Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Uber an Option from ICN?

Tried to use Uber's website to determine, but it wouldn't recognize the airport as a valid pickup place.

Has anyone used Uber to get the Conrad, or is the bus still a good option from the airport?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Tried to use Uber's website to determine, but it wouldn't recognize the airport as a valid pickup place.

Has anyone used Uber to get the Conrad, or is the bus still a good option from the airport?
Depends when you're getting in for the airport limo. Not sure if they have Uber black cars at the airport. Not seeing anything on the app right now. They're usually more clustered in Gangnam and south of the river than at ICN.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer

Since Uber X has been banned in Korea, Uber Black is the only one available - this will cost considerably more than a normal taxi.

There would have to be pretty compelling reasons for me not to take the limousine bus.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Depends when you're getting in for the airport limo. Not sure if they have Uber black cars at the airport. Not seeing anything on the app right now. They're usually more clustered in Gangnam and south of the river than at ICN.
Originally Posted by stargold
Since Uber X has been banned in Korea, Uber Black is the only one available - this will cost considerably more than a normal taxi.

There would have to be pretty compelling reasons for me not to take the limousine bus.
Thanks to both for your insights!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:25 pm

Exec Lounge HH?

Looks like we'll be at this property in a couple of weeks. Just curious about the EL HH hours.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
I just checked in today. I am super impressed with the hotel so far - it's my first trip to Seoul and I spent my first night at the Millennium Hilton which wasn't great so I'm very happy to be at the Conrad. The cocktail hour is 5pm-7pm. I didn't check it out tonight because I was shopping at the mall attached to the hotel. Breakfast is 7am-10:30 in the executive lounge or starting from 6:30 in the restaurant on the 2nd floor.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by manderwa
I just checked in today. I am super impressed with the hotel so far - it's my first trip to Seoul and I spent my first night at the Millennium Hilton which wasn't great so I'm very happy to be at the Conrad. The cocktail hour is 5pm-7pm. I didn't check it out tonight because I was shopping at the mall attached to the hotel. Breakfast is 7am-10:30 in the executive lounge or starting from 6:30 in the restaurant on the 2nd floor.
Make sure you catch a 4DX movie at the theater in the mall! It is awesome.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
I just checked in today. I am super impressed with the hotel so far - it's my first trip to Seoul and I spent my first night at the Millennium Hilton which wasn't great so I'm very happy to be at the Conrad.
Thanks for confirming my choice of Conrad for my upcoming stay. I'll post later this year when I get back with recent info.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:03 pm

Suite Upgrade Chances for HHDs?

Just curious on what experiences who are HHDs have had in getting Suite upgrades here?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
No suite for me. I was there for two nights in late January - one night on a cheap prepaid rate and one night on points.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's day and night between Millennium Hilton and Conrad.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
I haven't been inside either hotel, but from a sightseeing perspective I'd have to think the Millennium is better located.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atlion25
I haven't been inside either hotel, but from a sightseeing perspective I'd have to think the Millennium is better located.
Just being nearer to tourist sights but it's location up on Namsan makes walking back up a pain.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by atlion25
Just coming back from the Conrad Seoul, I found it very nice, and convenient, especially for such a large city. About 10 minute walk to the metro, but from there another 15-20 minutes to Gangnam, Itaewon, and the palaces. Love the metro.. about $1 to anywhere you want to go.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 3/15-3/16

Location: As noted, the hotel is a big far from Downtown Seoul and most of the tourist points. The neighborhood it's in is nice though, I heard it described as Korean Wall Street. It shares space with the IFC Complex and it's on top of a large shopping mall with plenty of restaurants and shops in it. It's also a 5 minute walk from the Yeouido Metro Station on the 5 and 9 lines. You can take the AREX Local Train from ICN to the second to last stop then change to the 5 line to get to the hotel. That takes about an hour. Signs point you the entire way to the hotel from the Metro.

Hotel: In a word, stunning. A massive lobby welcomes you and all the public spaces are gorgeous. A ton of natural light and high ceilings everywhere you go. The hotel is only a few years old and it seems like it just opened yesterday. I think visually it's a step above the Conrad Hong Kong.

Check In: Handled amazing. In fact, every employee at this hotel was incredibly friendly and helpful, even more so than the average service employee in South Korea which is saying a lot. They were kind enough to waive the fee for the second person staying in my room and they explained all the hotel features. They'd even set up a second bed for my friend without my asking. Two agents then followed me to the elevator and insisted on pressing the button for my floor. What a welcome.

Room: I'd paid for a corner executive suite using points and it was frankly, the best room I've ever stayed in. Huge, inviting living room, large bedroom, incredible bathroom, full closet, powder room and lots of technology and features. Welcome chocolates and a note were in the room as well.

Lounge: On the 37th Floor, it's a bit characterless but it has nice views and the food spread is okay. I went for evening drinks and they had cold cuts, fruit, cheese, vegetables, a few hot options and some okay liquor and wine. Service was great, they brought out a fresh bottle of sparkling wine for me right at closing time.

Breakfast: We breakfasted in the restaurant and it was one hell of a spread. A huge mix of western and eastern options from the cold to the hot. They had an omelet bar and a large buffet with almost anything you can think of.

I spent 70,000 points on the suite (a room was 50,000). If the location was a little better I'd have stayed here my entire trip. The Hilton is obviously a step down but closer to more things. Still, I think this might be a better hotel than the Conrad HK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.