Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Currently writing from the FRA Hilton where I was upgraded to the exec floor. Room and lounge brand new of course and v pleasant.

The two hotels are alongside one another, both about 5 minutes walk from the terminal. Reckon it was worth the difference to stay at the actual Hilton, about $20 I think, because they found me a room at 8am.

Very happy, only one complaint, the Hilton has one of those thieving automatic-minibar-fridges with sensors and no room in it for your own stuff. [Each time you bump the fridge the sensors go off and charge you for drinks.]
Old May 13, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
thanks -ended up booking the hilton - look forwards to relaxing and catching some shuteye to minimize the jetlag
Old May 22, 2012, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
How long does it take to get into town using public transit on a Saturday night? Or is it better to stay at the Hilton Frankfurt? I assume that the airport area is pretty dull at night and my flight isn't until noon the following day.
Old May 22, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Boraxo
How long does it take to get into town using public transit on a Saturday night? Or is it better to stay at the Hilton Frankfurt? I assume that the airport area is pretty dull at night and my flight isn't until noon the following day.
Local train station is between Terminal 1 and Squaire building where both Hilton and HGI FRA Airport are located. Trains go quite often. It takes about 15 min to Hauptwache. Including walking time and buying ticket, might be about 30-40 min real time from the Hilton/HGI to the City Center.
The Squaire building itself is quite interesting. Executive Lounge of Hilton FRA is large and nice as well, incomparably better than EL at Hilton Frankfurt.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hbush
Local train station is between Terminal 1 and Squaire building where both Hilton and HGI FRA Airport are located. Trains go quite often. It takes about 15 min to Hauptwache. Including walking time and buying ticket, might be about 30-40 min real time from the Hilton/HGI to the City Center.
The Squaire building itself is quite interesting. Executive Lounge of Hilton FRA is large and nice as well, incomparably better than EL at Hilton Frankfurt.
I agree. However if flight is at noon, I would prefer to stay downtown. Square building is nice, but from a cultural point of view....
Old May 24, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by geilux
I agree. However if flight is at noon, I would prefer to stay downtown. Square building is nice, but from a cultural point of view....
Squaire certainly is mainly kind of functional building. It really is what it is - huge extension of a long distance train station That said, I like it a lot. But the decision where to stay depends from what the traveler wants to do in Frankfurt. For example, for 4 nights "big weekend" leisure trip I would plan 3 nights at Hilton Frankfurt (in the town) for cultural events, good dining, nice shopping etc., and the last night before the flight - at Hilton Frankfurt Airport, to relax in the big nice Lounge during the last evening, to attend the spa, and generally to be sure you are already almost at the Airport - despite traffic jams, possible city transportation trade union strikes, or police blocking local train station for whatever reasons (happened several times to me this year). When you stay at Hilton (or HGI) Frankfurt Airport, you practically will have no external reasons to be late for your flight ;-) Even Starbucks will be there on your short walking way to Terminal 1 (or further to T2 if you need).
Old May 24, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Try Mainz, much more fun than Frankfurt. 30 minutes by rail.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:08 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Finally (!) stayed at the HGI at FRA "The Squaire"

After being too fast and booking rooms here and at the Hilton next door back in 2011 which had to be cancelled when the openings were delayed, we finally stayed at the 'new' FRA Hilton Garden Inn this week. Twice, each time for one night.

No upgrade on either occasion, but of course that's not a Diamond benefit at HGIs. My "high room away from the lifts" request was honoured on both occasions: 10th floor rooms, both overlooking the adjoining forest.

The rooms are modern and fresh, but too small for the furniture that was squeezed into them (king-size bed, armchair and coffee table).

The rooms are decorated and furnished in typical HGI style but with more European/German elements (taps, wash basin) and are generally better finished than is usually the case in the USA -- the bathroom tiling was really well done, for example. The windows effectively excluded noise from outside, including noise from aircraft that were fairly close.

The buffet breakfast was fine and is attractive enough if you have Gold or Diamond status and get it free. Otherwise there are plenty of breakfast options nearby where you can get a coffee, juice and bite to eat for a third of the price (20.95 EUR) the HGI would charge you.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
Yes - I was just there a few days ago. Lounge serves food and alcohol until 8pm and closes at 9. So if you hustle up there you should be fine.

It's not too good for early morning departures, though - does not open for breakfast until 7am - far too late for me last week with an 8am departure.
This isn't true, at least as of our stay June 5. Breakfast started at 6:30. We debated over eating at the Executive Lounge or at the LH "C" lounge. Hands down, the Executive Lounge was better.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by martinfoss

With the rates, I'm not surprised. For my next stay at the HGI, the BAR is 119 EUR at the HGI, and 199 EUR at the Hilton.

When staying at an aiport hotel, I'm mainly looking for ok rates, and with an HGI right next door at 119, I'm not going to pay 199 EUR for the Hilton.
I plan a stay for very early August and see 113 Euro pre-paid rate including all taxes and fees it seems - that seems pretty good to me. Anyway booked it fast!

Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
On several occasions, I have found the Hilton to be cheaper than the HGI - which it should be, as the HGI provides free WIFI. At the Hilton, you have to pay through the nose.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
The Hilton has a lounge though, correct?

And a Diamond I think (hope!) WiFi is free there?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
The Hilton has a lounge though, correct?
And a Diamond I think (hope!) WiFi is free there?
Yes, Hilton Frankfurt Airport (at Squaire) has big and nice lounge. Wireless internet access is quite good and indeed free of charge for Diamonds.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by hbush
Yes, Hilton Frankfurt Airport (at Squaire) has big and nice lounge. Wireless internet access is quite good and indeed free of charge for Diamonds.
Unfortunately, my travel patterns do not enable me to stay in Hiltons often enough to reach that exalted status.

Any idea when the Juba Hilton will open?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
WiFi is free everywhere in the Hilton Family for Diamonds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.