Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:30 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ozstamps
I had 3 stays there last year.
Which you told us about in great detail last year (August 2012). I'm not sure that repeating the rant adds anything.

An additional thought for rolltide2: The two main attractions of the Hilton, HGI and Sheraton at FRA are (i) you can walk to/from the main airport terminals without going outside and (ii) they're extremely convenient if you're arriving or leaving by mainline train.

If you're arriving/leaving by taxi then you might be just as happy in another hotel. Depending on your priorities, that other hotel could be less expensive and/or in a location where you can have a more enjoyable evening.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:05 am

IMH, thanks. I thought about that last night. I think we'll probably stay put at the Airport Hilton and do the walk. We have no mobility issues; I was just hoping there was an easier way to get from the hotel to the FCT without going to T1 first. Thanks to you and newbierunner for all your prompt responses.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:14 am
IMH

Originally Posted by rolltide2
I was just hoping there was an easier way to get from the hotel to the FCT without going to T1 first.
You might be imagining things to be worse than they are, which wouldn't be surprising if you've connected through FRA in the past and found it thoroughly confusing (and different every time you pass through).

The good news is that to get to the FCT you aren't really going through T1, just entering it via a covered pedestrian bridge, descending two levels and then leaving the building on the same side you came in.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
A pictorial guide on how to walk from the Hilton to the FCT coming up when I have the time.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:48 am

You're probably right. I tend to be a nervous Nellie at times. And I guess a part of me (a part I'm not proud of) wanted to be dropped off at the door to the FCT since it will likely be the last time I'm allowed in. Anyway, I now will eagerly (and patiently) await your pictorial instructions from the Hilton to the FCT. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by rolltide2
You're probably right. I tend to be a nervous Nellie at times. And I guess a part of me (a part I'm not proud of) wanted to be dropped off at the door to the FCT since it will likely be the last time I'm allowed in.
If you want to arrive in style you should perhaps stay further away from the airport so you don't have to bribe a taxi driver to take you there.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:01 pm

Walking from FRA Hilton/HGI to the First Class Terminal

I've at last put some photos together as a pictorial guide for walking from the Hilton/HGI Frankfurt Airport to the Lufthansa First Class Terminal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2628497...3575854/detail

Unfortunately some photos are out-dated. I will try and get some new photos of T1 if I have the time when I go through FRA in a couple of weeks.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 11:00 am

You are the BEST! Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I've at last put some photos together as a pictorial guide for walking from the Hilton/HGI Frankfurt Airport to the Lufthansa First Class Terminal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2628497...3575854/detail

Unfortunately some photos are out-dated. I will try and get some new photos of T1 if I have the time when I go through FRA in a couple of weeks.
During a layover last week I managed to take some more photos to replace outdated ones. They can be found at the same URL as before.

Now I'll have to do a guide on how to get from FRA T1 to the Hilton/HGI.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:04 am

This is really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to do it. With this in hand, I'm no longer concerned about the walk to the FCT.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:43 pm
IMH

Following up on discussion above: our visitor took a taxi from the FRA Hilton to the FCT yesterday morning. She reports that the driver seemed very happy to take her, that he'd made exactly the same trip the last time he picked up a passenger at the Hilton and that he'd complained about "stupid" people trying to reach the FCT on foot after exiting T1 on the "Departures" level (where there is only a road and no path/pavement/sidewalk for pedestrians).

The fare on the meter was just under 10 EUR.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
... he'd complained about "stupid" people trying to reach the FCT on foot after exiting T1 on the "Departures" level (where there is only a road and no path/pavement/sidewalk for pedestrians).
Because they hadn't consulted my guide.

I'm glad to hear taxi drivers are happy to take people to the FCT from the Hilton/HGI.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:17 pm
IMH

Because they hadn't consulted my guide.
... a truly excellent guide which can now be advertised as an aid to not being thought stupid (or run over) by FRA taxi drivers!

I'm glad to hear taxi drivers are happy to take people to the FCT from the Hilton/HGI.
They're especially happy when the tip more than doubles the base fare (which, frankly, should be the minimum recommendation on this trip).
Old Dec 14, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Just stayed there overnight. The rooms a pretty small, and the one I got was facing inwards the building.

Since I m HH Diamond I was upgraded to the Executive floor, the lounge was solid but really nothing to write home about.

But the biggest drawback at the hotel where the staff at checkin / checkout. On check-in they gave me the wrong room (wrong bed type & Welcome letter for another guest where in the room). When I called reception, the answer was pretty much: "Why hassle me? You have a room, you got an upgrade - where is the point".

When checkout I asked for the correction of my address, which was a question too much. The reply was "Couldn´t you asked this at checkin?"

Then I was asked if they can use my Visa card for the payment, I told them that I would prefer the payment in cash. The answer was: "Sure you can, then I will transfer your money back to the Visa card - this will last a few days".

So why ask me for the choice of payment, when you already used my creditcard. Just very poor service.

I rarely complain about hotels, and I stay about 100 nights a year in decent hotels all over the world, but this was just too far away from what I expect. Given the fact that this was my first experience a Diamond I could not see any difference in treatment - but I have four more nights with Hilton in 2013.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Am I likely to get upgraded to a room with lounge access as a gold?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.