Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by lcylocal
I’ve noticed that Executive rooms seem to be sold out on every night I look to book. Assume they have been taken off sale as the lounge is closed? Anyone have any info?
Apparently the lounge is temporary closed due to covid , shame as I quite like the lounge here even with its measly offerings it always seemed to have a nice atmosphere.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Apparently the lounge is temporary closed due to covid , shame as I quite like the lounge here even with its measly offerings it always seemed to have a nice atmosphere.
They also operated lounge check in which could be handy.
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:31 am

The hotel have told me lounge and exec rooms (I’m assuming the whole extension) closed for refurb and should reopen later in the year.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
The hotel have told me lounge and exec rooms (I’m assuming the whole extension) closed for refurb and should reopen later in the year.
That’s good news, let’s see if this materialises.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:23 pm

Stayed here last night for an early flight. First time since pre-Covid and the refurb.

Few observations:
- there are still signs up for the lounge, so fingers crossed on reopening
- as a diamond received a voucher for a snack and soft drink per person at any time plus unlimited soft drinks and house beer/wine between 1800 and 2000.
- the refurbed rooms are nice and refurb comprehensive
- no Nespresso machine in deluxe rooms and the standalone shower was just a regular shower head which was mounted very low on the wall
- Crabtree and Elvin shampoo, hand wash etc. is all from pump dispensers (I wonder if this is the future given the move away from single use plastics)
- Hildon bottled water seems to be provided in all rooms currently so you don’t collect in a paper bag
- The old tensa barrier queuing system at check in with separate lane for golds and diamonds has gone in favour of the standard white priority sign (I wouldn’t dare walk to the front of a long queue though, whereas the old system meant you felt you could)
- the staff really helped me out with a change of room type and upgrade which I needed, despite the hotel being completely full, which I’m very grateful for
- EasyJet seemed to have block booked a lot of rooms for crew
- GAL really need to do some maintenance on the car park lifts on the walk over. The call buttons didn’t work, one had one door that wouldn’t open meaning big luggage couldn’t be taken through etc. Poor but not Hilton’s fault.

This will remain my first choice at LGW. Rates are currently much higher than they have been (paid £122 this time), but hoping they may fall back a bit when the Exec rooms part of the hotel comes back into use.

Pump toiletries and low shower
Abidjan, chrism20, MarcD and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC
I noticed the Exec rooms / Lounge are still advertised as closed, has anyone heard more on this?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I noticed the Exec rooms / Lounge are still advertised as closed, has anyone heard more on this?
Yes visited in October 2 hours of complimentary drinks and some food offered in the bar area for diamonds.Was a very good selection of spirits and any of the beers on tap!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by HH777
Yes visited in October 2 hours of complimentary drinks and some food offered in the bar area for diamonds.Was a very good selection of spirits and any of the beers on tap!
So it’s open? Strange they are not taking bookings then. What did you make of the refurb?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:11 pm

Wish the executive lounge was open again, I quite liked it.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Wish the executive lounge was open again, I quite liked it.
Me too. I stayed here quite a lot a few years back and enjoyed the lounge. I thought the food was often quite good and the seating comfortable too.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
So it’s open? Strange they are not taking bookings then. What did you make of the refurb?
As far as I can tell the lounge itself is still not available. They have had a temporary solution during the entire refurb which allows for free drinks from the main bar area in the main lobby during the two hours listed. There was a protected 'VIP-type' area for use of qualifying guests when I was last there. Drinks wise it is probably a better selection than you would get at most executive lounge happy hours to be fair as it encompasses the entire bar. Would be happy to hear that I am wrong on this and that the actual lounge is open... my colleague flies out from Gatwick next week and is staying so I will ask her.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Surely this lounge will be open by early January? It seems to have been closed for ages, is it moving location ? I’ve tried to ask Hilton Honors via Twitter but they do not answer.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:07 am

I just spoke to the hotel and I was told the lounge and rooms will reopen in April!! must be a big refurb.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I just spoke to the hotel and I was told the lounge and rooms will reopen in April!! must be a big refurb.
Noticed today that the refurbishment must be coming to an end as Executive rooms are now available to book as from 1st June.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:25 am

Having just stayed here and went to see if anything could be seen in the exec wing and lounge, from the small opening I could see a lot is needed to be done. There was a worker on his knees fixing the flooring! The old furniture is still in there stacked up, not sure if it’s going to be reused or just awaiting to be removed.

Desk agent said end of May for completion as you found sunshinebob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.