Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2004, 4:44 am

Best rates for ORD Hilton?

What is a good rate for Saturday 22 May at the ORD Hilton? And where is the best place to book that rate?
Old Apr 24, 2004, 5:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by bollinge
What is a good rate for Saturday 22 May at the ORD Hilton? And where is the best place to book that rate?
Hlton.com is showing a rate of $107 plus tax. That's an excellent rate for this property. The average weekday rate is about $200.

I doubt very much you could find a better rate for this property.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 8:33 am

If you're not interested in the HH points, the Hilton ORD is $71 + booking fees (probably about $84.95 total) on Hotwire right now. It's the "Best Value" 4 star listed under "O'Hare Int'l Airport ORD". I've stayed there 3 times this year on Hotwire, got an upgraded room and a stay credit (but no points or miles) plus breakfast for flashing my HH Diamond card with the credit card at checkin for "incidentals". YMMV.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 3:27 am

Thanks, just booked for $85!

Many thanks, just booked for $85!
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:12 am

fredmartens: Do you know if the Hilton ORD is always the (and the only one that is the) Best Value 4 stars on Hotwire for that zone?
Old May 11, 2004, 2:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport

CHICAGO - Weekend for 2 at Hilton O'Hare

American Red Cross is currently having their Virtual Auction (May 6 - 13) on eBay. One of the many items is a Weekend for 2 at Hilton O'Hare. Winner receives a gift certificate valid for a two night weekend stay and a continental breakfast for two (donated to the ARC by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport). Can't attest to points/miles. Minimum bid at $96.00; no bids yet with 2d 01h 00m left.

Edited to update thread title and to add...
(On further review, there are a number of auctions involving Hilton and other properties. The full lists can be found here under the two 'Vacation and Travel' links.)

Last edited by Grog; May 11, 2004 at 3:01 pm
Old Jul 21, 2004, 3:49 pm

This hotel gets very mixed reviews on Tripadvisor. I'm thinking of redeeming points for a one night stay here -- 9/1 -- before flying off for 4 nights over the Labor Day weekend because it is our first plane trip with a baby and the thought of walking out the hotel to our flight a short distance away is very appealing. I'm considering the points option only because the cash rates are in the $200 range, and there is no way I'm paying that for one night there. But if the place is very inconsistent in the service and quality department, then I would feel bad using 30,000 HHonors points for the night. Advise?
Old Jul 21, 2004, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; SPG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Highly recommended

Originally Posted by Scotch
This hotel gets very mixed reviews on Tripadvisor. I'm thinking of redeeming points for a one night stay here -- 9/1 -- before flying off for 4 nights over the Labor Day weekend because it is our first plane trip with a baby and the thought of walking out the hotel to our flight a short distance away is very appealing. I'm considering the points option only because the cash rates are in the $200 range, and there is no way I'm paying that for one night there. But if the place is very inconsistent in the service and quality department, then I would feel bad using 30,000 HHonors points for the night. Advise?
I'm an SPG junkie who recently "crossed to the dark side" by staying at a few Hilton properties. I've had two one-night stays at the ORD Hilton the last two weeks and am very impressed by it. The check-in process was very fast and courteous for Hhonors members. (I have no status with Hilton yet). The room was very nice. The location is great...I love walking from my gate directly to the hotel. My company has a $100 a night rate...a very good deal, IMHO, for this property.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
Speaking of SPG, the Gateway is a couple of miles away, has a shuttle, and used to be an Embassy Suites, so for a family, it's a better deal (b'fast normally included).
Old Jul 22, 2004, 8:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I've always had very good stays at H-ORD, and the $85 available on Hotwire / $107 on Hilton.com are very good prices. The airport is right there, and the CTA station is right there (every ten minutes during the day.) Very, very convenient! ^

Originally Posted by Scotch
Old Jul 25, 2004, 3:49 pm

HIL-ORD no problem!

I stayed there in June following my original post, and apart from a long queue to check in at 6.30 pm (everyone else was checking out), my stay was fine.

However, I was reminded on that trip of what a funny society you live in; when an elderly man with grey hair aged about seventy was asked for ID at the bar to prove he was over 21! (or was that LAX?)
Old Jul 25, 2004, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
If you are 60 or over and have joined the Seniors program, you'll be able to score rooms for rates between $80 and $100 regularly while earning all points as usual as well as upgrades when available depending on your status. At least that has been my experience as a Senior Gold. Edited to add - that's based on two stays since recently acquiring the Senior membership.

lex
Old Jul 28, 2004, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, HH-Gold, MR - Gold, HY-Explorist
If you aren't going to get credits anyway, then priceline carries the ORD hilton for ~45/night on average. Have bid that without difficulty in the past.
Of course, this being Flyertalk, credit is where it's at right?
Old Aug 26, 2004, 9:51 pm

Thumbs down ORD Hilton: Useless Gold Status

I stayed 8/24 on regular rack rate booked through hilton.com. Noting hotel did not offer lounge, at check-in, I asked for breakfast coupon. A particularly surly agent replied, "we do not offer that here." Sensing no relief from this sourpuss, I attempted end-run by calling from room later that evening. The agent then stayed on message "not offered" but breakfast available for purchase! I referred to the stated member benefits directly from HHonors web site: "Sir, I am afraid you are mistaken."

Later some satisfaction gained from decent but anciently equipped health club ( only however, after explaining to attendant that I would not like entrance fee added to my room charges-it was complimentary). By the way, ear plugs came in handy blocking out the pounding 110dB techno music.

Now the next morning, we can wait on breakfast but not on a good cup of java. The Hilton lobby line at Starbucks was quite long. I found you can save $5 bucks on the same latte and muffin by walking across the street to the United check-in!

IMHO, this Hilton is best avoided. The only exception being utmost convenience. And even then, watch your bill carefully for wrong charges.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Agreed that the Hilton O'Hare is good only for early flight access. Even as a diamond they offer me little. And fair warning if you drive - DON'T. No parking nearby, except in the airport garage ($30 per day?). Valet is $36 a day (not the $32 posted on their web site). A true airport hotel, and WAY too expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.