Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:02 pm
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
The Hilton Gatwick is in the middle of a major lobby and restaurant renovation and remodelling program. They have just completed a refit of the entire TV system and prior to that an entire bathroom remodelling. When you have 800+ rooms and 90% occupancy, these are very challenging programs to manage. I know the GM quite well and while business is definitely down as far as yields go, the Hilton's location alone ensures that they can maintain occupancy rates no matter how sour the economy goes.

FWIW, the plurality of the Hilton's clientele are not business customers but rather package tourists using the hotel as part of Park N' Fly packages or as a stopover at the start/end of their vacations. There is also significant business from delayed/cancelled flights and also airline crews.

The hotel continues to deliver a high standard of service and most importantly, are receptive to any complaints received, no matter how minor. With over 300 nights spent there in the last 5 years, I've gotten to know most of the long term staff very well and quite honestly, there is nowhere else I would consider staying when in the Gatwick area.
I have to agree with the above. I have had many stays at the Hilton Gatwick and have always been treated very well as an HH gold member. I have always been given access to the lounge even when travelling with my family.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Any recent stays? I'll be staying there in October - trying to decide if I should get the executive floor - don't arrive at LHR (ugh) until 8:45pm, puts me into the LGW Hilton somewhere after 11:00, so I suspect the lounge will be closed? Flight leaves out of LGW at 9:45am, so I would be able to take advantage of the lounge in the morning.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by cynstalker
Any recent stays? I'll be staying there in October - trying to decide if I should get the executive floor - don't arrive at LHR (ugh) until 8:45pm, puts me into the LGW Hilton somewhere after 11:00, so I suspect the lounge will be closed? Flight leaves out of LGW at 9:45am, so I would be able to take advantage of the lounge in the morning.
Hey, stayed there last month for 1 night, between flights back from PFO and heading back to GLA.

Booked 2 Executive rooms ( 1 for us, 1 for kids), and very satisfied with them (including the fact that the room for the kids was half the rate of our room). The only downside is that our rooms were in the "new" wing of the hotel, which was quite a lengthy walk from reception, but the staff on duty were all very helpful.

The lounge was not bad in the evening, so it's debateable whether it would be worth paying the premium in price for the Club room if you will not be able to use it. The snacks on offer were plentiful and tasty, and the free bar was most welcome.

We didn't bother taking breakfast in the morning, to allow us another 30 mins shuteye, and we were quite happy to pick at the hot breakfast on our morning shuttle.

Verdict ? ^^

2 rooms for a total of £150, which was extremely good value in my book for an airport hotel. If our schedule dictates a similar stay in future, I wouldn't hesitate to book this Hilton (and there are cheaper rates available).
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:43 pm

Thanks for the info, Rickers. You don't happen to know what time the executive lounge stops serving at night, do you? I've emailed the hotel twice (9/9 and again today) and still have not had a response.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:01 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Sorry, should have made it clearer --- the lounge locked away the free bar and hors d'oeuvres at 9pm; after this, you could still use the lounge and enjoy soft drinks, coffee etc until ( I think) 11pm.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:26 am

Stayed here in May on the first night of our honeymoon. Husband was only silver at the time so no free upgrade As I put it was our honeymoon on the comments we were upgraded to a deluxe room, our plan didn't include breakfast so we paid £25 to upgrade to a exec room.

Alcholic drinks were served till 9 in the lounge so managed to get my £25's worth before we had dinner (which was included in the package).

Helped ourselves to the buffet which was okay in the restuarant.

Breakfast in the lounge wasn't the best - no hot food at all. We were flying at 11 so it did the trick. There were mini tubs of ice cream but someone grabbed the last one before I could get it and they were not restocked.

Room was fairly small but it did the trick for the stay before the flight.

Would stay again for sure.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 6:11 am

Thanks both for the info. Very helpful!
feeona - congrats on your wedding!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 5:27 pm
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I had another stay at the Hilton Gatwick last month. Booked a family room January sale rate for £74. Great stay as usual and access given to the lounge which seems to be normal for golds and diamonds.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
The Hilton Gatwick has become my Hilton hotel of choice when I need to be in London at short notice and the central London properties are all selling at well over the normal rates. Easy enough to catch the train in to London to the part of London that I need, so not too much of a chore to be based out at Gatwick.

What is nice is that I sometimes have an extra room or two booked if I am with colleagues and the hotel has always extended the upgrades and lounge access to the other rooms too. The Executive rooms are pretty decent and the Lounge has a reasonable selection and some very good staff.

All in all, I've grown to like this property quite a bit now.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I stayed there on New Year's Eve before flying to MCO. I got upgraded to an executive room.

The executive lounge is closed over new year but I got free breakfast in the restaurant and £25 in drink vouchers for use at the bars ( had a couple of glasses of champagne for New Year).

The rooms were very good ( the executive rooms are a bit of a walk from reception) , it is ideally situated for the airport , the small fitness room is ok and the restaurants are good.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I actually posted yesterday before heading down to the hotel that evening.

I had two twin rooms booked for myself and 3 colleagues (got to save the company money after all!). Both rooms were upgraded to Executive Twins. Everyone got lounge access and they gave us free internet codes for all of us to use our laptops.

This morning we decided that we'd have breakfast in the restaurant rather than the lounge as we were going to be out at meetings for most of the day. When I went to ask for the bill I was told that breakfast was free as a repeat guest.

A few nice gestures like that go a long way in maintaining loyalty. ^
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
The HL Gatwick is one of my faves as well for all these reasons. I even don't mind the long walk from reception. ^
Old Sep 5, 2011, 2:49 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

New hours at Exec Lounge Gatwick Airport

Hello All,

I don't post here often at all. So I'm sorry if I'm bringing old news (mods feel free to merge/close as per necessary).

I confess I haven't read your whole sticky etc.

However, I was staying at the Hilton LGW the other week (on a Saturday), and when I arrived I asked about the hours of the lounge, and was told that they are changing the hours and will remain open during the day over the weekend (they used to close between 11am and 4pm).

However, it was still the old hours during my visit.

Hope this helps someone at some point
Old May 11, 2012, 10:54 am

availability at LGW

Thinking about moving some of my miles into HH to book a room at LGW for the night before my vacation. However, there does not seem to be a room for points ever. I checked from tomorrow to a year out and there is not one room available.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

I tried the near to type search and they always give options but when I clink into they have nothing either.

Is Gatwick airport area a no go for HH and I'm best keeping my miles where they are?
Old May 11, 2012, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Try again, or call. I see lots of standard room availability at Hilton London Gatwick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.