Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by rosetyler
@Need
the wait at the Zest is long because it's crowded?

thanks for the tip on the breakfast cost!
Yes, but I was there on some sort of Korean holidays. The hotel was packed. I think someone told us that even local people would come to Zest for their buffet breakfast on the weekend. I think if you go really early it may be less crowded.

The hotel is on top of the mall. And the mall has a food court with lots of offerings. You could just go there for breakfast instead of you are not getting free or included breakfast.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by jefftiger
I had a completely different (and very favorable) experience at this hotel. I don't agree with many of the observations that you made in your tripadvisor review. I would certainly book there again when I next visit Seoul.
No one is stopping you.

That's the point of these sites, anyone can divulge their personal experience and express their opinions freely.

Interesting that the next reviewer after me in Tripadvisor actually said, "I stay[ed] almost once a month [at Conrad Seoul], and I am more likely to receive a lecture on rules (vs. asking how they can help me)."
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Well, I posted a review of my recent stay on Tripadvisor:
https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowU...oul-Seoul.html

That should get you seething as a Diamond member!
Thanks for the link. Having just left my beloved Conrad HK yesterday, I would be shocked by some of these things. Hopefully things will have improved before my trip to Seoul in a few months.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:21 pm

Smile good to know

Originally Posted by Need
someone told us that even local people would come to Zest for their buffet breakfast on the weekend. I think if you go really early it may be less crowded.

The hotel is on top of the mall. And the mall has a food court with lots of offerings. You could just go there for breakfast instead of you are not getting free or included breakfast.
thanks for the tip! much appreciated!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
The suites are nice, but be aware there are non-executive suites too. Non-executive suites do not grant lounge access.

On another note, does this hotel just not upgrade golds? When I asked about lounge access, I was offered to upgrade for $65, but no gold upgrade.

I think I'm starting to find this is a disappearing benefit, despite being on paper.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
The good and the bad.

Loving the location, it is connected to an international shopping centre with a metro station. Easy to get anywhere. Walking along the river is nice too. The weekend is quite happening long the river.

Great (standard size) room with a river view. The room is modern and very nice.

The lounge offering is amazing, except they serve a cava for sparkling wine. I did tell them that was not my thing as feedback, no expectations. 10 minutes later they pro-actively brought me a glass from the restaurant, a better cava.. not bad, and very great service.. still not the best bubbles I had

Overall the lounge staff was great, what an amazing helpful team.

The food in the lounge at cocktail hour I can best describe as a full 2 hour buffet.. lasagna, pork, chicken, cakes, one of the best I have seen.

No afternoon tea, which is a shame. (I like sweet stuff).

The breakfast at the restaurant, very mediocre to be nice.... Arrived 45 minutes for closing, hard to get plates, no bowls with the cornflakes, milk was running out, fruit juices were running out and not refilled, eggs took 15 minutes. Tea tasted like coffee.. limited service staff to help.. not a great experience. For breakfast the Hilton in Seoul was much better.

No Conrad bear or rubber duck in the room.

All in all, a mixed bag but a great stay.

Globalist
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Conrad vs GH vs PH

Considering a 5-night stay in March and wondering whether we would be happier at the Conrad than at either the Grand Hyatt or the Park Hyatt. Purely a tourist say, and it would be our first time in Seoul (just a few overnights at GH ICN). None of the 3 seems ideal for seeing the tourists sights, but we would prefer to be a bit out of the way and take subways than to be closer but have to take taxis.

March will mark the end of HH Dia for me (matched from GP Dia), which is one reason why I'm leaning toward the Conrad, and it is only a slightly higher rate than the GH for a much larger and much more modern room. But then, next year will also be my last as GP Dia, and the PH is not so expensive that it needs to be ruled out, and the rooms seem stunning.

Right now, I thinking of the Conrad as my first choice, which is why I'm posting here. Any thoughts that might give me some direction in deciding would be appreciated.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 2:35 am

I think Conrad is overall the best choice. It's by no means perfect, but GH is just not worthwhile unless you use a DSU. Amazingly small room and the bathroom size is even more laughable. PH is really not well located for tourists, even though it is a lovely property otherwise.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:23 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Personally lounge access is worth quite a bit of money. HH Diamond gets you lounge access at Conrad, while PH does not have a lounge. The price difference between the two properties is generally not much, in fact far less than the value of lounge access. So it's Conrad for me by a decent margin.

GH rooms are small as mentioned, so I usually do not even consider it a viable option relative to Conrad.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
I would discount the GH. The location is not the best IMHO and last time I was there, you definitely had to take a taxi if you didn't want to walk up the hill. Not sure if that has changed though.

Conrad and PH are roughly the same as far as accessibility. Both are accessible from subway stations. PH gets the slight bump over the Conrad in that regard since its on top of a Line 2 subway station. Line 2 is the line that wraps around Seoul and you can transfer to just about any other line. Conrad is a bit more involved with you having to go through a mall but its pretty easy. Nearest station is Yeouido station, which is Line 5 & 9. Using the subway from the Conrad involves more transfers. One good thing about the Conrad is that going from/to the airport via limobus is much easier compared to the other two. You won't hit the traffic further inside Seoul.

For accomodations, I can't speak for the GH or the PH. The room (exec floor river view double bed) I had in the Conrad was towards the larger end. I comfortably had enough room for four people. The lounge is the biggest one I've experienced within the Hilton portfolio and has a great of view of the Han River. In addition their EL staff was really great. If you decide on the Conrad, ask for an upgrade to a river view room. Also if your stay falls over a weekend, be aware that a lot of locals like to do staycations here and it gets busy in the main areas.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thanks for the comments. I guess I'll go with Conrad then if we can pull off the trip in March (I hope my understanding that status in HH lasts until the end of March).

Am I correct in assuming that Gimpo would be more convenient than ICN? There are flights to both from Osaka.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Am I correct in assuming that Gimpo would be more convenient than ICN? There are flights to both from Osaka.
Absolutely.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Got a good rate of 175,000 won per night through the flash sale. Will be reaching the hotel around 8am.prob too early to check in. Is there a place to shower?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by kt85
Got a good rate of 175,000 won per night through the flash sale. Will be reaching the hotel around 8am.prob too early to check in. Is there a place to shower?
They have a pool and I think I remember seeing shower rooms there. You do need to be a guest to enter the pool floor though.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kt85
Several years ago, I was able to check in before 8 AM. But, I communicated with the hotel about my early arrival. I requested an early check in, "if possible". They accommodated me at the time. I was a Diamond member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.