Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Gradfly
Could you give some examples of the wear and tear?
The towels for one thing (though I know, that's not "hard product"). I also noticed that one of the panels in my room was askew. The couch was stained. Curtain had something on it (couldn't tell if a stain or defect). Seal/caulk coming loose in the shower.

Small things but noticeable that the property isn't being maintained properly.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
The towels for one thing (though I know, that's not "hard product"). I also noticed that one of the panels in my room was askew. The couch was stained. Curtain had something on it (couldn't tell if a stain or defect). Seal/caulk coming loose in the shower.

Small things but noticeable that the property isn't being maintained properly.
More like the property wasn't really built to top specs. Kind of a slapjob done.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: American Ex Plat, Avis Presidents, Hertz - Preidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Great reports everyone!!!! I am bringing my family to this Conrad in late June and we have two rooms reserved for seven nights. I have a slightly different question about airport transportation ..... We are arriving into Gimpo. What would you recommend for getting a family of 4 from the airport to the hotel. I am hoping that as a Diamond at least one of our two rooms is upgraded to a suite. This will be a special trip for my son as this will be his first time going to his birth country as he was adopted 15 years ago.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by travelingbob
Great reports everyone!!!! I am bringing my family to this Conrad in late June and we have two rooms reserved for seven nights. I have a slightly different question about airport transportation ..... We are arriving into Gimpo. What would you recommend for getting a family of 4 from the airport to the hotel. I am hoping that as a Diamond at least one of our two rooms is upgraded to a suite. This will be a special trip for my son as this will be his first time going to his birth country as he was adopted 15 years ago.
I'd say the Line 9 subway depending on how many bags you have. It's Line 9 to Yeouido all the way but I understand it can be somewhat stressful and tricky to find the correct exits. Or an airport jumbo van taxi.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by travelingbob
I took the line 9 in. They have an express train that only stops at a few (3?) stations prior to the stop for Conrad. Just be aware after you get off the train, it is still a decent walk to the hotel. You can go through the mall (underground) but I would suggest getting to the surface. Exit 3 is what you are looking for either way.

One thing to be aware of. You will want to buy a T Money card and those you can only purchase with cash. Even if you just want to pay directly for a ticket you need cash. It is hard to find an ATM that will work with US (or other foreign) debit cards. I finally found a Citi Bank ATM in the Mall at Gimpo that had one. I would bite the bullet and use the Currency Exchange.

For a large family it might make sense to just take a taxi.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Staying here at the moment for two nights as a Diamond. Arrived last evening. I had booked a King Deluxe Room and was upgraded to a room on the Executive Floor with River View. It is a very nice view; though I think the room is the same as the one I booked, just a high floor. Be warned, I just came from the Andaz Tokyo, so I think my view of luxury is a bit skewed (the Andaz is a phenomenal property).

The Good:
  • Breakfast - This morning I had the included (as a Diamond) buffet breakfast in Zest. I was told I could have it there or in the Executive Lounge. Huge selection of Asian and Western breakfast items.
  • Executive Lounge - I missed the happy hour last night so will try it tonight. The Lounge itself is on the top floor and has nice views (for now) and is a lovely space. One downside is the "No taking soda from the Lounge" signs. Really? Why not let people take a soda or two to their room?
The Bad:
  • Pool Facilities - as a guest you have access to the pool and gym; that's it. The pool is nice but essentially a lap pool. If you want to use the hot tub/steam room/sauna, it is an extra $39! This is super tacky, especially for a high end hotel. It is also a paid membership gym for non-Conrad guests and they clearly cater towards those members over hotel guests. I'm guessing they don't want the sauna area to become crowded.
  • Elevators - they are slow to come to your floor and they randomly ding, making you think that it has arrived when it hasn't. Maybe the sound is traveling from other floors but it is very odd.
  • Location - Yes, there is the mall, but otherwise there isn't much around except for offices. It's not a long subway ride into the city center, but the neighborhood has zero character.
  • Towels - Okay, maybe I am being picky, but the towels are ancient and thread bare. You would think a luxury property would invest in high end towels. The sheets are stiff and not very comfortable.
The Mediocre:
  • The Room - The room is very nice for a business hotel. But it doesn't feel over the top. Average size. Not particularly modern. I do appreciate the lighting; lots of LED backlighting throughout that gives it a more luxurious feel.
  • The Service - I would say that the service has also been good but not over the top. Very businesslike.
This is my first visit to a Conrad. I think I was expecting it to be on the level of a Park Hyatt, where really it feels like a Grand Hyatt to me.
Hmm I was considering staying here on a cash and points stay and gold status. Other alternatives I was looking at were Park Hyatt and Grand Hyatt. Now I am wondering if I should reconsider if its not going to match up.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Hmm I was considering staying here on a cash and points stay and gold status. Other alternatives I was looking at were Park Hyatt and Grand Hyatt. Now I am wondering if I should reconsider if its not going to match up.
It isn't a bad option for a hotel really. Just not a great option either. I'm not sure what the policy is for Gold elite breakfast. Here are some pics if you are interested: https://singleflyer.com/2018/04/02/conrad-seoul-review/
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:25 am

