Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Call the Police next time. They tried this crap on me at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Vegas. I told them that they had stolen my package and were holding it ransom and I will be calling the police.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:27 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs down

very shabby. please post a follow up when you hear back from the folks at HH.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 2:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

They did the same thing to me at the Las Vegas Hilton. I had 9 packages/documents arriving during my 6 night stay. They charged from 5-14 USD pr. package/document. And as you said, I had to go down to the "business centre" and get them

Very tacky, wrote the manager at the hotel, haven't heard squat!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 9:25 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
This is wrong...just plain wrong!...Whatever happened to the concept of service in the hospitality industry? If a hotel insisted on this policy...and fortunately most do not...it would be grounds for me not to utilize that property again!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by BDLORD
Call the Police next time. They tried this crap on me at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Vegas. I told them that they had stolen my package and were holding it ransom and I will be calling the police.
Same at the Wynn Las Vegas. I thought it was intensely cheesy that an otherwise 5-star hotel would stoop this low. I did not write a letter, but I did let them have a piece of my mind.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Working logistics for trade shows in my company, we have run into this many times. Always, however, the hotels have informed us ahead of time that there is a fee for package delivery. Usually it is in the terms and conditions of the room rate.

If we have multiple rooms booked at the hotel, we generally ask them to give us a discount on the delivery fee, for example, only charge us for one package per day instead of once per package, and they generally agree to this, but we negotiate this in advance.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Almost all full service hotels ding you $5-$10 for a package delivery. For most other hotels/motels it is free. Ditto for high speed internet. Ditto for parking charges. Ditto for any Business Center usage. It is an outdated custom because they consider it free money.

MisterNice
Old Nov 8, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MisterNice
Almost all full service hotels ding you $5-$10 for a package delivery. For most other hotels/motels it is free. Ditto for high speed internet. Ditto for parking charges. Ditto for any Business Center usage. It is an outdated custom because they consider it free money.

MisterNice
I would disagree that most full service hotels have this charge. I have personally never been hit with this charge and I stay at Hiltons, Marriotts, and Starwoods regularly.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 5:40 pm

Programs: NW-Silver, US, UL, IA, DL, Marriott & *wood-Gold, HH-Diamond, PC- Plat. Hyatt Diamond
That's not the only thing going on there

This same hotel UPS Store got me good in a similar vain the $3.00 charge to send an outgoing third party billing DHL envelope. Then on top it, they did not send it out in time. See the thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604840
Old Nov 8, 2006, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Try dropping off a package at the same kind of store at NYC's Javits Convention Center. They wanted $50 per outgoing package! I called FedEx and they picked our stuff up from the booth. LOTS of other people wanted to give the FedEx driver packages, but the driver couldn't take them. She would have filled her entire truck. This kind of store also often wants $ for blank UPS/FedEx airbills.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 4:40 pm

Programs: United 1k 1 MM
Hilton- O'Hare Question

My family and I are travel to AMS in July. I will be meeting up with them at ORD (flying in after a business trip, they from our home airport). We have about seven hours to kill and has wondering if anyone has ever rented a room during the day at the Hilton? I know you can pay a fee to use their gym but was looking for feedback on the rate and the time-limit for the room?

Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Day Rooms at OHare

I have twice rented a day room. It is good from 9:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. It is about 50% of the regualar room rate. Day rooms are not always available. You get full HH points for dollars spent, I did not check about stay credits or night credits. The rooms are not available on line, only by phone to the hotel.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:58 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Gold Circle, Virgin America Elevate, Qantas
Originally Posted by wideman
Recently stayed at the DoubleTree Rosemont, and I'm in no real hurry to return.
I wholeheartedly second that. I stayed there in April '06 and it was not a pleasant stay. Staff were rude (with the exception of the woman at check in), the restaurant was a disaster (overpriced, our food was cold, service was beyond slow) and we were left waiting for a shuttle for 45+ minutes. I'd sooner stay in a YHA than stay there again.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:28 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have stayed there in February and as usual written a trip report with pictures and - as a new feature on my homepage - a short movie about the room

Could be found here

The movie might takes some time to load ....
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:28 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

wron thread, sorry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.