Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:22 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Impressive TR, well done!
escape4 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by escape4
Indeed, suitcase cover marked Conrad Seoul would be a nice enough gift, with my initials on it, icing on the cake! ^
I like it too, but where is the plushie? You can't leave a Conrad without one of those!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:01 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I like it too, but where is the plushie? You can't leave a Conrad without one of those!
Unfortunately, it's no longer free. In our stay prior to this most recent one, we thought they forgot about the bear so we asked. They said it was available for purchase but that they would give one to us complimentary for that one stay. For our return this month, given the gift of the suitcase cover we did not ask about the bear!
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Unfortunately, it's no longer free. In our stay prior to this most recent one, we thought they forgot about the bear so we asked. They said it was available for purchase but that they would give one to us complimentary for that one stay. For our return this month, given the gift of the suitcase cover we did not ask about the bear!
A Conrad charging for bears? Absolutely beyond the pale! Makes me glad I chose Millennium Seoul over this for my next stay
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I got bear for free a few weeks ago just by mentioning. Embroidered luggage cover waiting for me in my room at arrival.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, UA 1K, AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
We completed a stay a few weeks ago - I had to ask in the lounge about a bear & they brought me one after telling me they had to see if they had any left. Ironically, the sweets they left in our room cost as much as a bear in the gift shop, i personally would rather have the bear.
im surprised by all the acclaim for this property - it was nice but thats all. we stayed after a 10-night stay at the conrad tokyo and the service & amenities paled in comparison. Yes the lounge is bigger at the conrad seoul, but it was overcrowded, had low-end food options, ran out of items and the service was impersonal.
this is the 8th conrad we have stayed at and the most basic - everything is nice, but nothing extraordinary. we were upgraded as Diamonds, the dyson hairdryer is a nice touch, but who wants to dry their hair at the same table where we had coffee?
the staff were helpful...no complaints but the same as any 4* hotel in a major city. TBH i will try the millenium hilton next time before i head back to the conrad...
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by tinkerbell78
We completed a stay a few weeks ago
im surprised by all the acclaim for this property - it was nice but thats all. we stayed after a 10-night stay at the conrad tokyo and the service & amenities paled in comparison. Yes the lounge is bigger at the conrad seoul, but it was overcrowded, had low-end food options, ran out of items and the service was impersonal.
TBH i will try the millenium hilton next time before i head back to the conrad...
I would not call scallops during happy hour in the Conrad Seoul lounge to be "low-end food options".

The lounge in Tokyo is so small that it becomes overcrowded quicker than in Seoul in my experience, but as I mentioned for Seoul there is a big difference if you go during week nights (not too bad) or weekends (very full) so I agree it's not necessarily one-sided.

Conrad Tokyo is nice too, but we should compare with the local competition when making such an assessment. In Tokyo, Park Hyatt is far superior to Conrad, and I would rather try Andaz before returning to Conrad (and try Prince Gallery Luxury Collection too). It's the complete opposite in Seoul: I have no reason to try PH based on reviews, I very modest desire to try Andaz, and the Marriott options are uninspiring. So I am a return guest in Conrad Seoul because it's better than the competition, but not in Tokyo.

I would welcome your comparison Millenium Hilton vs Conrad in Seoul, but in general a Hilton does not top a Conrad except perhaps better value for the money if the price difference is material, which I rarely find it to be in Seoul.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
this is the 8th conrad we have stayed at and the most basic - everything is nice, but nothing extraordinary.
I had the opposite experience.

Was at the Conrad in BOTH Tokyo and Osaka, and was disppointed in BOTH of them compared to Seoul. Crazy high prices of 60,000 JPY to 90,000 JPY for 1 night in lowest category rooms in both hotels. For that price you expect near perfection but got far from it. Breakfast choices at both Tokyo and Osaka very disppointing for an asian hotel. No evening turn-down service in Tokyo. All front desk stations empty when I checked out in Osaka. Lounge food replacement took more than 20 minutes in Osaka. No significant upgrade in either hotel despite being Diamond. Early check-in always a problem at both hotels. Had to fight for late check-out in Osaka.

