Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Arrow Conrad Seoul {KOR}

I've heard that a Conrad in Seoul is supposed to open this year, but cannot find anything about it on the Conrad website. I can do a google search and see pictures of it being built, but can find no information about when it's going to open.

I will be in Seoul in late October and wondered if it will be open.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See:
http://www.conradglobalmediacenter.c....cfm/page/5010
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Thanks for the link - no date given and not showing up when I try to book a reservation.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 1:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yet another delayed completion for a Hilton property - no big deal, unless you care planning to stay there; we've come to expect them and are pleasantly surprised when a property opens on time. In fairness, it's not just Hilton - hotel chains seem unbelievably optimistic about opening dates for new properties.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Looks like this is south of the river- ? If so ^
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Any updates? I want to book a stay here for September and hoping it will be open by THEN!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You know as much as we do, though using Google does reveal (Nov 2011).

A GM has been appointed - might want to try e-mail: "Nils-Arne Schroeder has been appointed as General Manager of the Conrad Seoul..." ..."Director of Sales & Marketing for Hilton Seoul from 1999 to 2001, and General Manager of Hilton Namhae Golf & Spa Resort from 2006 to 2007. In between these roles, he was the Director of Business Development for Hilton Beijing, followed by Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Schroeder was most recently the General Manager of Hilton Beijing Wangfujing."

and "Located in the International Financial Centre Seoul (IFC) in Yeouido, Seoul, the hotel is scheduled to open in 2012" are a couple if interesting bits, but no specific date I could find.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:09 pm

The Conrad Seoul now has its own webpage, indicating a planned opening on 12/31/2012.

Most links are not working yet, but the gallery shows a geometric, monochromatic theme that looks more pseudo-Scandinavian than Korean to me, and neither Volvo nor Ikea, though worthy, are icons of luxury.

I would have hoped for something along the lines of the Conrad Tokyo, with its subtle Japanese touches such as the little 3-D bird on the sakura-patterned wall, the Conrad Bangkok with its contrasting local teak and silks, or even the Park Hyatt Seoul which somewhat reflects current trends in upscale Seoul apartments. Blonde wood veneer is certainly not a feature of Korean architecture or furniture.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:03 pm

The Conrad Seoul is now accepting reservations for arrival after 12/15/2012.

For award stays it is a Cat.7 property at 50K/night, not too surprising given the expected leap in quality over the Cat.5 Hiltons.
Paid rates appear ~50% higher than the Millenium Hilton's.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Its location in the financial district of yeouido should be attractive for business travellers, though not the best location for leisure travellers.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Walked by it the other day and it still has some inside work going on in it with the driveway blocked off to traffic. They definately will need that time up to December to finish it offf.

Agree that this is pretty much a business location. It is close to the river and parks, so lots of great walking but not much around there for tourism. You will need to be walking to the Metro a lot and heading out from there. Unless the amenities come out substantially better than the Millennium, then I would recommend staying at the Millennium for tourism.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:43 pm

Conrad Seoul is now set to open Nov. 12th for reservations. I'm considering booking this for 3 nights, but is wary of construction or non-functional hotel facilities. Any locals or insiders know about this one?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Looks like this is south of the river- ? If so ^
Gangnam style!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I just booked for three nights in mid December. In spite of what people say about not being for tourists, the website says it's right next to a metro station ^^ and a shopping mall (which I assume is open): http://www.ifcmallseoul.com/eng/jsp/store/mallMap.do

The Hilton Grand has a great rate for points + cash but tripadvisor makes it sound especially awful; the Millenium Hilton seems better but for 30k KRW difference, I'd like to try a brand new Conrad.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Conrad Seoul: Now Open

Nice write up from Business Traveler: http://www.businesstraveller.com/asi...ad-seoul-opens

Looking to stay at this property early next year, it looks like a great addition to HHonors and the Conrad brand. As great as the Park Hyatt Seoul is I think I'm going to give this a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.