Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
The evening canapes tonight - we were asked virtually the moment we sat down if we wanted the offering. The member of staff who came around to ask only had 1 menu for the whole lounge with no choice - mini cottage pie, avacado and sunblush tomato, vegetable samosa /chutney and a turkey/cranberry quiche.

I did ask if you could order a second platter and the response was dependent on what the chef had made that night was yes possibly. There is a selection of tortilla chips with weird salsa and some nut selection.

The lounge staff came around at 8pm asking for opinions about the latest service and did remind everyone to get another drink before the end of happy hour

The lounge this evening seemed to be mainly couples or single business men quite happy to sit quietly taking advantage of the beer/wine/coffee arrangements all except for one group who after a few drinks decided it would be a good idea to help themselves to bottles of wine.

rockflyertalk and DrAJ like this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by hugolover
The platters are spreading throughout the UK and will continue because of the huge costs of food right now. I appreciate the spirits though.

Off the top of my head, DT Glasgow, Hilton Glasgow, Waldorf Hilton have this setup. Probably many others.

Can you order food?
Aberdeen TECA does too.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Freetotravel
Aberdeen TECA does too.
Oh really?….that’s disappointing…. I’m planning on a road trip to Hilton TECA as it’s the only Hilton in the uk I’ve not stayed in and I want to tick the box ….shame.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Had a nice stay here on Saturday before a 7am flight ()
Upgrade to King deluxe in app 3 days out. That was fine for me so checked in online with hope of skipping the sometimes long lines here. Except digital key had not arrived by the time we got to the hotel at 4.30pm. Off to the desk and they apparently had no trace of my reservation.... thankfully sorted in a few mins!
Having seen the lounge comments about "platters" we headed down to the sports bar and had some wings and loaded chips with a beer or two. Nice vibe. A bit overpriced as would be expected.
Lounge decor after refurbishment was nice. Not too busy but most of the comfier chairs/ sofas in use.
Drinks were self serve but hot food to order. I have mixed feelings. Definitely enough to be called canapés with your drink, which I guess is the point. It does solve the problem of the whole buffet being demolished by 6.05pm by those feeding their kids and the service element felt attentive. However if they are going to stick with the concept it does need to be smarter. Ie not luke warm items on a cold plate with no garnish or dip. Worth noting there was a reasonable selection of cold nibbles (olives crudites, salsa, tortilla chips). Also you can access the lounge 24hours. Did this to get a coffee on my early departure. Annoyingly no takeaway cups and coffee was pretty rubbish.
Finally a niggle I have experienced in quite a few Hiltons. I quite like the larger toiletries in pump dispensers - it's easier to get a decent amount out vs the little bottles BUT at least 50% of the time one of the bottles is empty. Usually the shower gel

Overall despite a few annoyances I did have a nice time and will be back I'm sure.

Snacks in "Charlie Frys" sportsbar

Exec lounge food to order. I can't bring myself to call it a platter. This was one of each and you get a plate per person. The cheese tart and aracini ball were tastier than the meat options. Both needed to be warm though...
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHons diamond
My first time here since 2022 and I am impressed. Upgraded (as was always the case previously) to an exec room. But the lounge offering, in my view, is much better. No doubt it will vary from night to night but this evening the lounge is one third full and a clubby, relaxed atmosphere. The staff are superb; friendly, professional, and diligent. Usual okay selection of alcohol with beer and wine and spirits - you get to choose Budwiiser and Ballantines rather than craft beer and single malt, but then it is a hotel lounge. The canapés are just that, a decent selection of tasty bite sized food to go with a drink. Seconds, thirds, and more proactively offered. I’ve long grown tired of the lounges that offer buffet basic food with hordes rushing to devour it. It’s good!
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:50 pm

We just got in, got an upgrade in the app and went straight to the room, rang down for some ice and got quoted £5 for delivery.
They got rid of the ice machines years ago but I don’t remember ever having had to pay for the ice.
I went to the bar.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by mking
We just got in, got an upgrade in the app and went straight to the room, rang down for some ice and got quoted £5 for delivery.
They got rid of the ice machines years ago but I don’t remember ever having had to pay for the ice.
I went to the bar.
Quite common for the tray charge.

I like hotels that don't charge Diamonds. Encourages ordering rather than paying a big premium on food.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold
Evening Happy Hour

Not expecting much as is an airport hotel but the happy hour was lovely - canapes brought out individually but with enthusiasm and a smile as much as one liked! Drinks free pour - not crowded on a Thurs eve - Diamond member got upgraded to King Deluxe - no complaints at all for a one night stay with earliy flight next day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.