Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Try again, or call. I see lots of standard room availability at Hilton London Gatwick.
maybe its the party size thats causing the issues. 2 adults 2 kids for one of the family rooms. supposed to be 28100 a night but nothing showing on my shiny new account with 0 points.

Could the 0 be a factor? Or simply no dice on family rooms?
Old May 11, 2012, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Award rooms - by program rules - are for two people. 2+2 will kill award availability. Call to book and inquire about suitable bedding and surcharges.
Old May 11, 2012, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Award rooms - by program rules - are for two people. 2+2 will kill award availability. Call to book and inquire about suitable bedding and surcharges.
Thanks. tried for 1 person. nada availability. whenever I try I get no availability.

I'm guessing its because I've no points. might load some and see if that changes things.
Old May 11, 2012, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Pick up the phone.
Old May 12, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
For the avoidance of doubt, I see availability every night until the end of this year (didn't bother to check beyond that) at a rate of 30,000 points for a night.

Chris
Old May 12, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Indeed -- they even have award availability during Olympic season, but the rooms are non-refundable (even using HHonors points). Caveat emptor !
Old May 20, 2012, 1:29 am

Hilton Gatwick

Just completed a full week here....what a DUMP!
basically, only good thing about this place is that it is connected (actually its not really, you have to walk through a carpark)...well it saves you the shuttle bus cost.
Anyway, bed was not very comfe (and small)...
actually I have stayed here a ton of times and usually bear it as it saves me the shuttle cost, but this time a ton of things went wrong. Dirty bathroom, non-working room key, broken phone, non working internet, no help with bags...list goes on and on. Called manager, told him im a gold and not happy. Left a 1/2 bottle of bad wine...um NO! I called 4 other managers all said cant help, asked for 50% off was told no way.
What is wrong with this place?
Im defecting to Sofitel tonight - where I am a platinum and it is also connected to the airport.
Im sad to leave the hilton gatwick as i've been staying here since the 90's, but the management basically told me they simply dont care.
Do I contact corporate? or is there a flyertalk hilton rep? Im not happy
Old May 20, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Hilton Gatwick

Oh man, really sorry you had to spend a week there! Max I stay there overnight and more than enough.
Old May 20, 2012, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
What would cause anyone to spend a week there? One night, just before an early flight or following a late arrival, sure, but a week?
Old May 20, 2012, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by gemac
What would cause anyone to spend a week there? One night, just before an early flight or following a late arrival, sure, but a week?
business trip
Old May 20, 2012, 2:38 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by CLTF
basically, only good thing about this place is that it is connected (actually its not really, you have to walk through a carpark)...well it saves you the shuttle bus cost.
actually I have stayed here a ton of times and usually bear it as it saves me the shuttle cost, but this time a ton of things went wrong. Dirty bathroom, non-working room key, broken phone, non working internet, no help with bags...list goes on and on. Called manager, told him im a gold and not happy. Left a 1/2 bottle of bad wine...um NO! I called 4 other managers all said cant help, asked for 50% off was told no way.
Im defecting to Sofitel tonight - where I am a platinum and it is also connected to the airport.
Im sad to leave the hilton gatwick as i've been staying here since the 90's, but the management basically told me they simply dont care.
I'm curious.
You've been staying at LGW Hilton since the 90's but it is only on this trip you've realised it is a dump? What has taken you so long?
Old May 20, 2012, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I'm curious.
You've been staying at LGW Hilton since the 90's but it is only on this trip you've realised it is a dump? What has taken you so long?
ok i always new it wasnt nice, but in the executive wing I could pretend it was OKAY as I didnt need a shuttle, but now im done with it. Sofitel here we come, already got upgraded to a suite there for tonight. Yay!
Old May 20, 2012, 5:44 am

Which room category did you book in order to get upgraded to a suite at the Sofitel?

We are Platinum A Club but have not been very lucky with upgrades at Gatwick Sofitel.
Only got upgraded to a "superior" from a classic which is the same room with some added benefits which we did not want, such as 50% off a movie and 10% of food/drink.
Old May 20, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by CLTF
- Just stayed at Hilton Gatwick one night. As a Diamond got a room at a newer section of the hotel. The room was fine and bigger than some of the Hiltons in London I stayed in the past. Everything was clean, bathroom had a bathtub and a separate shower, internet was working fine.
Executive lounge was busy in the evening but had a few hot appetizers, good cheese plate, fruits, prosciutto plate, olives and marinated mushrooms, crackers, fruits. The red wine was cheap but drinkable. Some hard liquor was also available.
Had a breakfast at the restaurant in the morning - the spread was O.K. but not as great as I would expect.
May be my expectations were low but I would certainly return especially if the price is less than ca. 90-100 pounds for a mid week stay.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
What do you think are the chances here of a pre -arrival Diamond upgrade>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.