Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
We're here at present for an all-too-short 1-night stay on our way home from Australia to US. Check-in was excellent and the front desk agent gave us a very late check-out time to accommodate our evening return flight to the US. This was much appreciated. As far as staff interaction, I had an excellent conversation with this agent. I think that she was impressed (or more probably amused) that I knew that the 2013 Korean drama, Shark, had many scenes filmed in the impressive lobby of this hotel (I'm a fan of Son Ye-Jin, but that's another story!).

We were upgraded on this awards stay to an executive river view room. Regrettably, the air quality today in Seoul is poor, so views across the Han River are not optimal. I see that some construction is taking place right in front of the river view side of the hotel. Hopefully, these will be low-rise buildings for the most part and will not obscure the view of the Han River.

We had breakfast in the Executive Lounge, with a very nice choice. We had also been invited to eat breakfast at Zest, but we opted for the quieter option. Overall, this has been a first-class stay (as has been the case with all of our stays at Conrads in Asia).

Last edited by jefftiger; Jul 12, 2016 at 6:47 am
Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:21 pm

Stayed here twice in the past few months as a Diamond.

Both times upgraded to a river view executive room. Asked about any suite availability and was told I could upgrade for around $80 a night.

You can have breakfast at both Zest and the lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Deleted - accidental post.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
for those who cares, I was given a Conrad bear in July!! with a letter thank me for returning.
I didn't get one on my last 3 stays in the past 2 years. in the past, I also specifically asked for the bear, but they said it ran out, but available for sale
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:54 am

No bear for me in my stay this week. From what I was told they never upgrade diamonds to a suite unless you pay a supplement.

When I arrived there was a considerable queue at the lobby check in, so I asked if I could check in at the lounge instead as Diamond. Seems the doorman has no clue and had to call someone to check, only then was I accompanied up to the 37th floor to check in.

Not a Conrad that I'm clamouring to return.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
No bear for me in my stay this week. From what I was told they never upgrade diamonds to a suite unless you pay a supplement.

When I arrived there was a considerable queue at the lobby check in, so I asked if I could check in at the lounge instead as Diamond. Seems the doorman has no clue and had to call someone to check, only then was I accompanied up to the 37th floor to check in.

Not a Conrad that I'm clamouring to return.
And that sums up what is wrong with the HH program and even the brand consistency.

Yes it is a first world problem that a bear is not in the room. But it is a branding thing for Conrad hotels. A marketing gimmick that does work like cookies at doubletree. I personally collect these bears so if I choose to stay at a Conrad and don't get this, I would be disappointed. Similar to a doubletree stay when cookies where not given, it was a warning that other processes where also not followed. From that point it is usually just one of many things that are wrong in that property.

Telling any guest, and a diamond member, No bear, but available for sale.. That is just offensive to their top elite customers. And yes we do get easily offended by stupidity.

No suite upgrades when available but available for money is the same but more common across the brands.

No understanding of diamond benefits across the customer facing staff is adding to that.

It seems quite a lot of work to be done here to get this property to behave like a proper Conrad.

I am going to be in Seoul in October, if the reviews are not getting better I will stay at the Intercontinental instead.

Globalist
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Globalist
It seems quite a lot of work to be done here to get this property to behave like a proper Conrad.

I am going to be in Seoul in October, if the reviews are not getting better I will stay at the Intercontinental instead.
Well, I posted a review of my recent stay on Tripadvisor:
https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowU...oul-Seoul.html

That should get you seething as a Diamond member!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat

I was in the Yeouido area of Seoul a couple of days ago with a couple of friends and two of their children. We thought we would drop into a bar at the Conrad, but were turned away for having children. Asked again whether they could make an exception for a Diamond member, they refused.

I agree with your comments.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold

It saves me some annoyance. I will avoid this hotel like the plague based on all these reviews.

I dropped a pm to Lauren to point attention to this tread. I sincerely believe the GM needs a bollocking and sent back to school.

Globalist
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Disappointing to here the negativity about recent stays. I loved my only stay about 18 months ago. Got nights booked here for December but will changing if changes are not made. I choose Conrads where available as a 'genuine' diamond as I know I am going to be treated well. Let's hope I'm not off to the Millennium in December. Come on the GM!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:33 pm

Question Thinking of booking a room, not sure which one

I've never stayed at hilton or conrad before, also don't have any HHonors membership,
I plan to book Conrad Seoul for one night on a Saturday in early September, probably from hotels.com cos I got a reward discount from previous stay.

My questions:

1. what are the differences between premium and executive room?
the description looks the same, so I google search to see the difference and it seems like executive room has better view or on a different floor maybe?
Is it just free breakfast at the lounge that is included?

2. I've heard about executive lounge access for some members,
if I'm not a member and not staying on executive floor,
there should be a regular restaurant that isnt an executive lounge where we can eat in right?
If so, what's the difference between these commoners restaurant and the executive lounge?

3. Does the corner suite offer way better view than regular room?
We only staying for one night and willing to pay extra if the experience in a corner suite is much better than in regular room, especially with the discount from hotels.com rewards.

4. Is it better to prepay for breakfast from hotels.com?
it seems like it cost about US$50 more for the room, and there's two of us
I wonder if it made no difference if we pay it when we're there

Would love to hear some tips from expert travelers out there
thank you

Last edited by rosetyler; Jul 25, 2016 at 2:34 pm Reason: saying thank you
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:07 pm

I had a completely different (and very favorable) experience at this hotel. I don't agree with many of the observations that you made in your tripadvisor review. I would certainly book there again when I next visit Seoul.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rosetyler
I've never stayed at hilton or conrad before, also don't have any HHonors membership,
I plan to book Conrad Seoul for one night on a Saturday in early September, probably from hotels.com cos I got a reward discount from previous stay.

My questions:

the description looks the same, so I google search to see the difference and it seems like executive room has better view or on a different floor maybe?

Executive Rooms grant access to the Exec Lounge

there should be a regular restaurant that isnt an executive lounge where we can eat in right?
If so, what's the difference between these commoners restaurant and the executive lounge?

Exec Lounge is available for the top tier members, HHonors Diamonds and those who book the above mentioned rooms. There are regular restaurants of course, but for those with access to the lounge, the food and drinks are free/included in the lounge.

We only staying for one night and willing to pay extra if the experience in a corner suite is much better than in regular room, especially with the discount from hotels.com rewards.

Not a better view per se, but much more room.

Have no idea..

thank you
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by rosetyler

My questions:

Higher floor and executive lounge access

The Zest restaurant actually has better food than the executive lounge here but the wait could be long. Executive lounge you just walk, sit yourself, and eat breakfast. Our Zest wait time was from 15 min to 40 min.

We got a corner room and it has 2 huge windows and really good 180 degree view of both the river and the rest of the city.

I paid for meal for my niece visiting us at the Zest restaurant and I think it was around $25 to $30 US. The breakfast was really really good at Zest though. I would say it is one of the best breakfast I had at any Conrad or Hilton. But again, the wait could be long.

thank you
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:40 am

Question the wait at the Zest is long?

@Need
the wait at the Zest is long because it's crowded?

thanks for the tip on the breakfast cost!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.