Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by sof_lance
Room I picked was facing North, the forest with Frankfurt city line in the background.
That view of the forest is nice to look at, after being in the airport and/or city...

I noticed this in the HGI FRA (adjacent to the Hilton) restaurant downstairs when having breakfast - was calming.

Hilton doesn't seem to upgrade Diamonds to suites any longer it appears. (As compared to 3 years ago...)
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport

Index to Genius1 Trip Reports

I stayed for one night in July at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, and since I took a few photos I thought I'd post them here (if not write a full review). The property is in a 'just OK' location, quite some walk from the main T1 building, above the Frankfurt Airport Train Station and in the same building as the 'main' Hilton Frankfurt Airport. I was expecting the walk to be shorter, and the signage to be better.

The property is in decent shape for one 11 years old and is decorated in typical HGI style - functional, but far from stylish. The trademark pantry next to reception was available, where mineral water could be purchased. Despite quite a long wait for check-in I was soon in my top floor standard room with a curious curved ceiling and a decent enough view over the airport, albeit mostly blocked by the Sheraton. One of the benefits of sharing a building with the 'main' Hilton is that the rooms at the HGI are slightly better appointed than a typical HGI property, albeit are on the small side.

The bathroom had a shower over the bath and that most horrid of hotel room features - a shower curtain. Amenities were the usual Hilton ones by Crabtree and Evelyn. There were no face cloths or slippers, although the latter could be purchased from the reception pantry.

Breakfast at the hotel's restaurant area was adequate but felt a little like dining in a school cafeteria; this is one area which definitely felt more HGI than Hilton.

On balance, this was a straightforward enough stay in a decent room at a property not pretending to be anything more than it is.

Last edited by Genius1; Dec 22, 2022 at 1:25 pm
Old Dec 20, 2022, 12:20 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The walk is not that far, this is one of the nearest hotel to T1. And is accessible via a 100% covered walk.
I would like them to renovate the bathroom, apart from that they should change nothing, as the property is closed to perfect for a night before/after a flight. Price is often but not always good. Service is usually quite good, they regularly take me take an item from the pantry for free.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 7:58 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by fransknorge
The walk is not that far, this is one of the nearest hotel to T1. And is accessible via a 100% covered walk.
I would like them to renovate the bathroom, apart from that they should change nothing, as the property is closed to perfect for a night before/after a flight. Price is often but not always good. Service is usually quite good, they regularly take me take an item from the pantry for free.

agree about the walk, but I advise just heading to the long haul station along the walkway (signage good) and presto when you arrive at the station just look to your right about 1/2 flit there are both Hiltons.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, base with everyone else
Hilton Frankfurt Airport / HGI Frankfurt Airport Sold Out a year in advance

Hi All -

I am trying to see if anyone has any insight on what’s going on with Hilton Frankfurt Airport and Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport availability.

I was checking them out for beginning of Jan 2025 and both of them are sold out. Is that typical for these both hotels to be sold out that far in advance?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Probably too soon. Many hotels outside the US don't release their availability a year in advance.
JJeffrey and FlyHighDude like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 1:22 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I recall for Hilton Munich Airport (yes, not FRA, but as an example) availability only started to appear like ~10 months out, so similar could happen at FRA. Keep checking once a week or so, it'll appear eventually.
FlyHighDude likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Noting that there's really no reason to be concerned about booking either property so far in advance, especially for a relatively low demand period.
JJeffrey and FlyHighDude like this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Any recent stay reports for the Hilton? I have stayed at the HGI many times as they are usually a bit cheaper and, frankly, perfectly fine for a quick one-night stay before an early morning flight. This time I have an expiring free night cert, so assuming availability I am leaning towards trying the Hilton. I am Diamond and likely would have time for a quick visit to the lounge for a night cap… and also time for a leisurely breakfast since my flight isn’t until 2pm. I am traveling solo, so room size is no factor.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:01 am

Programs: United Airlines
Question: Does anyone know if the Hilton Garden Inn offers a Dayroom option and rate? I do not see it mentioned on their website. I can/will contact the hotel directly but was wondering if anyone has experience. Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Mark Abdy
Question: Does anyone know if the Hilton Garden Inn offers a Dayroom option and rate? I do not see it mentioned on their website. I can/will contact the hotel directly but was wondering if anyone has experience. Thanks.
Yes they do. Most all Hilton's worldwide offer a day use rate.

And Hilton makes it very easy to book compared to others, you can easily search this online at Hilton's website or in the Hilton app, just select the same date for check-in and check-out, unselect 'use points', and search.

I've done day use rates at both the Hilton and HGI at FRA.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:35 am

Programs: United Airlines
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yes they do. Most all Hilton's worldwide offer a day use rate.

And Hilton makes it very easy to book compared to others, you can easily search this online at Hilton's website or in the Hilton app, just select the same date for check-in and check-out, unselect 'use points', and search.

I've done day use rates at both the Hilton and HGI at FRA.
Thanks -- that was easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.