Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IcHot
It depends on your situation. It might be perfect for you and still be a poor value for others and that's OK.

HEX is expensive without the ability to buy quite far in advance and it also depends on the number of people in your group.

If you buy within 2 weeks, it is more than £22.00 pp. For my family, that would cost more than the average night out at the HGI Hatton Cross. Even the cheapest fare is £32.00 for a group of 4.

The Hilton Paddington is several hundred pounds a night for a group of 4. The airport hotels can be more accommodating at a fraction of the price.

For some price matters and for some it doesn't really matter. Most people are paying for the feeling and the expectation. They pay to feel they are in the very center of the action and for luxury and convenience.

What I've found is that if I can save £250.00+ on the last night when we are invariably trying to pack all our purchases to take back home, I can spend it more enjoyably during the earlier part of our stay.
Completely valid points. Just trying to provide some insights to how convenient the Paddington option can be if one wants to stay in London to enjoy the evening before departing from LHR. This is what I normally do if traveling solo, or with my wife.

Last edited by teemuflyer; May 16, 2019 at 3:21 am Reason: typo
Old May 15, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Hilton Heathrow T-5 or T-4

I have a quick overnight coming up at LHR, arriving into T-2 at 8pm and leaving out of T-5 at 8am. Would you recommend staying at the Hilton at T-5 or T-4, basically I am looking for the least amount of time transiting to and from the hotel.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by N104UA
I have a quick overnight coming up at LHR, arriving into T-2 at 8pm and leaving out of T-5 at 8am. Would you recommend staying at the Hilton at T-5 or T-4, basically I am looking for the least amount of time transiting to and from the hotel.
Tons of very recent discussion on the exact same question in the consolidated thread starting at post 587...

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}
Old May 15, 2019, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
There is a new Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 right next to the Hilton at T4 (they share the same covered walkway to the terminal), which you can often get for half the price of the Hilton, check it out...Book it through cheaptickets.com, with the 16% discount. Sometimes I get it for $40/night, and it is a brand new hotel. It is my go to hotel at LHR, even though I am HH Diamond. There is also a good PP lounge at T4 airside right at the entrance for free breakfast/lunch/dinner, with the right cards. 3-4 minutes walk from the hotel.

Last edited by nk15; May 15, 2019 at 6:42 pm
Old May 15, 2019, 11:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you are using public transport / hotel hoppas, T4 is the quickest. If you are using Uber / the hotel's nominated taxi firm then T5 is quickest. In a few months time, when HGI T2 opens, then this probably will be the fastest by public transport, particularly given your trip.

There are detailed threads elsewhere in this forum on both T4 and T5 Hiltons.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:26 pm

Later this month I need to spend a night in London between flights - arriving LHR around 7 AM and departing LHR the next evening. I have two concerns - being able to check in early (say by 9 AM) spending as little as possible

Of course I am willing to take the tube or a bus somewhere to achieve these objectives.

Which Hilton group property would you recommend I look into?
Old May 17, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by JasWon
Later this month I need to spend a night in London between flights - arriving LHR around 7 AM and departing LHR the next evening. I have two concerns - being able to check in early (say by 9 AM) spending as little as possible

Of course I am willing to take the tube or a bus somewhere to achieve these objectives.

Which Hilton group property would you recommend I look into?
It’s a long tube ride from LHR but Hilton Canary Wharf is great for very Early check in if you notify them in advance and are willing to forfeit any upgrade.
I stay a fair bit but a couple of times a year I have a 10am meeting in Greenwich, I always mention in the comments box that I will be arriving at 7am and happy to take any room ( so I can sauna, shower and shave before I leave ) and so far for the last 4 years it’s never failed , I’ve also still got upgraded too.
Just a thought if you can handle the tube run.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by JasWon
I have two concerns - being able to check in early (say by 9 AM) spending as little as possible
I've had great success checking in quite early at the Hilton T4, but they are not usually the cheapest. Generally, hotels are happy to accommodate early arrival if they have rooms that are ready, so it usually depends how full the property is the night before. Places with cheap rooms are often not full (or, conversely, places that are full usually only have expensive rooms left to book).
Old May 22, 2019, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
LHR hotel recommendation

I have an early flight out of LHR in August. Rather than take the train very early from Ashford X then piccadilly to LHR I want to spend the night near LHR. I'm looking for a hotel that I can walk to a pub at night and get a late night bite to eat. HGI LHR? It's close to Hatton Cross that is very convenient the next morning. How about the Doubletree?
Old May 22, 2019, 11:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
What terminal are you flying from?
Old May 22, 2019, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

I think the hilton garden Inn t2 opens in July n the central terminal area

Regards

Tbs
Old May 23, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
... a hotel that I can walk to a pub at night and get a late night bite to eat. HGI LHR?
Do you mean 'a late night bite to eat at a pub within walking distance of the hotel' or just 'a late night bite to eat' (as, perhaps, back at the hotel)? And what is 'late night', anyway? The HGI is (can be) reasonably priced; it is as convenient as you could want; and it is half a mile from the Green Man pub. I've never eaten at the Green Man but their website seems to indicate that you can order food until 21.00.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi.

I think the hilton garden Inn t2 opens in July n the central terminal area

Regards

Tbs
June 1st IIRC.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
There is also tons of recent discussion on LHR options in the dedicated London thread...

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}
Old May 23, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by florens
June 1st IIRC.
July 1st actually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.