Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geilux
I stayed here on Friday 27th.

I am not Diamond anymore so I had paid breakfast in the RISE Restaurant.

33 € per person and half price for our 8 years old daughter.

Service and quality are OK, but I do not remember having paid that much for a breakfast
Same price as the Sheraton.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Stayed at HGI Friday night (seems like longer ago than that after the long day of travel to get home). The room is smaller than the ones I've had at the Sheraton, but it's nice. Was not very busy so it was quiet.

Ate at the restaurant and had a pizza. Was okay.

No special treatment for diamond. Was offered one bottle of mineral water. When I asked for still, they did not have any though the restaurant does since I had it at dinner.

The shampoo and the lotion in the room had been used and not replaced. I called Guest Services and it took an hour to bring new ones.

Not sure if I would stay again or try the Hilton next time and at least be able to use the lounge.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
My suggestion as a member here: can we post in the existing FRA HGI or FRA Hilton threads to maintain consistency and member ease when searching, instead of posting here? IMO, the only post that makes sense here is aither a question asking which property one should stay or one making a side by side comparison.

(It also m akes more work for the forum moderators.)

Just a suggestion. Ta! 0

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 9, 2012 at 8:18 pm Reason: correct typos from using tablet
Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:03 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
can we post in the existing FRA HGI or FRA Hilton th,reads to maintbain consistency and member mease when searching, instead of posting here?
I've searched, several times, and can't find a better thread than this one for the two Frankfurt Airport properties. Could you perhaps point to the threads you mean, JDiver? Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
My suggestion as a member here: can we post in the existing FRA HGI or FRA Hilton th,reads to maintbain consistency and member mease when searching, instead of posting here?
IMHO this thread might still continue to exist because to some degree it mirrors real life situation with these two "Hilton Twins at FRA". Both hotels are not only located literally side by side at the same Squaire complex, they also share some resources, Ms. Eva Hotschicke is Reservations Manager both for Hilton Frankfurt Airport and Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, and so on. Besides, I suspect that some people will use both these hotels for "Hotel hopping" AKA "Mattress run" - I have already tried that, successfully Certainly everyone should clearly write in their posts which of these two hotels is mentioned.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
We stayed at the Hilton last week and had a good night's rest. The hotel was probably only 10% occupied, and when we checked in at 8pm there was only one sole person in the lobby bar and no one in the executive lounge. The rooms are small, but functional. The bathrooms need a bit of reconfiguring as the shower sprays all over the floor. Also, we could never find the TV volume control for the bathroom speaker, and it was turned up and just too loud. We found the lounge breakfast to be adequate and we were the only people in there at 8am.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: HHONORS, AA, Delta, Southwest, Avis, Emerald Club
Great hotels. I've stayed in both several times over the past three months. The Hilton seems to have relative low occupancy; I hardly see anyone in the lounge

Great properties, and very conveniently located.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SporkLover
Great hotels. I've stayed in both several times over the past three months. The Hilton seems to have relative low occupancy; I hardly see anyone in the lounge

Great properties, and very conveniently located.
With the rates, I'm not surprised. For my next stay at the HGI, the BAR is 119 EUR at the HGI, and 199 EUR at the Hilton. When staying at an aiport hotel, I'm mainly looking for ok rates, and with an HGI right next door at 119, I'm not going to pay 199 EUR for the Hilton.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 8:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I certainly concur with that - plus, if i want a fairly good meal, I can go to the Hilton's Rise restaurant and charge the meal to my room at the HGI.

Be aware - at Rise I received a gift of bread mix. This caused some extra time at Security whilst they tested the bag for explosive potential / chemical residue. If you do not have the time for that, merely decline the gift. (My neighbors have one of those automagic breadmakers - the bread was delicious!)

Originally Posted by martinfoss
With the rates, I'm not surprised. For my next stay at the HGI, the BAR is 119 EUR at the HGI, and 199 EUR at the Hilton. When staying at an aiport hotel, I'm mainly looking for ok rates, and with an HGI right next door at 119, I'm not going to pay 199 EUR for the Hilton.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Be aware - at Rise I received a gift of bread mix. This caused some extra time at Security whilst they tested the bag for explosive potential / chemical residue. If you do not have the time for that, merely decline the gift.
At FRA they recently had kind of heightened security (or maybe simply a drill) against explosives and tested lot of things... My camera bag had nothing food-related but was tested very carefully. Some extra time for security tests may bee needed anyway, with bread or without it...
Old May 9, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Does anyone know what time the lounge closes at the Hilton. We will be arriving around 7 pm, so checking in maybe 7:30 pm, and if the lounge is not serving food and wine after that time, we will probably go with the HGI.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Does anyone know what time the lounge closes at the Hilton. We will be arriving around 7 pm, so checking in maybe 7:30 pm, and if the lounge is not serving food and wine after that time, we will probably go with the HGI.
Yes - I was just there a few days ago. Lounge serves food and alcohol until 8pm and closes at 9. So if you hustle up there you should be fine.

It's not too good for early morning departures, though - does not open for breakfast until 7am - far too late for me last week with an 8am departure.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thanks. That's pretty tight timing. Right now the rates for the day I'm looking at are similar between the Hilton and the HGI, so we'll stick with the Hilton and watch if the rates change.
Old May 13, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Hitlon and Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport

Does anyone know if either of these properties has a swimming pool? There is conflicting info on various websites
For a 7 hour stay paying an overmnight rate, is there any advantage to the Hilton over the Hilton Garden Inn -especially if there is no pool - and a a HHonours Gold ?
Old May 13, 2012, 7:14 am

Re: Frankfurt Airport - Swimming Pool

Hi,
The Hilton at Frankfurt Airport does not have a Swimming Pool - one was originally planned but this was omitted at a late stage: there is however a Fitness Room with cardio machines and weights plus sauna and Guests from both hotels have access to this room.
The Guestrooms at the Hiton are larger and more comfortable than the Hilton Garden Inn and there is a large Executive Lounge in the Hilton.
Both hotels have their own Bar and Restaurant.
Hope that this brief email clarifies.
Regards,
KT56.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.