Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by Abidjan
^ for the ORD Hilton. Get a room facing the runway (no noise issues for me) and enjoy the very nice gym plus great ORD access. :-:
I am ALL about the runway windows!!! Now...if I can just afford to get in there...
Old Aug 15, 2005, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Call up the hotel directly or walk-in and ask if they will give you a 99 or 109/night rate. Seeing that they are dumping rooms (on Priceline) or giving them at the stranded passenger-type rates often enough, they just might consider such.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Call up the hotel directly or walk-in and ask if they will give you a 99 or 109/night rate. Seeing that they are dumping rooms (on Priceline) or giving them at the stranded passenger-type rates often enough, they just might consider such.
That was exactly my thought. I called today (3 days out...) from TLV and tried every tool I could think of to try and get her (on-site reservation agent) to help me. She wouldn't budge from $219 if you can believe that.

If I thought it would work as well, I'd try to call a sales person. I did that downtown to get the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza to match a DoubleTree rate, with the suggestion that I might choose to stay there a lot more going forward given its proximity to my office. But I don't see the gambit working quite as well here given that there's not much comparable to the Hilton ORD nearby. Maybe the Hyatt, but they're pricey too...
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by BoulderFlyer
I'm an SPG junkie who recently "crossed to the dark side" by staying at a few Hilton properties. I've had two one-night stays at the ORD Hilton the last two weeks and am very impressed by it. The check-in process was very fast and courteous for Hhonors members. (I have no status with Hilton yet). The room was very nice. The location is great...I love walking from my gate directly to the hotel. My company has a $100 a night rate...a very good deal, IMHO, for this property.
I feel like I live at this hotel sometimes........

I think it is a great property. Very spotless and updated rooms (fully remodeled) are fantastic.

You may have to prod the waitstaff in the Sports Bar to get your order placed....but overall it is one of my favourites. And the commute to ORD cant be beat.

The health club is one of the best out of any hotel....anywhere.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by ClipperClub
I feel like I live at this hotel sometimes........

I think it is a great property. Very spotless and updated rooms (fully remodeled) are fantastic.

You may have to prod the waitstaff in the Sports Bar to get your order placed....but overall it is one of my favourites. And the commute to ORD cant be beat.

The health club is one of the best out of any hotel....anywhere.
So ClipperClub - do you have a special corporate rate? Do you pay 'retail'? Any tricks to share? I'd be grateful...
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, National Executive Elite
This is a bit off the mark, I guess, but if you ever get one of those pink slips for a discounted stay (I get them from UA all the time) when your flight gets canceled, save 'em if you don't use them. I've kept several for months and used them for other travel. The rate I've paid was $62.00.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH SEN
The best rate that qualifies for points and counts toward status I've seen is $89 plus tax.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by badger2
This is a bit off the mark, I guess, but if you ever get one of those pink slips for a discounted stay (I get them from UA all the time) when your flight gets canceled, save 'em if you don't use them. I've kept several for months and used them for other travel. The rate I've paid was $62.00.
I guess I've got to consider myself lucky and haven't been canceled out at ORD. I wish I had some of those...

That said, Nicholas, where have you been able to get that rate? Geeze, I'd easily be willing to pay $150, but I couldn't get them to budge from 229.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 1:10 am

Just an update on the Hilton at ORD - as noted in my earlier post, I had never been able to get it for less than $229 a night.

I just booked for something like $119 (sorry I don't have the confirm in front of me) for a Friday-night stay on Dec 9. Of course, that doesn't help me with any of my other trips for which I'm resigned to staying at HGI at ORD or in the city.

But...if anyone reading this happens to know any methods for getting a better rate than $229 on a weekday, please let me know. I crave the airport Hilton...
Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jakebeth
Just an update on the Hilton at ORD - as noted in my earlier post, I had never been able to get it for less than $229 a night.

I just booked for something like $119 (sorry I don't have the confirm in front of me) for a Friday-night stay on Dec 9. Of course, that doesn't help me with any of my other trips for which I'm resigned to staying at HGI at ORD or in the city.

But...if anyone reading this happens to know any methods for getting a better rate than $229 on a weekday, please let me know. I crave the airport Hilton...
Never seen it myself. I too like the ORD Hilton for late arrivals from the west. Even weekends are going up in price. Used to be a Friday or Saturday stay could be had for $99, now you really have trouble finding the $119 you mentioned. It is often $129.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 4:34 pm

ORD eats

I have a few weekend meetings at the ORD hilton coming up. Besides the two resturants in the Hotel, what's nearby. Possibly somthing I could hop one of the other hotels shutles to get to.

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2005, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, OWS
If you like steak, you can try the Gibsons at the Doubletree ORD
Old Nov 7, 2005, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Chapie
I have a few weekend meetings at the ORD hilton coming up. Besides the two resturants in the Hotel, what's nearby. Possibly somthing I could hop one of the other hotels shutles to get to.

Thanks
The only other thing on site is in the international terminal, T5. You have to go out toward terminal 3 (AA) then ride the train to T5. They have Uno's pizza, a deli place, McD's, and some other. Not much, but it is something. Anything else you have to go off airport, unless you want to buy a refundable ticket to go past security in T1, 2 or 3. I wish the Hilton would make some sort of arrangement to get passes for guests.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 7:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Do you like seafood?

You can take the Sheraton Gateway Suites Chicago O'Hare shuttle. This restaurant is located right next to the Sheraton:

http://www.nicksfishmarketchicago.com/
Old Nov 8, 2005, 6:21 am

Thanks

Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.