Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2002, 7:27 am

Hilton ORD Airport - This would put a smile on any HHonors member's face...

The hotel has a seperate HHonors desk now at the corner of the lobby. While checking in at 8:00p on Monday for one night, I checked in at the HHonors desk.

To my delight, they had an envelope ready for me with my room key, 2 breakfast coupons, free bottles of water coupons(minibar) and some extra ones. The total check in process took less than a minute.

Seems normal right. The catch is that it was a Priceline reservation and I never called in to put my HHonors number on file. As I have stayed more than 10+ times at the hotel this year, the reservation system automatically matched the name and address and put the HHonors number on file.

As always, another flawless stay this year.

This was in the travel section of USA-Today today...

Hotel hospitality

That's what Sheraton is hoping. Since Starwood Hotels & Resorts — which owns Westin, W and St. Regis hotels — acquired the Sheraton brand in 1998, it has failed to win back travelers despite spending more than $1 billion on renovations.

Sheraton developed the Sheraton Service Promise and trained its entire North American staff over several weeks to kick off the program after Labor Day. The Promise guarantees that if a guest is not satisfied in any way during a stay, Sheraton will immediately offer an instant discount, points in its frequent-stay program or money back.

"Instead of just fixing the problem, we're bringing it to the next level to make sure the guest is happy. A happy guest is going to come back," says Debbie Babar, director of rooms for the Sheraton New York.

Hilton Hotels, whose brands include Doubletree and Hampton Inn, rolled out a customer service skills program for all its employees earlier this year. Called Ultimate Service, its goals are to personalize service and anticipate guest requests.

At check-in, Hilton agents now have a lot more information about that guest, such as how many times that person has stayed at a Hilton in the past year. Front desks stock preprinted directions to the airport, local attractions and restaurants. If a guest has a problem during a stay, employees are trained to fix the problem, then offer the guest a reward, such as a free dessert through room service.

Training includes stress-buster tips for employees, both on the job and away from work. Hilton revamped its employee-recognition program, Spirit of Pride, so more employees are rewarded each year for outstanding customer service, as well as for money saving ideas and community service. "Happier people give better service," says Jim Hartigan, Hilton's senior vice president of Customer Quality and Performance Support.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 9:55 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Thanks for posting this. It's good (great!) to hear.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 10:33 pm

good to here there are some great HH properties out there.

Too bad there was no Ultimate Service at the ES in Walnut Creek, CA. They are badly in need of training...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005305.html
Old Sep 30, 2002, 4:50 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Hilton ORD - as a Diamond

Questions re: Hilton Chicago O'Hare as a Diamond:

1. Is there an Exec. Lounge? If so, is there both breakfast and evening stuff?

2. Is there an indoor pool and jacuzzi?

3. Upgrade experiences as a Diamond?

Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
1. No lounge. You will get a certificate for continental breakfast downstairs at the restaurant. You can also apply the cost of continental breakfast towards other items on the menu. The berries, granola and yogurt bowl is excellent!

2) They have a little lap pool down in the health club you can use. I don't remember if they have a jacuzzi, too.

3) As I diamond I have been upgraded to a "sleep tite" room - a regular sized room with enviromental toys such as an alarm that slowly turns on a light rather that beeping, a full spectrum light, one of those "sit up in bed" pillow things, a cd player with calming music, and I think there was some other things, too.

You will also get a card good for one bottle of water out of the minibar.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 7:33 am

Just want to confirm... I have had the same experience as a Diamond on two occasions.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 9:04 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Thanks - I appreciate the info.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Was upgraded once to a "better" room.. Didn't remember its name, but i think it's the one tvelinsk mentioned. And, Hubby got upgraded to a junior suite this past week (as diamond).

Again, no lounge and used the breakfast coupon downstairs. Good luck.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 11:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
In Room Fitness -- anywhere else but ORD?

Staying at the Chicago O'Hare Hilton tonight and just noticed that they have "In Room Fitness" (a personal treadmill in the room, or you can have one delivered to your room for $15). Evidently they've had them for a few months now.

Anyone used them? Know if this is available at other Hiltons?

If it weren't so late I would have requested one, but definitely will next time (I'd prefer over having to go down to the gym). Sounds like a good idea to me, and would like to use it elsewhere if available?
Old Jan 24, 2003, 9:00 am

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
O'Hare Hilton

Anyone had any recent stays here?

What kind of shape are the rooms in, and how big?
Old Jan 24, 2003, 9:43 am

I last stayed there in April, 2002. The rooms on the Hhonors floor are average or better in size - the last one I had featured some sort of exercise equipment that looked like a big elastic band.

I had an evening layover in ORD and so I took the blue line subway to downtown for $1.50. It takes about 45 minutes, but otherwise your food choices are somewhat limited at the airport. My employer paid for the cab ride back which was $30, and took about 25 minutes at 11PM.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:47 am

Programs: Nowt
I stayed there three times in 2002, the most recent being in October, and the hotel is in pretty good shape. I was given an executive room, which was a fair size, but with a very small bathroom.

The Sports Bar downstairs is pretty good, and not overpriced as hotels go. Beware that the opening times printed in your room guide are not accurate, and if they are quiet, they will shut early.

All in all, pretty good value and a great location.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 8:43 am

we have stayed there a few times at the expense of united airlines..we were pleasantly surprised...decent restaurant with some good value..

what i liked best was being able to walk thru directly from airport without going outside...thru safe and well lit tunnels
Old Jan 25, 2003, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Stayed there last month, as a diamond upgraded to a small suite. I have stayed here many times over the years and I like it. Location,location,location you cant beat it if your flying in or out with a short layover. If your into working out the health club (with indoor pool and spa)is one of the best I have ever seen at a hotel.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
The hotel is in ok shape. The palce sees a huge amount of traffic and it shows. Hilton does however keep it up as best they can. The gym is great and the food pretty good. Same goes for the Hilton LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.