Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2005, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FWIW, there's also an airport location of that venerable Chicago institution The Berghoff in the UA domestic terminal.

If you have time you could always take the el downtown. There are lots of good places within easy walking distance of the el. Ann Sather's Belmont location is right next to the el. It's a bit of a ride from ORD, though.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Many Others
Harry Caray's Steak house in the Holiday Inn Select Rosemont is one of my favorites. http://www.harrycarays.com.

Nick's Fish Market is in the next building so if that is your preference you could take whichever hotel shuttle comes first.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
I have seen Nick's get very crowded during the week (seems like a lot of larger groups and expense account meals) but the food has always been very good. For price, think the Morton's Stekhouse range. I think you can eat in the bar area as well on a first-come basis, which may be a bit faster. Never done so myself.

Harry Caray's is a lively atmosphere. There, I have only ever eaten in the bar area (wow was it crowded when the White Sox were playing). Good size menu, a variety of beers and wine, though not as upscale as Nick's. They do offer a bunch of steaks and chops, as well as a bunch of different big dinner salads. Food has been consistently good.

The two are within a stone's throw of eachother. Enjoy whichever way you go.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
ORD Airport Hotel

I know I posted a similar thread a while ago, but I have a different question. I now reached Gold Status, and was wondering which airport ORD property is the best? I'd be staying Friday-Monday. Are my chances of an upgrade at the Hilton any good? Is the lounge open on the weekend? Am I better off at the Doulbetree or Garden Inn?

Thanks for any and all help.

-LV
Old Dec 22, 2005, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I find the the Hilton ORD is the most convenient (due to location of being connected to the main terminals and very close to the Blue Line train to downtown). It has pretty good facilities. It also has reasonably good Gold and Diamond treatment. The downside is parking costs more, but I don't know if that is an issue for you or not.

And if you want to save money, the Hilton ORD shows up on Priceline for very cheap ... but then you are technically not entitled to Gold benefits. But I know that my mileage with that really varies.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:17 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Parking is not an issue at all. Really all I need is access to the train. I just wondering with my freshly minted (well it hasn't arrived yet gold card) if the Hilton's lounge would be worth it.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:45 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by LV702
Parking is not an issue at all. Really all I need is access to the train. I just wondering with my freshly minted (well it hasn't arrived yet gold card) if the Hilton's lounge would be worth it.

There is NO lounge there. The TV was nice though - however food is ridiculously overpriced. Internet access was just terrible.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
No lounge, but Diamonds and Golds get free breakfast and 10% off from one of the restaurants/bars and a voucher for bottles of water and something else on occassion.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 1:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
There is NO lounge there. The TV was nice though - however food is ridiculously overpriced. Internet access was just terrible.
I stayed at the Hilton ORD earlier this month and found the internet connection as good as any other. However I must agree food was expensive in the main restuarants - however the sports bar had some reasonably priced offerings.

I stayed mid week and as a gold card member I asked about room upgrades and was told the standard room was the best they had. I suspect being mid week there were a lot of diamond members there that night.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 3:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Stayed many times at Hilton ORD as a Diamond member and while I always get the free water, and breakfast coupon I only stay at this property for one reason and that is location. The check in line is often a disaster with few agents and many guests who don't know what they are doing. Plus the costs for food is over the top, as noted by others.

In ORD I would rather go to Westin, but often don't want to take the bus because of travel times.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 4:33 am
TCP

Agree with ?u@Now (crazy name or bad typist)

The ORD Hilton has so many people staying the one night, the check-in/out is bad, and the service is below other Hiltons.

Last time had chareges appear on my credit card a month later and they could not even tell me what it was for.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:57 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
ORD Hilton - Health club access

Is the health club at the bottom of the ORD Hilton owned and operated by the hilton? Would a diamond Honors member get complimentary use of it?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Yes, it is Hilton's. As a guest, and Diamond, I always have been given free access. I know you can buy a one time pass if you are a passenger with a layover of a few hours, but free access I don't know about.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
thanks, thats just what I was hoping to hear, I was referring to if I was a guest of the hotel. It never crossed my mind if I was just on a layover, I'm curious as to what they'd charge?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; SPG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Charge for package delivery at O'Hare Hilton

The following letter that I sent to the Hilton Diamond e-mail address explains it all...

Dear sir or madam,

I will start by saying that I am a very frequent traveler. I stay in hotels an average of 200 nights per year. I am in both Hilton’s and Starwood’s top frequent stayer tiers. I have traveled nearly every week for the last ten years, so I have seen just about everything.

I encountered a new situation at the O’Hare Hilton tonight, though. Namely, I had an express package sent to me in care of the hotel, and, until I protested, I was going to be billed $5.50 for the privilege of having said package handed to me. At most hotels, the package would have been delivered to my room prior to my returning for the day, and at no charge. In the case of the O’Hare Hilton, I was required to personally appear at the “Business Center” in the basement of the hotel to receive the package. Furthermore, the O’Hare Hilton has outsourced its express package receiving function to the UPS Store, which is the reason for the “hand off” fee.

When I protested the fee, the clerk in the UPS Store stated that they were not affiliated with the hotel. My question to you is if the UPS Store is not affiliated with the hotel, why are they allowed to receive shipments specifically addressed to the Hilton hotel? The person that shipped the express package addressed it to me, in care of the Hilton…not to the “O’Hare UPS Store.”

I will likely be working and staying in the O’Hare airport area of Chicago for the next several months, and my stays will be for four nights a week. I will assure you that if you continue to charge for delivery of mail, express letters, or express packages that I will be moving my business to a Starwood hotel in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.