Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Frankfurt Airport hotels

I searched for other threads but could only find one started in 2006, last posted in 2017. Didn't think it would be relevant for me.

I will be flying out of FRA soon on American Airlines and want to stay at the airport the night before my flight. I think I have stayed at both the Hilton and the HGI in the past, but this time, I will be arriving on the ICE train from Austria - does it make much difference which hotel I stay at?

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Both hotels are right next to each other in The squaire and above the ICE platforms connected to T1 ( the Hilton and HGI share the same gym).

I think AA leaves from T2 so you will need to get to T2 ( I used the landside shuttle train from T1 but it was a hike from the hotel with luggage). I think there is a bus transfer too.

Both are good hotels ( The Hilton has a good lounge) and I found the HGI room a little smaller than other HGIs but it was fine for 1 night)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:31 am

Thanks for the info. I think being diamond I will have free lounge / breakfast at either hotel, yes?

Yes, I do remember it being a bit of a walk...10 minutes? to get to the T2 AA check in area. I'm going to try this trip with only a carry on bag, so maybe it won't be so bad
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Yes, being Diamond will get you a room upgrade, lounge access and free breakfast (lounge or restaurant) at the Hilton. They will give you a little card showing all your benefits and timings of lounge and so on when you check in.
Best/shortest way to get from Hilton to T2 is across the walkway towards T1 then left down the escalators (one flight) to the bus that will transfer you to check-in level at T2.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I was given access to the EL at the Hilton even though I wasn't given a room on the EL floor (I was checking in early and was thrilled to get a room by 10AM). I am a HH Gold.

I really liked the Hilton. It was really quiet, the rooms were modern, the EL was really nice, and the location was pretty convenient to spend a couple of days in touring the surrounding area by train. The front desk staff was great. The location right above the train station means there was a grocery store and some quick service eateries inside the same building. I didn't mind the walk to the main airport terminals. I didn't mind the walk to the S Bahn trains either.

The windows would open, but the building is in another building, so there was no outside air. I was there in the summer and it was pretty comfortable climate control.

I would definitely stay there again if the price was right. It was really high this summer, so I stayed at the Hilton Garden Frankfurt City.
infinite97 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:20 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I stay very frequently in both hotels. They are adjacent and both the same distance from the ICE track (one minute). The HGI does not give you access to the lounge, the Hilton will. They share the same gym, breakfast free for both. They are similar enough except the Hilton room are nice, but as I usually spend one night before an early flight it does not matter that much to me. My personal rule is to take the HGI unless the Hilton rate is less than 15 EUR difference.

To to go to T2 you need to take the bus or the landslide shuttle train. If you have little luggage I recommend the train, much more reliable than the bus. It is easy from the hotels: go towards T1, follow sign for the B area, go down two escalators, turn left, follow B area signs, go up one escalator, follow signs to T2 shuttle.
Cymro and infinite97 like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:12 am

Thanks guys, i really appreciate it!
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:38 am

Would people say the Hilton was better than the Sheraton? I wasn't that impressed with the Hilton last time and thought the room a bit meh and the exec lounge offering (non alcohol) stingy.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
quick stay report - stayed at the HGI on 9/6 - very nice room - I was impressed with the soundproofing of windows and doors - didn't notice planes, road traffic or other guests at all. Decent breakfast buffet. Bus to Terminal 2 was easy.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Good evening. Just posting the latest Executive Lounge spreads as of 9/10/18. Hope this helps anyone staying here.

zap7 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:50 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

I did not see this reported yet: a Hampton by Hilton is under construction in the Gateway Gardens, near the Holiday Inn.This should provide an extra alternative to the HGI for hopefully a competitive rate. I really hope they will do a better job with the airport shuttle than the Holiday Inn and Park Inn, which are very unreliable.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I did not see this reported yet: a Hampton by Hilton is under construction in the Gateway Gardens, near the Holiday Inn.This should provide an extra alternative to the HGI for hopefully a competitive rate. I really hope they will do a better job with the airport shuttle than the Holiday Inn and Park Inn, which are very unreliable.
According to this article the new Hampton will be at Thea-Rauscher-Strasse 4 which makes it one of the closest hotels in the Gateway Gardens to FRA T2. It looks like easily walkable from T2.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:13 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

I had to book a few stays at FRA for Q1 2019 and the Hampton by Hilton was proposed, it seems it will open early 2019. Rate was typically around 85 EUR, so 10 EUR less than the HGI.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Just noticed the Hampton FRA as well when searching for a stay at the end of January 2019. Hilton rate is Euro 230, HGI Euro 170 and Hampton Euro 99..... so a big difference! I wonder what will happen if I book and then the opening is pushed back as I need to stay just a couple of days after the proposed Jan. 27 opening date.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
Just noticed the Hampton FRA as well when searching for a stay at the end of January 2019. Hilton rate is Euro 230, HGI Euro 170 and Hampton Euro 99..... so a big difference! I wonder what will happen if I book and then the opening is pushed back as I need to stay just a couple of days after the proposed Jan. 27 opening date.
Check an earlier discussion in this thread when the Hilton and HGI at FRA did not open as advertised. Expected opening dates announced were (not necessarily in that order):

March 2011
September 2011
October 2011
December 2011
March 2012
May 2012
June 2012

and they eventually opened in late-December 2011.

I had a non-refundable pre-paid reservation at the HGI for December 2011 which I managed to book during the January 2011 sale when they were accepting reservations for my dates. I was transferred to the Hilton in the city which suited me better. I don’t think I was asked to pay extra.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.