Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2004, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta - Diamond / Diamond Marriott-Platinum
Take a short trip into the city of Chicago and enjoy one of the best Hiltons in the 48 states. It's worth it.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Yes, Palmer House is a nice place...

Anyway this is why I am waiting until 1/1 and then going SPG (I'm sure there will be plenty of promos for me to keep my hilton status). Too many people with free gold status means Gold = Nothing. Plus they shouldn't make us beg for scraps when they promised us them in the first place.
Old May 15, 2005, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Hilton ORD "Environmental Room"

A couple of weeks ago I was "upgraded at no charge" to a new environmental room they were trying out at ORD. It is basically a small room (at ORD they usually give me one of the junior suites) with enough air purification crap to satisfy NASA. There are hardwood floors throughout, though it would be nice to have carpet around the bed, and all kinds of weird bath stuff, fragrance free and all that. Sitting in the desk chair was an adventure. I'd sail halfway across the room on those floors whenever I sat down! Anyway, even with all this the room smelled more of cigarette smoke than any I had been in.

Unless you have every allergy on earth, I'd avoid this as an "upgrade". I would much rather see a humidifier in the rooms (why don't any hotels have them?) than the air purifiers that don't seem to purify anything. I notice they now want to charge extra for it if you want to reserve it. Don't waste your money.
Old May 15, 2005, 5:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This doesn't sound like an upgrade - it sounds as if Chicago is gaining its first Scandic!
Old Jun 10, 2005, 6:55 am

ORD Restaurants

Stuck at the ORD Hilton this weekend. Any recomedations or Restaurants in the hilton or walking distance?

Thanks
Greg
Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stuck is right. The hotel has a fair restaurant. Otherwise you are limited to the international terminal, which you can get to by the airport train outside each domestic terminal. Most food is past security in the domestic terminals, so international is it, and that is mainly fast food. Your only other option is to take the El downtown.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
You don't have to take the el all the way to downtown. There are few options, but you need to research it first. A vey easy one is to take the train to Harlem Ave. stop and transfer to a bus going south on Harlem. Many, many restaurants. Anyhing from fast food, to casual to expensive and they are right on Harlem ave.

All the other train stops with the exception of the first 3 or 4 will have some interesting choices within walking distance of the stations.

There are some nice resaurants close to the airport. You will have to take a cab, but in most cases it shouldn't be more than $15.

Do a search here:

www.metromix.com
Old Jun 10, 2005, 8:20 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Harry Carey's in the Holiday Inn Select is not a bad place to eat. Sheraton Suites is next door to the HI. Both run shuttle bus from outside the Hilton. Free wifi at the Holiday Inn versus the $10 per day charge at the Hilton.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 3:24 pm

Thanks all

Greg
Old Jun 11, 2005, 7:40 am

Not really stuck at all

Rosemont is the name of one suburb adjacent to O'Hare. The link below lists a few places that are a short cab ride away. A shuttle may even be available between the airport and the hotel adjacent to the restaurant. Nick's Fishmarket is roughly at the corner of Manheim and Higgins and would be my 1st choice. http://www.nicksfishmarketchicago.com/

http://www.rosemont.com/restaurants/...taurants.shtml
Old Jun 11, 2005, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The OP asked about walking distance. It is odd that this Hilton, in the middle of the busiest airport in the world, has less food options than your average Hampton Inn. Except for the hotel restaurant, there is nothing in the way of sit down dining anywhere close (remember, those "short" cab rides out of ORD will be a minimum $10-$15 each way). There should be a way for hotel guests to access the terminals at ORD, especially if you just flew in or are going out again in a few days.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by flyinbob
The OP asked about walking distance. It is odd that this Hilton, in the middle of the busiest airport in the world, has less food options than your average Hampton Inn. Except for the hotel restaurant, there is nothing in the way of sit down dining anywhere close (remember, those "short" cab rides out of ORD will be a minimum $10-$15 each way). There should be a way for hotel guests to access the terminals at ORD, especially if you just flew in or are going out again in a few days.

I consider taking the train to Harlem Ave (about 10 minutes) and transfering to a bus (~$1.50 total) somewhat of a walking distance from the hotel. It is an airport attached hotel so there really is no walking distance to anything but the train does allow you to get somewhere quickly and cheap without going all the way downtown.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 4:51 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Easy ...

Take the Doubletree ORD Rosemont shuttle and eat at Gibsons!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 7:08 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Newer info?

Does anyone have more recent experience with getting good prices at the ORD Hilton?...without resorting to an anonymous booking?

I got badly spoiled over New Year's. I was connecting through ORD on AA, returning home from a funeral, when of all things, I learned that a relative in Chicago was dying. I got help adjusting my reservation in the Admirals Club, and before it even occurred to me that I would have to get a hotel (I was freaking out and just realized I needed a car) one of the AAngels gave me a $99 voucher to stay at the Hilton that night.

I so badly want that convenience again, now that I routinely go through ORD, but I can never find it for less than say $220 now, and my wallet can't take it, and my work won't pay that much. UGH. HELP?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
^ for the ORD Hilton. Get a room facing the runway (no noise issues for me) and enjoy the very nice gym plus great ORD access. :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.