Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:06 pm

Thumbs up Kudos to Gatwick Hilton.

HHonors and the London Gatwick graciously agreed to refund the points to my account, after I complained about excessive guest noise during my recent 1 x night award stay.

Thank you Hilton and HHonors.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 4:09 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Hey, you never got back to us about the big computer mystery. Inquiring minds want to know.
There are 3 computers and 1 printer in the Executive Club Lounge.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 4:14 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I guess you can't please all the people all the time ...

I guess you can't please all the people all the time ...

Having waiter service in the club lounge for drinks / appetizers is quaint, but seems more "British". The appetizers were good, I'd prefer to pick my own (and pour my old drinks), but such is life. At least Gatwick doesn't seem to have the feeding frenzy feel that Metropole does and they haven't run out of anything yet (that I have seen).

I'm in the new wing and everything seems fine so far. The biggest complaint I have is that the cookies (with the coffee) weren't replaced today. The 2 bottles of water were though.

I'd rate this better than the Metropole, worse than LHR, and probably about the same as Paddington. Actually, I think Paddington had a better selection of food / drinks out during the day. Unforutnately Gatwick is 70 minutes from my office best case, so I suspect I would stay at any of the others over this, unless Gatwick was much cheaper.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 4:20 pm
stc

Originally Posted by crystal_cad
Hi all,

Any tips for a Gold HHonors stopping there shortly. Whilst realising any upgrades etc are subject to availability, should I try checking in at the exec lounge, ask at HHonors check in, or just hold my breath..... Booked by www so they should be aware of my humble status! If Exec room not available, could I still get lounge access (not too bothered about an exec room to be honest!)

Cheers.
The sign in the lobby has that all Gold / Diamond members SHOULD check in at the Executive Lounge.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 3:14 pm
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Every stay I have had at Gatwick Hilton I have scored either an upgrade and lounge access, or lounge access. I am only HH Gold so quite happy with the result. I always find emailing the hotel asking for lounge access seems to work.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Hilton London Gatwick

(Yes, in case anyone notices, I had a bit of trouble with Hilton related issues on recent 17 day Europe trip, but the Conrad Dublin was great!)

I reserved the London Gatwick for Sunday night (7/22) for a "KING LEASURE ROOM" at UKL175.

When we arrived, we were told there are no king beds in the entire hotel. We were given what they referred to as a queen. Much more like a normal double.

They then reluctantly agreed to give lounge access. ...? It was an EXECUTIVE room!

I will contact the hotel and DD.

Am I the only one growing tired of lack of decent rooms; upgrades; lounge access at Hilton properties in Europe?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As A HH Diamond I have always been given lounge access at this hotel. Unfortunately the lounge is not very good, the booze is poor and the snackies uneatable. I do like the 3 copmputers though. It is best to register in the exec lounge itself.

Some hotels in Europe have "executive rooms" but no executive lounge. The rooms are slightly larger than the other rooms with a few other goodies. The key is to see if they grant executive lounge privliges. And yes I get disgusted when the hotel considers a bottle of water a "suitable ammenity". I immediately ask for the duty manage and get ready for a battle royal. It has happened more than once.

MisterNice.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:21 pm

I've had 100+ stays at the Hilton Gatwick since 2005 and I can count on one hand the number of times I didn't receive an Executive Room (7201-7448), and on one finger the number of times I didn't receive at least a Deluxe Room in the new wing (7001-7148). When that happened, they sent up a bottle of wine and a plate of chocolate-dipped strawberries as an apology.

I've sent you a PM with the GM's direct email address. Send him a note and he will get you an explanation and resolution.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by B747-437B
I've had 100+ stays at the Hilton Gatwick since 2005 and I can count on one hand the number of times I didn't receive an Executive Room (7201-7448), and on one finger the number of times I didn't receive at least a Deluxe Room in the new wing (7001-7148). When that happened, they sent up a bottle of wine and a plate of chocolate-dipped strawberries as an apology.

I've sent you a PM with the GM's direct email address. Send him a note and he will get you an explanation and resolution.
I appears they like you better. Many thanks for the contact. I will email to him straight away.

bbkenney
Old Jul 25, 2007, 2:34 am
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I have only been HHGold for the last 4 years. Every time I have stayed at the Hilton Gatwick I have been offered lounge access. When not travelling with the family I have been given an executive room upgrade as well. I seem to get treated very well at this hotel.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Some questions about this property:
Can Gold's check in at the lounge, or only Diamonds?
Where is the lounge? (Posts seem to refer to two wings, quite far apart)
What are the chances of breakfast as Gold? Full English? (heart attack...)

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2007, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Wexflyer
Some questions about this property:
Can Gold's check in at the lounge, or only Diamonds?
Where is the lounge? (Posts seem to refer to two wings, quite far apart)
What are the chances of breakfast as Gold? Full English? (heart attack...)

Thanks!
Gold and Diamond can check-in at the lounge during its opening hours.

The lounge is located on the 4th floor, right by the walkway to the new wing. If you go to the 4th floor, there are plenty of signs to direct you.

If you are in an Executive Room (almost guaranteed for Gold/Diamond), then you can have breakfast in the lounge. Not a full traditional English breakfast but a decent enough spread.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:22 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, QF (currently some base metal), LH, Star Alliance, CSA
Just had my first stay at the LGW Hilton - great choice, lovely upgrade and the
Executive Lounge got me out of a very tight spot when some last minute
urgent work arrived by email.

Will certainly be back!
Old Apr 30, 2008, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by flyingsaucer
Just had my first stay at the LGW Hilton - great choice, lovely upgrade and the
Executive Lounge got me out of a very tight spot when some last minute
urgent work arrived by email.

Will certainly be back!
Thanks for a recent update. I'll be there next Thursday night. Any idea what hours the lounge is open?
Old May 10, 2008, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Stayed 1 night, May 8 2008. No complaints whatsoever. Offered an upgrade to a "spa room" and turned it down - all I needed was a bed and a shower. Put in 7407 - not far from the executive lounge. There were coffee, tea, shortbread, chocolates and 2 bottled waters in the room. The room was clean and all features functioned properly. Furnishings felt new. Arrived at 8:30 and checked in at front desk. Had a hard time with desk clerk's accent (not from the UK). Prepaid GBP 109 + tax.

Found the exec lounge more than adequate: a half dozen different newspapers, decent French wine, small selection of beers and assorted hot and cold snacks. Only had 30 minutes but made the most of it. Breakfast was cereal, yogurt, salmon, salami, fruit. Juice and coffee were fine.

Used the lounge for check out. Convenient. No complaints. I'm glad I passed on the Best Western in favor of the Hilton. Awful easy to step out of the hotel and into the South terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.