Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

... didn't find this posted:

Hilton is going to build to new hotels at FRA Airport. It will be called AIRRAIL-CENTER, next to FRA on the roof of the train station.

The article is in German, but the pictures are nice.

http://www.manager-magazin.de/life/f...423034,00.html
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:21 pm
cjd

Just in the last couple of days, I think this post refers to the same new building of a Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn at Frankfurt Airport, sharing some facilities:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572160
Old Jun 25, 2006, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cjd
Just in the last couple of days, I think this post refers to the same new building of a Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn at Frankfurt Airport, sharing some facilities:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572160
Yes, the other post, which I was not aware of, refers to the same building.

Hilton will auf allein 30.000 Quadratmetern neben einem Fünf-Sterne-Luxushotel auch ein preiswerteres Hotel betreiben.
The article in manager-magazine mentions only two Hilton hotels, no names: One 5-star and one with lower prices...
Old Jun 25, 2006, 2:33 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I hope that they kep the glass dome thingy that covers the FRA rail station waiting area. It gives me a moment of Zen to arrive on my transcon and them get to see the great outdoors while waiting for my train there (even if it is raining).
Old Jun 25, 2006, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Excellent news. I am probably going to start using FRA a lot; I love Hiltons.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 2:16 pm
alc

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Was researching for my trip next year and found this hotel. It state the following at the top of the page:

This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival March 1, 2012 and beyond

Does anyone have any more info about this hotel? Was it a re-branded hotel? Or is it a brand-new hotel, as I can't find any review on Trip Advisor.

I did a few search but can't seem to find any info. If there are some existing info, please help direct me to that posts.

Thanks.

alc
Old Jun 12, 2011, 2:41 pm

It is a brand new hotel and they have been working on it for I think 2 years or more. Must have had problems since it was originally supposed to be open early this year. It is above the ICE train terminal in the airport.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
There will also be a new Hilton Garden Inn opening right next door at the same time.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Hopefully this will bring down the rates at the airport Sheraton!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 4:04 pm

I'll let you know when they are finally ready to open. Don't expect them to open this year at all!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
It looks huge. We drove by it a few weeks ago on our way in and out of the airport. I hope we can use it next time we fly in/out of Frankfurt. We did enjoy staying in Mainz though.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:30 pm
alc

Thanks for everyone quick respond. Our trip is next year - end of March. So hopefully they will not delay again. Initially, was going to stay either the Sheraton or the HI nearby, but I do not have status with SPG any more. Also rather stay at a hotel that link to the airport that can walk over waiting for shuttle bus.

Thanks.

Last edited by alc; Jun 12, 2011 at 11:17 pm
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:16 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by servus
I'll let you know when they are finally ready to open. Don't expect them to open this year at all!
But I have a reservation there in December 2011! They were taking reservations for September/October onwards earlier this year.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
hear, hear!

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Hopefully this will bring down the rates at the airport Sheraton!
Yes, the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport could definitely use a little competition... their rates are frequently outrageous - though their lounge is very good. Am very much looking forward to the new Hilton properties!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
But I have a reservation there in December 2011! They were taking reservations for September/October onwards earlier this year.
We had a reservation for mid-September, and they moved us to the downtown Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.