GREAT review!

what the heck is a screen golf amenity?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Both Park Hyatt and Grand Hyatt are in more desirable locations, but from my experience, the Conrad has always been cheaper to stay at. It's true that the surrounding area of the Conrad is dull but there's actually a lot of good local food to be found nearby. Pricing, service, and breakfast at Zest for golds and diamonds is what gets me to book this property whenever I'm in town. It's not a top notch Conrad, but you're also not paying top notch Conrad pricing as well. I personally feel the value proposition at this hotel is awesome.

Originally Posted by saaveraward
GREAT review!

what the heck is a screen golf amenity?
It's one of those virtual golf simulator things.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Staying here in a couple weeks for one night and sadly will have to miss the breakfast with a 9AM flight. Since I'll probably have to leave around 6, what's the best way to get to the airport at that time of morning? Are taxis plentiful at the hotel? The concierge said they'd reserve a limo for 145,000 KRW, but that seems kind of steep unless I have to. Public transit on a time crunch and that early is probably not my leading candidate. Suggestions?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:52 pm

Limo bus leaves directly from the conrad but I don't have the schedule handy.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Staying here in a couple weeks for one night and sadly will have to miss the breakfast with a 9AM flight. Since I'll probably have to leave around 6, what's the best way to get to the airport at that time of morning? Are taxis plentiful at the hotel? The concierge said they'd reserve a limo for 145,000 KRW, but that seems kind of steep unless I have to. Public transit on a time crunch and that early is probably not my leading candidate. Suggestions?
Not sure about train/limo bus schedules as I've only taken taxis to and from the airports, but I've never had trouble getting a taxi. Probably best to let them know you'll be needing one early just in case, and at that hour it should cost $40 to $60. Pity you'll be missing the awesome breakfast at Zest!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:23 am

There will be airport limousine buses departing very early in time for a 9am flight - no problems.

Any taxi will be happy to take you to ICN but make sure they use the meter.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks everyone!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
This Conrad Seoul used to be a better value when they had fixed C+P rates. Depending on the low/high season, variable C+P may still be decent. I don't know if HH Gold will automatically get lounge access. There are reports of many Conrads in Asia limiting lounge access to Diamond only, unless you were upgraded to the Executive Floor as a Gold.

Location wise, staying at Conrad Seoul is not too bad considering that you have easy access to the subway and taxi ride to the city center will only cost $10-$15 one way. If you are there for business, it is right there in the financial district of Seoul. There is a nice "Central Park" like green reserve within a few minutes walk from the hotel and the walk along the river can be quite nice, with river cruises departing regularly.

Park Hyatt is in a different area of the city and is a good choice for those who need to be near the COEX business area, but further away from downtown than Conrad IME.

If you want to stay near the city center, the Grand Hyatt, Millenium Hilton, Westin Chosun and The Plaza Seoul are probably more convenient, although access to the subway is not very convenient from the GH or Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.