Have stayed at Conrad Seoul 3 times now and gets better every time. Upgrades to large river view rooms on high floors always offered without asking. Early check-in/late check-out never a problem. The breakfast is one of the biggest and best I have ever had in asia. Never had any service hiccups or problems. The lounge is bigger and more comfortable than both in Japan. Best of all, the Conrad in Seoul doesn't charge the insane prices the Japanese do.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jan 26, 2020 at 5:06 am
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:40 am

We completed a stay a few weeks ago - I had to ask in the lounge about a bear & they brought me one after telling me they had to see if they had any left. Ironically, the sweets they left in our room cost as much as a bear in the gift shop, i personally would rather have the bear.
this is the 8th conrad we have stayed at and the most basic - everything is nice, but nothing extraordinary. we were upgraded as Diamonds, the dyson hairdryer is a nice touch, but who wants to dry their hair at the same table where we had coffee?
the staff were helpful...no complaints but the same as any 4* hotel in a major city. TBH i will try the millenium hilton next time before i head back to the conrad...
i stayed at both the conrad and millenium in may and all your complaints about the conrad times it by 5 and you get the millenium. I was turned away 3 times from the lounge for being to full and when i finally got into the lounge they served cocktail weenies and corn chips. the rooms are also started to get super dated
escape4 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Booked my first stay in October. Excited to visit and thank everyone for your feedback/notes/pics to date.
kirkwoodj and escape4 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Any recent stays here during COVID?
If you have access to the EL as a diamond or being in a Suite have you had any trouble bringing in your children (over 12) as well?

Any recent comparisons to Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Andaz (am Glob.), or even the new Fairmont?
Old Mar 27, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Braswch
Any recent stays here during COVID?
If you have access to the EL as a diamond or being in a Suite have you had any trouble bringing in your children (over 12) as well?

Any recent comparisons to Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Andaz (am Glob.), or even the new Fairmont?
I stayed at the Fairmont on opening day. Obviously, they need to get some things ironed in terms of the service out but I actually like the room/bathroom of the Conrad better. The Fairmont was quite disappointing in that regard. The Fairmont Gold offerings are more extensive and higher quality than at the Conrad Executive Lounge.

If I didn't have a reason to be in Yeouido, I would stay at the Park Hyatt over the Conrad especially as a Globalist. They don't have a lounge but they do still have their Globalist happy hour and I do think the breakfast and the hard product at the Park Hyatt is better than the Conrad.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by suitelucia
I would stay at the Park Hyatt over the Conrad especially as a Globalist. They don't have a lounge but they do still have their Globalist happy hour and I do think the breakfast and the hard product at the Park Hyatt is better than the Conrad.
Interesting to hear considering that the breakfast and the hard product at Conrad are already quite nice to begin with. I previously read some less than glowing comments in the Park Hyatt thread which is why I always returned to Conrad as Hilton Diamond rather than try Park Hyatt as Globalist. Perhaps I should give PH a try at some point.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 4:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, OZ Diamond
Interesting to hear considering that the breakfast and the hard product at Conrad are already quite nice to begin with. I previously read some less than glowing comments in the Park Hyatt thread which is why I always returned to Conrad as Hilton Diamond rather than try Park Hyatt as Globalist. Perhaps I should give PH a try at some point.
Yes, after giving it more thought, I would agree with you that the Conrad hard product is nice and on second thought, I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I was expecting the Fairmont to be the new go to in Yeouido but I definitely prefer the room at the Conrad.

I might be biased because I feel Hyatt Globalists are treated better with upgrades to standard suite if available and guaranteed late checkout. At the Park Hyatt, I've had a Park Suite every stay but one so that's the basis for my opinion. On the other hand, I've only been in the corner suite in the Conrad once and the rest of the time, I've been in a river view room. So it could be an apples to oranges comparison that I'm making. If you are Globalist and haven't tried the Park Hyatt, I would definitely check it out and see for yourself.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by suitelucia
Yes, after giving it more thought, I would agree with you that the Conrad hard product is nice and on second thought, I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I was expecting the Fairmont to be the new go to in Yeouido but I definitely prefer the room at the Conrad.

I might be biased because I feel Hyatt Globalists are treated better with upgrades to standard suite if available and guaranteed late checkout. At the Park Hyatt, I've had a Park Suite every stay but one so that's the basis for my opinion. On the other hand, I've only been in the corner suite in the Conrad once and the rest of the time, I've been in a river view room. So it could be an apples to oranges comparison that I'm making. If you are Globalist and haven't tried the Park Hyatt, I would definitely check it out and see for yourself.
Suite upgrades are often what makes Hyatt a good choice in many situations, and give an edge over Conrad. However I have often booked a suite at Conrad outright, as they sometimes heavily discount their prices such that it was almost cheaper to book a suite at Conrad than the entry level rooms at PH which made the upgrade situation irrelevant. And when I booked entry level room at Conrad, I was lucky enough to get the suite upgrade in the past but I agree that in the long run suite upgrade success would be higher at PH than Conrad.

Given your disappointment at Fairmont I will probably try it for only one night to tack on with a longer stay at Conrad. Hotel hopping will be easy there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.