Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2023, 11:33 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
How is the location to explore the city?
well check it on the map. there is not much touristy stuff around the hotel, but it is linked to 2 metro lines from the mall below the conrad - you'll be at the royal palace in 20 min metro ride, in gangnam also around 20-25 minutes. but you walk around 10 minutes underground to the metro stop. so add that to your travel time.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:15 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
What an impressive spread for afternoon tea in the lounge - not!

Old Dec 17, 2023, 1:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Well.... admittedly afternoon tea is not the strength of this Conrad. But hopefully you will post a more complete review later because this hotel has many strong points which more than offset afternoon tea. After staying at Park Hyatt Seoul earlier this year for a change in scenery, I can confirm that Conrad beats the snot out of PH. I also tried Fairmont which is a better match with Conrad, and Conrad can hold its own versus Fairmont.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 2:55 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
Well.... admittedly afternoon tea is not the strength of this Conrad. But hopefully you will post a more complete review later because this hotel has many strong points which more than offset afternoon tea. After staying at Park Hyatt Seoul earlier this year for a change in scenery, I can confirm that Conrad beats the snot out of PH. I also tried Fairmont which is a better match with Conrad, and Conrad can hold its own versus Fairmont.
Yes, admittedly, I have been in a bad mood today, and while I had to sit by the credit card machine as there were no tables, the evening service desserts tonight were quite good.

Full review tomorrow.

Old Dec 18, 2023, 5:03 pm

Apologies as I’m a day behind - I ultimately warmed up to the Conrad as my stay progressed. It’s definitely not perfect and has some significant wear and “cheap” choices - it looks good from afar as long as you don’t zoom in. Here are my impressions:
  • Upgraded to an Executive River View on the 35th floor from a base room points booking - I didn’t expect a suite or ask for one - they did at least push me towards the side not blocked by Parc1
  • From afar and in aggregate, the room looks quite nice, especially in the bathroom - get too close, and you’ll notice a lot of skuffs, broken sealant, missing caulk, torn finish on bed frame, etc.
  • Bed had a fantastic plush mattress (very obvious topper) and plush pillows - but the covers were too thin - I asked for a second duvet and was told they didn’t have any and they brought up a scratchy and threadbare blanket that I didn’t use because it freaked me out
  • Shower pressure is fantastic, especially from the wand - but the high pressure meant the wand would move and readjust while in its somewhat loose holder
  • Delivered some truly tasty chocolates as a welcome gift - very nice
  • Turndown attendant was very smiley and left some good night tea
  • Towels looked small but really weren’t
  • Shake Shack coming to IFC Mall right outside the Conrad entrance - still under construction - connected to Hyundai and IFC underground
  • Lounge was chaotic - no one checking at evening service, so you could just walk in (public floor without keycard access) - evening service desserts did taste good, no tables, afternoon tea on a Sunday was laughable (lounge sheet mentioned weekday afternoon tea, so maybe it gets better)
  • Breakfast at the restaurant was good - tasty omelets, good hashbrowns, brought some honey cakes, pancakes and waffles were good, offered Diamond orange juice (not sure what that means, but it was good)

I don’t know if I would return due to the thin bed covers.

Photos:

Old Dec 26, 2023, 5:55 am

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)
currently on night 2 of a 5 night stay at the moment. Stayed here back in Jan 2020 and liked it so thought I'd give it another go.

bed is wonderful

however, the shower in my room is a disaster. the door doesn't seal properly so the first night the bathroom flooded with the rain shower. Told that engineering looked at it today, showered, again, and surprise surprise, another flood from the rain shower (but slightly better)

now asking to move rooms. 45 minutes so far to get new room ready ("testing the draining - doesn't seem to get it's a hardware shower door problem). let's see how room move goes, if issue persist I think there will be a conversation with the front desk manager tomorrow. Shouldn't require this much effort to deal with a flooded bathroom in a Conrad property
Old Dec 27, 2023, 6:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
The staff used to bring a tray full of tasty bits by request during the afternoon tea time. They aren't doing that any more? Did they give any explanation?
What is in the picture looks just like the default all day snacks. The afternoon tea if still indeed even advertised should be the tray service.

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast

Old Dec 28, 2023, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
@ElevatorEnthusiast thanks for detailed photos of the current view. I didn't stay since 2018 and was wondering what happened with the views afer construction of these new buildings.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by LassiJ
The staff used to bring a tray full of tasty bits by request during the afternoon tea time. They aren't doing that any more? Did they give any explanation?
What is in the picture looks just like the default all day snacks. The afternoon tea if still indeed even advertised should be the tray service.
This was a Sunday afternoon, and the lounge sheet mentioned weekday afternoon tea, but I didn't know if they meant weekday as in Sunday-Thursday due to Friday and Saturday night families. Guess they didn't.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Any idea why Sept 30, 2024 is the last bookable date? All of Oct, November and December 2024 are showing as sold out. Same for 2025

Conrad Seoul availability Sept 2024

Conrad Seoul availability Oct 2024
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Too far in advance.
ChevyCruze likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by ChevyCruze
Any idea why Sept 30, 2024 is the last bookable date? All of Oct, November and December 2024 are showing as sold out. Same for 2025
Def too far when we checked last month for Nov and no go. I just booked a free night with our Hilton Cert for a room for November this year so it's opened now. I actually called the Diamond desk and asked. They said that the South Korea Conrad doesn't have their dates further in advance whereas when we booked the Osaka Conrad a few months back for November, it allowed us to.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Anh Nguyen
Def too far when we checked last month for Nov and no go. I just booked a free night with our Hilton Cert for a room for November this year so it's opened now. I actually called the Diamond desk and asked. They said that the South Korea Conrad doesn't have their dates further in advance whereas when we booked the Osaka Conrad a few months back for November, it allowed us to.
1} South Korea Conrad? Not the Seoul Conrad?
2) I had no idea North Korea also has a Conrad (implied)
Old Mar 7, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
September is still a mess, especially for any stays of 5 nights or more (at least of the last time I checked yesterday).
Old Mar 10, 2024, 1:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by Abidjan
September is still a mess, especially for any stays of 5 nights or more (at least of the last time I checked yesterday).
Remember that Conrad Seoul has a 3 for 2 offer under Impressario and I would do 6 nights otherwise you lose out on your free night!

I stayed here in November 2023 and have a detailed hotel review on my website. I might add it on Flyertalk as some of the reviews are much older.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.