walk towards it.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:30 am

Stayed here this past weekend too.

Originally booked a regular (Deluxe I think) room. It was pre-upgraded to a Riverview Deluxe. I modified my booking two days before arrival as the price had dropped, so I then booked an executive room. Again, pre-upgraded to a Riverview Executive Room. So Gold upgrades seem to be one 'category' up. Not sure if this applies when you book a Riverview room or not.

Breakfast was very busy downstairs. In the end, I was actually only offered breakfast in the lounge. I noticed after my stay that my preferences were set to 1,000 points so I guess that's why. Lounge breakfast was still very good, but can't compare to the selection in Zest.

Lounge had a pretty good offering during cocktail hour. 2(?) beers, a couple of wines and spirits. Good selection of food. Quite busy.

Rooms are very fancy and modern. Staff were friendly and helpful. Picked up a bear also.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Their lounge and offerings are one of the better ones in Seoul. Worth a stop by even for tea.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:09 am

stayed here during korean holday - chuseok. gold HH, booked via amextravel - got $100 refund vs. hilton, so no points
riverview upgraded to exec riverview. free breakfast only in lounge - nice spread, low on hot foods...
rooms were roomy and modern, though my magic mirror didn't work.
gym was excellent with a good array of weights/cardio.
transportation was convenient with cabs/walk to subway line via basement/ifc mall.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by gan911
stayed here during korean holday - chuseok. Gold HH...
...riverview upgraded to exec riverview. free breakfast only in lounge...
Wife and I were also at the Conrad at the same time as gan911. I'm also a HH gold, and got the exact same benefits. On Monday of chuseok, the 5 to 7pm lounge food hour was a separate set-up in a banquet room because the lounge is too crowded for that one night.

Breakfast for Gold is lounge-only; no buffet at Zest.

We took the airport bus between ICN and Conrad at 15,000 won each-way.
For the subway, access is easiest thru the IFC Mall. The subway station has lines 5 and 9, but 9 doesn't show up on the maps I print at home. I just hand-drew the stops on my map or used a subway app.

My previous stay was two years ago, and would definitely return again.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Wife and I were also at the Conrad at the same time as gan911. I'm also a HH gold, and got the exact same benefits. On Monday of chuseok, the 5 to 7pm lounge food hour was a separate set-up in a banquet room because the lounge is too crowded for that one night.

Breakfast for Gold is lounge-only; no buffet at Zest.

We took the airport bus between ICN and Conrad at 15,000 won each-way.
For the subway, access is easiest thru the IFC Mall. The subway station has lines 5 and 9, but 9 doesn't show up on the maps I print at home. I just hand-drew the stops on my map or used a subway app.

My previous stay was two years ago, and would definitely return again.
Jihachul Seoul subway app is handy.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:59 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

This property currently has a 'Stay 4 nights or more, save 25%' offer for Visa Infinite/Signature/select Platinum/Gold cardholders for stays until 31 December 2015.

You will also receive a room upgrade on arrival, complimentary daily buffet breakfast, free wi-fi, USD25 dining credit, 'VIP guest status' and 3pm late check-out.

https://www.visaluxuryhotels.com/spe...4th-night-free

https://www.visasignaturehotels.com/...4th-night-free
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
delete

Last edited by abaheti; Jan 24, 2016 at 9:43 am Reason: *moot: same price for Millennium & Conrad so going Conrad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.