Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton, Lufthansa, Skywards, Sofitel, IHG
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
What a lovely review, thanks. We will be there April 30 for one night, arriving at 7:30pm. Already upgraded to the executive room. I have a question. In the morning we need to take the Bus to Heathrow from the airport, how far is that from the hotel?
It is a long long way. Leave a lot of time! Think more 'coach trip' than transfer!
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ElleBeeTee
It is a long long way. Leave a lot of time! Think more 'coach trip' than transfer!
deleted

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 9, 2016 at 7:00 am
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:44 pm
cjd

What a lovely review, thanks. We will be there April 30 for one night, arriving at 7:30pm. Already upgraded to the executive room. I have a question. In the morning we need to take the Bus to Heathrow from the airport, how far is that from the hotel?
According to the Heathrow website, the distance between the 2 airports is 42 miles and takes about 75 minutes by coach. Time will obviously depend on traffic, especially on the M25 motorway. See:http://www.heathrow.com/transport-an...tween-airports
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cjd
According to the Heathrow website, the distance between the 2 airports is 42 miles and takes about 75 minutes by coach. Time will obviously depend on traffic, especially on the M25 motorway. See:http://www.heathrow.com/transport-an...tween-airports
I know how far the airports are, my question was where does the bus stop outside the hotel. Is it a 5 mins walk out the hotel door or is it 15 mins? I have booked our seats.
Attached Images  

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 8, 2016 at 7:15 pm
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: BA, Hilton, Lufthansa, Skywards, Sofitel, IHG
I know how far the airports are, my question was where does the bus stop outside the hotel. Is it a 5 mins walk out the hotel door or is it 15 mins? I have booked our seats.
You may already have this information (below). The walk to the nearest of these from the Hilton (which is at Gatwick South end) would be 10 minutes approx, you need to leave the hotel lobby, walk along a link corridor, turn left to get to the lift, go up a level, then cross a road semi-outside (it has a zebra crossing), then get back into the building and go on a travellator, then you are in the terminal building. From there, you need to locate as below, I don't know this part. I would allow longer in case lifts delayed etc. You will get a good idea of this of course from when you arrive.

Gatwick North Terminal
Our coaches arrive and depart from the lower level, outside International Arrivals at Gatwick's North Terminal.

Gatwick South Terminal
Our service arrives at and departs from the lower forecourt at stops 1 to 5. Escalators, lifts, ramps and travelators make it easy to get between the forecourt and the terminal.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElleBeeTee
You may already have this information (below). The walk to the nearest of these from the Hilton (which is at Gatwick South end) would be 10 minutes approx, you need to leave the hotel lobby, walk along a link corridor, turn left to get to the lift, go up a level, then cross a road semi-outside (it has a zebra crossing), then get back into the building and go on a travellator, then you are in the terminal building. From there, you need to locate as below, I don't know this part. I would allow longer in case lifts delayed etc. You will get a good idea of this of course from when you arrive.

Gatwick South Terminal
Our service arrives at and departs from the lower forecourt at stops 1 to 5. Escalators, lifts, ramps and travelators make it easy to get between the forecourt and the terminal.

Ok thanks, so it is about10mins from the hotel but easy to get through i guess through the tunnel. That's what I needed to know. Cheers
Old May 21, 2016, 4:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Parking info can be found at http://www3.hilton.com/resources/med...p_Dec_2015.pdf

Gives directions for each option.

Spot the typo in the leaflet
Old May 21, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally completed stay. Wow that is a long walk from the terminal to the hotel. And in the morning after breakfast we made our way back though the tunnel to catch our bus to Heathrow.
Old May 21, 2016, 5:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Finally completed stay. Wow that is a long walk from the terminal to the hotel. And in the morning after breakfast we made our way back though the tunnel to catch our bus to Heathrow.
Assume you are joking, as compared to airports and even some hotels it is not that far.
Old May 21, 2016, 9:43 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Spot the typo in the leaflet
In addition to the Shouth Terminal under Purple Parking — unless the South Terminal is a terminal where really loud Olde English is spokeneth — there is no space in between inbetween under Short Stay Car Park.
Old May 22, 2016, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Assume you are joking, as compared to airports and even some hotels it is not that far.
For someone with 2 knee replacements & an arthritic ankle in his 50's thats quite a hike.
Old May 22, 2016, 8:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

point taken
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Hilton Gatwick

Hilton London Gatwick Airport

Map| 5 Reviews | 80% Recommended

South Terminal Gatwick Airport Gatwick, GB RH6 0LL

Hilton Gatwick (0 Photo)

Check In

Check in was quick and easy - I had already checked in and selected my room via the HH App but as this hotel does not have electronic door locks a brief stop off a the Hhons check in desk was required (took no more than 2 minutes). 

Having said this, when I was alter having a drink in the lobby bar I did notice some considerable queues building up to check in - as it turned out one of those I was travelling with was caught up in the queue which took over 20 minutes to clear. In short the hotel just did not have enough check in staff on duty (this was 9pm).

Room

I had booked a standard room but (as  a Diamond) was upgraded to an Executive Room. Whilst these are the modern rooms in the hotel and hence are quite pleasant and away from the noise, they are a considerable walk from reception being located in the newer annex built at the back of the hotel. Something to bear in mind when deciding how long to leave to get to the terminal.

The rooms themselves are a reasonable size, with views either overlooking the "garden" (a bit of greenery between the two wings of the annex) or the car parks

Overall

A good hotel for a night stop before a flight.

Hilton Gatwick

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton London Gatwick Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 17, 2016, 10:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
the reviews up thread are spot on and I can only add the following points from a stay for one night last week (during the week):

Driving to the hotel:

The way is quite well sign posted on the way to the South Terminal but only once you head in that direction.

