Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Hmm, wouldn't that be contradicting their loyalty program? Maybe we can boycott the place.
Main reason for this is there are too many gold members.. I guess golds are far more than blue members due to free gold.. Particularly in Korea.. Same thing happens in JW Marriott and Renaissance Seoul.. Don't expect too much...
Old Jun 7, 2013, 5:39 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by opusone
well, thats not true based on my experience. i stayed at the conrad hkg (deluxe to junior suite) and conrad sin (deluxe to executive floor). thus im interested in finding out about the conrad seoul. i understand that it is based on availability and its really not fair comparing one property to another on different dates, etc.
They're not willing to upgrade HH gold even though they have availability. They kind of limit the gold benefit to breakfast and one category upgrade excluding executive lounge access. So, the best bet is getting premium view room when you deluxe (lowest) room.

Since executive room (executive lounge access) is same as normal room, there is no point to oppose their upgrade scheme.

Same thing happens to Conrad Tokyo and Conrad Bali (Bali was generous for lougne access in 2009, but not now..)

IME, Conrad HK was only OK to give lounge access to Gold..

This is mainly due to tons of gold members who obtained their tier free..
Old Jun 10, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: OZ, AA, Hyatt, Marriott, SPG
No upgrade to EF. Comped breakfast for 3rd guest in room. Received a corner room.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was upgraded as Gold to Exec Floor with lounge access when I was there last December.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
Thumbs down No Standard Room Redemption Availability

Does not seem to have a single standard room redemption availability for any date even for a year out
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by ultrasoul
Does not seem to have a single standard room redemption availability for any date even for a year out
I just booked four nights at the Conrad Seoul for November. I saw plenty of availability in October/November.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: Everyone!
Yep, I also saw inventory for Feb-Mar 2014
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ultrasoul
I see plenty of rooms available using points. Are you logged in and don't have enough points?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 9.9MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Stayed here for 4 weeks in March, and, as everyone commented, the lounge is very nice and the staff very helpful.

However, still a lot of technology issues to work out, as far as I am concerned:

1. I would set the room temperature to 18 degrees for the night. A handful of times during my stay I would wake up warm in the middle of the night, as the system would set itself up to 25 degrees.

2. Lights would come on at random. I eventually had to sleep with an eye mask, as the hallway entry light would come on approximately every other night. As this light is motion activated upon entry to the room, made me very jumpy the first time it happened.

3. Had an issue where the AppleTV and Samsung television did not get along, in that the AppleTV would cause the television to power down, even if the AppleTV were off. They completely disconnected the AppleTV to solve this.

4. Learned pretty quickly to leave the toilet well enough alone, it has too many controls for the mere human.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:41 pm

If I booked a suite from expedia as a gold. Will I be able to dine at the restaurant at least for free? or maybe get EL access if I am lucky?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UA Gold
I stayed at the Conrad Seoul last month. I was upgraded to 30th floor w/executive lounge access and given a late checkout as HH Gold. Choice of free brekkie either in the lounge or 2nd floor Zest restaurant (took it in the restaurant as choices were better as recommended by check in desk).

Staff/service was amazing everywhere.

Very high tech hotel. Everything worked. Only hiccup was the Apple TV rebooting once on me.

No free bear--they do have them in the gift shop. Rubber Ducky @ tub.

The hotel is connected to a pretty big mall with its own subway station. A bit of a hike through the mall to the station but convenient/easy (even with baggage) to get to the commuter AREX train to the airport or anywhere else in Seoul from there.

A very nice end to the trip to South Korea. Thanks Conrad Seoul!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
Just checked in and was upgraded to executive floor with lounge access as a HH Gold...on a points stay no less

Initial impressions are this property blows the Conrad Singapore and Conrad Hong Kong away, better room, impeccable staff and the lounge is simply spectacular, on par with a Ritz-Carlton. I'd immediately put this in the top 2 or 3 Hiltons I've ever stayed at, can't wait to explore the hotel more over the next few days.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Hi, we will be in Seoul for 2 nights at the end of August, would you recommend the Hotel also for a tourist stay?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Address in Korean for taxi driver

Could someone post this hotel's address in Korean for me please?
I have asked the hotel in an email, but so far has not received a reply yet.

Thanks,
Old Aug 6, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by geclub1
could someone post this hotel's address in korean for me please?
I have asked the hotel in an email, but so far has not received a reply yet.

Thanks,
23-1 여의도동 영등포구, 150-945

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.