Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: SASEBG,TKG ,OMN G, SDAch.
Chicago O`Hare Hilton Day rates?

Im flying(UA) to O`Hare arr.05am. Departure will be at 04pm. Can I have a hotel from the night before with late check out? (Hilton?) The day of stay:Sunday.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Thats not a day rate

Thats a late checkout. They may do it or they may ask you to pay half the rate. Depends on your status, occupancy levels,mood of the person you get, what time the housekeeping staff is going home ,etc

You could also ask them for a day rate - last time I did that it was $150 - might be cheaper to rent the room

Or - you could consider a Sunday reservation and ask for an early checkin
Old May 1, 2009, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Day Rate at O'Hare

I am looking for a day rate, as I have a 9 hour layover in Chicago and called up the O'Hare Hilton.

The day rate price is $150 plus tax, while the Best Unrestricted Rate for the same date is $129 plus tax.

I just tought this was funny!

I am probably going to priceline a hotel, for around $50-60.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
There is a reason.

Originally Posted by bsb21
I am looking for a day rate, as I have a 9 hour layover in Chicago and called up the O'Hare Hilton.

The day rate price is $150 plus tax, while the Best Unrestricted Rate for the same date is $129 plus tax.

I just tought this was funny!

I am probably going to priceline a hotel, for around $50-60.
You want the room for the DAY, not the night before or the night after. So you want a room they clean early and which may not be available until 5 pm or so. Why is it so odd to you that it might be more than a room for the next evening?
Old May 3, 2009, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ORDflyer
You want the room for the DAY, not the night before or the night after. So you want a room they clean early and which may not be available until 5 pm or so. Why is it so odd to you that it might be more than a room for the next evening?
One reason might be that they can actually double sell a day room. If I go in at 9am and out at 5pm, they can clean it and sell it again for the night. While I don't think a day rate should be $20, if they are not close to fully booked, you would think they would make more rooms available at reasonable day rates for such travelers.
Old May 3, 2009, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I think the day rate is usually a set rate and does not fluctuate as often as regular rates which is the reason that sometimes the day rate is higher than the regular rate. In another thread, somebody also reported a day rate at ORD Hilton of $150 from last year. I have stayed at hotels where the day rate is 30%-50% less than the regular rate precisely because the hotel can turnover the room for another guest as flyinbob suggests. Of course, this is not to be confused with hourly rates
Old May 3, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by ORDflyer
Why is it so odd to you that it might be more than a room for the next evening?
As this is an airport hotel, guests are arriving around the clock. They can easily clean up the room between 4 and 5 PM and sell it to someone arrving latter on in the evening/night.

I also called the Hyatt Regency and their day rate came to around 20% cheaper than the online nightly rate.
Old May 12, 2009, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Rebooking a stay at Hilton ORD - can it be done?

I don't normally venture into this section of flyer talk, but figured it was worth a try to just see, and my apologies if this isn't really the intended purpose of this forum.

First I admit, I am 100% at fault, but I am just curious if I have any options. I recently booked a hotel at Hilton ORD, but realized I would need to cancel. I forgot to cancel before cancellation period expired. Do I have any options to recoupe my lossed booking? Not looking for a refund, but would love to be able to shift my date to another weekend instead.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 12, 2009, 5:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

Has the date for your stay passed? If the stay is in the future, you should call the hotel and ask for their reservations department. Explain that you'd like to shift the date of your reservation, tell them you know that the rate is nonrefundable, but it would really be helpful to you if you could change the date you are there. Odds are reasonably good that they will work with you.
Old May 12, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Has the date for your stay passed? If the stay is in the future, you should call the hotel and ask for their reservations department. Explain that you'd like to shift the date of your reservation, tell them you know that the rate is nonrefundable, but it would really be helpful to you if you could change the date you are there. Odds are reasonably good that they will work with you.

It did already pass, which is why I think I might be out of luck...
Old May 12, 2009, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It still can't hurt to call them to ask f you can apply the amount you paid towards a future stay (or perhaps half of it).
Old Aug 3, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
what's everyone's experience with gold upgrades at hilton o'hare?

i've only had two experiences there, but first time, it was a free upgrade to a "premium" room (which seemed like a standard hhonors floor room?), second time, it was a "special offer" from the check-in guy to upgrade me to a "home theater suite" for $25 (a sum which was written on a business card and shown to me without him mentioning the price). i told him i wasn't interested, and he offered to take it down another $5. ultimately, i declined.

i didn't think it was standard practice to offer to sell an upgrade to gold members.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 1:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
This is an easy one to handle in my experience. Ask "So you have some of these rooms availble?" They will say yes and my response has been "Thats great you will be able offer me one of those under the terms of HHonors as a free upgrade, so you don't need to worry about the charge."

This usually stops them in their tracks - maybe they call they checkin supervisor but I get my upgrade.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I just stayed at the Ohare Hilton last weekend and I really liked the hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly throughout the property. I reserved a King Jr. Suite Theatre Room and was upgraded to a two room corner suite. When I had problems getting online, Customer Relations sent somebody to my room right away and he spent 30 minutes trying to correct the problem. Eventually I had to switch rooms to get better reception but every staff member I came into contact with were courteous and professional. The rooms were nice and the plasma TVs were fantastic. I prefer this hotel over the Drake, the Palmer House, and the Chicago Hilton.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
This thread is a year old and so I am bumping it to request updated information on the ORD Hilton. How are Diamonds treated? Is there an executive lounge? How are the restaurants for dinner (I'll be overnighting before an early morning flight)? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.