Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by FD1971
And this will be the main challenge for the Hilton...

With a HGI next door, priced between 35-40% below the Hilton, the room and lounge has to be amazing to attract the price-sensitive traveler, especially with some good food outlets within The Squaire complex as well.

Paying a difference of more than $ 100 to get a slighly better room, a few appetizers and maybe even an inferior breakfast selection in the Hilton Exec. Lounge in comparison to the HGI breakfast does not sound too attractive...
True.
We stayed at the HGI just for an overnight transit and for that, I see no reason to pay for a FS hotel - the free breakfast at HGI was good and ample, with custom made omelets etc as well as wide variety of other cold and hot offerings. If evening snacks are wanted, the Marketplace has good variety, including beer and wine, for reasonable prices, and there are the shops in the "Squaire" if you get in before they close.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 2:24 am

Recently stayed overnight. I'm a Diamond but was given only a regular king bed room on 8th floor and not one on an executive or higher floor Hotel had low occupancy that evening. Got a personalized card in room from hotel manager thanking me for being one of the first guests. 2 bottles of water and couple apples as amenity.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lskohn
True.
We stayed at the HGI just for an overnight transit and for that, I see no reason to pay for a FS hotel - the free breakfast at HGI was good and ample, with custom made omelets etc as well as wide variety of other cold and hot offerings. If evening snacks are wanted, the Marketplace has good variety, including beer and wine, for reasonable prices, and there are the shops in the "Squaire" if you get in before they close.
This is why it is an interesting concept and a great idea to me- there is a FS hotel for when you need one (i.e. for meetings), and for a brief transit there is the HGI. I think the mix is great- as I use FRA in both situations will probably mix it up a bit between the two. Nice to have a new alternative to the Sheraton.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The nearest restaurant is - Rise at the Hilton Hotel. It's actually a nice, upscale restaurant with nice ambiance, excellent service and very good food (and pricey). I enjoyed a meal of a very large, tasty mixed greens salad for €10, and some medium done tenderloin of venison, served with dumplings, carrots and turnips for €42. I also got a nice bag of fresh ciabatta with three toppings (including tapenade), more breads to chose from if desired, a small courtesy and very good cream of sweet potato soup (not a cup but larger than an amuse bouche), which I drank with a glass of decent Montepulciano d'Abruzzo. On the way out, I was given a half-kilo package of bread batter mix. I was able to bill the meal to my room at the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn with no problem.

Other items on the menu included breast of guineafowl and a number of other dishes that looked quite good.

In the Hilton Garden Inn next door there is a restaurant that is more typical HGI, lower prices of course. And nearby there are sit-down informal restaurants (Connections, for one,) and a Starbucks - more in Terminal 1, a short walk away.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
The nearest restaurant is - Rise at the Hilton Hotel. It's actually a nice, upscale restaurant with nice ambiance, excellent service and very good food (and pricey).
Where can I find pictures of the Rise Restaurant ?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by chad75
Checked in around 7.00 am on the 1st...
Thanks for your detailed post - very valuable and useful!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 4:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by geilux
Where can I find pictures of the Rise Restaurant ?
https://www.google.com/search?q=rise...w=1024&bih=460
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Staying at the HGI next week for one night. Got a rate of 94 Euros. Much cheaper than the Sheraton.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JackieC2
Staying at the HGI next week for one night. Got a rate of 94 Euros. Much cheaper than the Sheraton.
And much nicer. Congratulations on the great rate.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:24 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JackieC2
May I ask where you found the rate?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thru work travel department. Normally it's the same as the Hilton website. It's non-refundable.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by little_dc
I was there on Jan 1st and for Diamonds they are now offering breakfast in the resturant. It was very good and so was the service.
Stayed there in Hilton Frankfurt Airport one night Sat. 28 Jan. to Sun. 29 Jan. As Diamond was offered breakfast only in the lounge. At check-in I did ask specifically about breakfast in the restaurant and was told that no, I can only have breakfast in the lounge. Which I did... well, very mediocre breakfast, to put it mildly, and much worse than I had the day before at nearby Hilton Garden Inn. The lounge of Hilton FRA (and the Hotel as whole) was not full at all so I do not know the reason for denying breakfast at the restaurant.

Last edited by hbush; Jan 29, 2012 at 10:57 am Reason: Distinction between both Hilton FRA hotels
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hbush
breakfast at the restaurant.
I stayed here on Friday 27th.

I am not Diamond anymore so I had paid breakfast in the RISE Restaurant.

33 € per person and half price for our 8 years old daughter.

Service and quality are OK, but I do not remember having paid that much for a breakfast
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:52 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
this thread has been conflated with BOTH Hilton and HGI

We'll sort it out but in the meantime please be clear which hotel you are referring to.

thx

squeakr

co-mod HH
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
I stayed at the HGI FRA two weeks ago and liked it very much, especially because I only paid half of what the Sheraton charges. One thing to mention is that room service is only available after 5pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.