Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Old Jan 29, 22, 2:41 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by lcylocal View Post
Iíve noticed that Executive rooms seem to be sold out on every night I look to book. Assume they have been taken off sale as the lounge is closed? Anyone have any info?
Apparently the lounge is temporary closed due to covid , shame as I quite like the lounge here even with its measly offerings it always seemed to have a nice atmosphere.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Jan 29, 22, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla View Post
Apparently the lounge is temporary closed due to covid , shame as I quite like the lounge here even with its measly offerings it always seemed to have a nice atmosphere.
They also operated lounge check in which could be handy.
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by wizla View Post
The hotel have told me lounge and exec rooms (Iím assuming the whole extension) closed for refurb and should reopen later in the year.
Old Jun 22, 22, 7:17 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by lcylocal View Post
The hotel have told me lounge and exec rooms (Iím assuming the whole extension) closed for refurb and should reopen later in the year.
Thatís good news, letís see if this materialises.
Old Jul 3, 22, 2:23 pm

Stayed here last night for an early flight. First time since pre-Covid and the refurb.

Few observations:
- there are still signs up for the lounge, so fingers crossed on reopening
- as a diamond received a voucher for a snack and soft drink per person at any time plus unlimited soft drinks and house beer/wine between 1800 and 2000.
- the refurbed rooms are nice and refurb comprehensive
- no Nespresso machine in deluxe rooms and the standalone shower was just a regular shower head which was mounted very low on the wall
- Crabtree and Elvin shampoo, hand wash etc. is all from pump dispensers (I wonder if this is the future given the move away from single use plastics)
- Hildon bottled water seems to be provided in all rooms currently so you donít collect in a paper bag
- The old tensa barrier queuing system at check in with separate lane for golds and diamonds has gone in favour of the standard white priority sign (I wouldnít dare walk to the front of a long queue though, whereas the old system meant you felt you could)
- the staff really helped me out with a change of room type and upgrade which I needed, despite the hotel being completely full, which Iím very grateful for
- EasyJet seemed to have block booked a lot of rooms for crew
- GAL really need to do some maintenance on the car park lifts on the walk over. The call buttons didnít work, one had one door that wouldnít open meaning big luggage couldnít be taken through etc. Poor but not Hiltonís fault.

This will remain my first choice at LGW. Rates are currently much higher than they have been (paid £122 this time), but hoping they may fall back a bit when the Exec rooms part of the hotel comes back into use.

Pump toiletries and low shower
Abidjan, chrism20, MarcD and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread