Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2004, 4:45 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Sorry to hear about your experiences there .. as far as I know they do not have an exec lounge ... i have stayed there a couple of times however and was always offered breakfast coupons... same with the health club, complimentary access ... sounds like your status was not on the file maybe? Did you show your GOLD status card? ... hmm sounds like they did not treat you with the respect due.

PB
Old Aug 27, 2004, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Itsa typical tired airport hotel with constant personnel turnover. This is a perfect example why one should always carry a copy of the HH T&C for frustrating times such as this and/or ask for the hotels HH Manager. Sometimes its easier to return to the FD the next morning and ask for the certs etc from a better trained employee.

MisterNice
Old Aug 27, 2004, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by MisterNice
Itsa typical tired airport hotel with constant personnel turnover. This is a perfect example why one should always carry a copy of the HH T&C for frustrating times such as this and/or ask for the hotels HH Manager. Sometimes its easier to return to the FD the next morning and ask for the certs etc from a better trained employee.

MisterNice
I agree. I have experience this frustration more times than I care to admit & I have given up with pushing the inadequate front desk staff -espescially when I am checking in later at night. The day shift and/or manager will usually come through as expected.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 8:02 am

Programs: HH, NWA
I got stuck in ORD a couple years ago when storms pretty much shut down the airport. Went over to the Hilton and got their last available room. My luggage was all sitting in the airport, so I asked the consierge if I could get a comb, toothbrush, etc. She told me to go to the gift shop and buy them.....

Stay at a 50.00 Super 8 or a 70.00 Hampton and they'll give you those things with a smile.......
Old Aug 27, 2004, 8:40 am

I've found the Doubletree in Rosemont to be a pretty good place to stay near ORD. Decent rooms, friendly enough staff, a surprisingly good restaurant, and frequent shuttles between the hotel and airport. Unfortunately, getting to the hotel means finding your way to the ORD shuttle hell, but coming back is humane.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 9:12 am

Two GREAT stays at this hotel

I've stayed at the ORD Hilton twice during the past three months. Each time, I arrived at the hotel after 10:30 p.m. after I've missed my last connecting flight home due to bad weather.

The first time I was upgraded to a Junior suite, given coupons for about 8 bottles of water ("You must be dehydrated," said the check-in clerk), and a breakfast coupon. When I mentioned at check-in that I had no cell phone and that my husband had no clue that I was stranded in ORD, the Hilton security guard immediately passed me his own cell phone and told me to call my husband.

The second time I was given a regular room because no suites were available. I was given coupons for water and breakfast. When I asked, I was also given a coupon for an amenity packet (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, etc.)

On this second stay, I was rushing home to meet my teenage son, who was flying home after a six-week summer program in LAX. After checking into the hotel, I found out that my son was overnighting in DEN due to an aircraft mechanical problem and was being re-routed home the next day through ORD. So, I decided to hang around ORD the next day and catch the same flight home with him.

I met my son at the gate when he arrived in ORD. I took him back to the ORD Hilton where the front desk gave me another breakfast coupon so that my son and I could have breakfast together.

I'm sorry that others have had bad experiences at this hotel, but I have found all the personnel at this hotel to be very helpful.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 9:13 am
travelalot5

I've been there three times (last in Apr) and was happy all three. Nice people and given breakfast coupons at check-in.

Old Aug 27, 2004, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
If a hotel declines known benefits then simply call the HHonors number on your HH card and let the front desk argue their way out of it with the phone reps. I've only had to do this a couple of times (once with Marriott) and it worked!
Old Aug 27, 2004, 2:04 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by bamboola
I've stayed at the ORD Hilton twice during the past three months. Each time, I arrived at the hotel after 10:30 p.m. after I've missed my last connecting flight home due to bad weather.

The first time I was upgraded to a Junior suite, given coupons for about 8 bottles of water ("You must be dehydrated," said the check-in clerk), and a breakfast coupon. When I mentioned at check-in that I had no cell phone and that my husband had no clue that I was stranded in ORD, the Hilton security guard immediately passed me his own cell phone and told me to call my husband.

The second time I was given a regular room because no suites were available. I was given coupons for water and breakfast. When I asked, I was also given a coupon for an amenity packet (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, etc.)

On this second stay, I was rushing home to meet my teenage son, who was flying home after a six-week summer program in LAX. After checking into the hotel, I found out that my son was overnighting in DEN due to an aircraft mechanical problem and was being re-routed home the next day through ORD. So, I decided to hang around ORD the next day and catch the same flight home with him.

I met my son at the gate when he arrived in ORD. I took him back to the ORD Hilton where the front desk gave me another breakfast coupon so that my son and I could have breakfast together.

I'm sorry that others have had bad experiences at this hotel, but I have found all the personnel at this hotel to be very helpful.
Your experiences are very similar to mine....I have always been treated well. Sorry to hear some other havent but in my case I have always been happy with this property.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 2:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm sorry to hear of the poor treament - it would substantiate

Itsa typical tired airport hotel with constant personnel turnover....
My experiences have been quite good, good reception and all the perks I could expect. Close to public transport, easy access to the airport (when they don't have hallways cluttered with pieces of walkways under repair,) the usual HH benefits.

The poor experiences would possibly be addressed by MisterNice's recommmendation:

...a perfect example why one should always carry a copy of the HH T&C for frustrating times such as this and/or ask for the hotels HH Manager...
Old Aug 27, 2004, 7:45 pm

They always recognized my status at ORD Hilton

I have stayed there several times, and always had gold status recognized with breakfast coupons, health club access, and even a comp drink at the sports bar. I found the pool and hot tub at the health club refreshing. The steak house is good enough that I have met there with clients even when not staying at the hotel (warning - scantily clad waitresses - might not be for everyone). The other restaurant is only so-so.

The only complaint I have had about this property is that sometimes the room rates are extremely high. But I have also gotten a $99 rate at the last minute when a flight was cancelled.

BJfly
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Originally Posted by BJfly
I have stayed there several times, and always had gold status recognized with breakfast coupons, health club access, and even a comp drink at the sports bar. I found the pool and hot tub at the health club refreshing. The steak house is good enough that I have met there with clients even when not staying at the hotel (warning - scantily clad waitresses - might not be for everyone). The other restaurant is only so-so.

The only complaint I have had about this property is that sometimes the room rates are extremely high. But I have also gotten a $99 rate at the last minute when a flight was cancelled.

BJfly
; Just how scantily clad are those waitresses???
Old Aug 28, 2004, 6:02 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Sorry you had such a bad stay. Like most of the others, my night at the ORD Hilton was also due to missing the last flight out in bad thunderstorms. It was 2 years ago and after sitting out on the runway for 2 hours and then taxiing back in (stale crew) and fighting the crowds at the gate because the CO Elite line couldn't do anything (claimed my ticket showed up as "used") , I was just so happy to have a quiet room, a hot bath and food that I would have stayed in a closet with those amenities. But they gave me a free breakfast coupon without being asked.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
I've also found the ORD Hilton OK, always got the vouchers etc. No concierge's lounge but you can't have everything.

In fact, just a few weeks ago I was returning CLT-LHR when my CLT-ORD connection had a mechanical. AA said I couldn't get a connection that night, so we arranged for me to 120-20 to United up to ORD, overnight in ORD and get the morning flight the next day. I was on an AAward ticket in first.

Long story short, the AA staff at CLT were wonderful, the AA staff (or at least the supervisor on duty) at ORD was diabolical and rude. They wanted me to stay in a Holiday Inn, miles from the airport, and said I could check in 40 minutes before the flight across the pond. Must get round to writing a letter of complaint.

So I crossed the street to the Hilton, explained matters to the receptionist, who let me have a room for less than half of rack rate. That's the way to keep customers coming back

On the subject of cheap rooms there, I just got a twin for my SO & the youngster for the Saturday night before Thanksgiving for around $100
Old Sep 3, 2004, 9:18 pm

Another sorry to hear about your bad stay here. We just checked out of the ORD Hilton yesterday pre-flight after one night. Gold here. Upon check in our room key was waiting for us along with breakfast coupons and free water bottle coupons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.