There is a 10 minute strictly enforced drop off zone in front of the hotel which is very convenient to drop friends or family off but not enough time to actually get luggage out, check-in and take bags to the rooms and then come back and move the car. They use a video camera to come out and take registration numbers of the cars and do so regularly and tickets are sent electronically from what I read. (I did stay longer than 10 minutes before moving so will see if I get a ticket or not and report back)...I may have been just lucky enough but we'll see.

There is a Hilton car park just after the drop off zone but it was full so I parked in the short stay car park attached to the terminal and this was convenient due to the hotel being connected to that car park but not inexpensive at something like £ 7 / hour IIRC for at least the first hour...

I found the hotel was sign posted quite well from the car park lifts personally and the walkway wide and nicer than the Heathrow T4 walkway (and also no where near as long as the Heathrow T4 walkway). It was around 200-300 meters in length and is straight so you can see the end (where it comes out at the Costa coffee shop and then the main atrium lobby of the hotel as mentioned).

Check - In:

There are two desks for HHonors Diamond (and I guess gold?) members which were both manned and this cut the queue time considerably as the hotel was quite busy with several people deep waiting for the normal queues. I didn't check in online as no upgrade so waited and was upgraded to the new exec rooms in the newer building at check in by the front desk. ^ Pictures and description as above by lifetimeblue.

It is truly a long walk to the room once out of the elevator to the new building (longer than the connecting tunnel from the car park to the hotel IMO.)

Exec Lounge:

anyone can enter but there is a lounge angel there to check eligibility.

Bar in Lobby:

We had a drink before leaving with relatives and it was a bit pricey but service was good and quick. Plenty of seating with some behind the bar in addition to the seating area in front of the bar.

Seemed reasonable enough, I'd return and a good full service place for Gold or Diamonds to stay and get some benefits over the Hampton in the North Terminal.

hope this helps those wondering whether to stay at the Hilton or the Hampton here. Both are good, for those with no status I'd go to the Hampton as breakfast is included and for those with status I'd stay at the Hilton.\
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: Aer Club Platinum, BAEC Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Flying Blue Gold
excellent airport hotel

Map| 5 Reviews | 80% Recommended

South Terminal Gatwick Airport Gatwick, GB RH6 0LL

excellent airport hotel (3 Photos)

To finish a very pleasant mini break in London, we decided to spend our final night in the Hilton London Gatwick. When researching the booking on the Hilton website, I was pleased to find the cost of a reward night to be 30,000 points, which I immediately booked.

Hilton Gatwick Airport is close to the south terminal and is a few minutes walk from the terminal building. Arriving at the reception area, I was struck by the large open space surrounded on three sides by bedrooms. It was very similar to an Embassy Suites layout.

CHECK IN:

An email from Hilton the previous day informed my that my Diamond status had allowed me an upgrade to an executive floor room, and even allocated one (with a car park view).I chose to wait until I reached the hotel  to check in, in case a room with an airport view was available. There was a dedicated check in  area for Hilton Hhonors members, and within a couple of minutes I was speaking to Deanna, who was very pleasant and helpful. As my allocated room was ready, and waiting for a different room would have taken some time, I decided to take the room on offer.

It is a lengthy walk to the newer section of the hotel where executive rooms are located, but quite close to the lounge. The room was decorated in shades of beige, light brown with a beige carpet. A strange feature was the slight downward step from the hall to the sleeping area. There was plenty of storage space, power points, and a laptop sized in-room safe. The bathroom was large, bright and had separate shower and bath. Overall it was a very pleasant room.

We visited the Executive Lounge about pm, and found a good range of pastries, muffins, and scones (with clotted cream and jam) on offer, as well as whole fruit and savoury nibbles. We enjoyed our refreshments, and took advantage of the good range of newspapers on display. It is a spacious lounge with a good variety of seating types, and a business centre.

The evening drinks and snacks were advertised from 6.30pm to 8.30pm, however the very friendly lady at the lounge reception advised arriving a little early to ensure a seat was available. We heeded this excellent advice, and as 6.30pm approached, it did indeed become quite busy.

There was a full bar service, including Sparkling wine, and a good range of cold cuts, cheeses, salads, reads, crackers, and cream of fennel soup. The food was of a very high standard and as we discovered later was identical to that served in the restaurant. The staff were very prompt at replenishing food and clearing tables.

DINING:

Having enjoyed a glass (or two, or maybe three) and some nibbles, we decided to have dinner.

The Garden restaurant offers a self service butted for £26 per person. This restaurant is located on the lower ground floor of the hotel, and was very busy. The staff were very attentive, if a little robotic in their interaction with guests.

The range of food on display was vast, and catered for all tastes. Amongst those that we sampled were:

• Cream of fennel soup
  • Salads
  • Loin of pork
  • Thai Beef curry
  • Chicken, leek and mushroom pie
  • Cabbage and bacon
  • Roast root vegetables
  • Roast and baby potatoes

Each item was delicious, and even with the small quantities I took, I had a very large satisfying meal. For £26 this represented excellent value.

The executive lounge serves breakfast, and this included:

• Fruit (whole and slices)
  • Cheeses
  • Cold cuts
  • Pastries
  • Breads
  • Juices
  • Hot selection: eggs, bacon, beans.

We had a very pleasant breakfast, and unlike many establishments, it was possible to have tea in a proper teapot: always a nice touch.

I took advantage of the express check out facility, and within an hour received an email confirming the amount charged to my card.

As an airport Hotel, the Hilton Gatwick is conveniently close to the South Terminal. Rooms are well appointed and are almost completely silent, thus guaranteeing a good night’s sleep. The hotel facilities are very good, and the executive lounge particularly well appointed. Atrium.jpgExecutive Lounge.jpgCounter.jpg

excellent airport hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton London Gatwick Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.