Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2004, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKEM:
My vacation planning is at least four months in advance and all we can see is a very limited domestic offering out to June? </font>
There now seems to be availability - albeit limited - through the end of the year.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 7:33 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milesmilesmiles:

There now seems to be availability - albeit limited - through the end of the year.</font>
That may well be true, but they still are dropping the ball.

What do I mean?

Well for example, there are four (4) properties that I am most interested in on P/S and they show up as being designated as P/S properties some time during this year.

What are these four properties?

Well the two (2) Hilton hotels in Hawaii are listed as participating on P/S , but darned if I know when they are -- and yes, I went through every point stretcher month and input HI - - and still nothing!!

In addition to the above, the same situation obtains with respect to the D/T Guest Suites Charleston, SC and the E/S Suites Alexandria, VA.

So, Adam, when are the exalted dates for these hotels??

By the way, it also has not escaped my notice that the date of P/S Documents obtainable in PDF format is the same as the date I started my thread -- An Open Letter to Adam Burke.

Coincidence? I think not.

[This message has been edited by NJUPINTHEAIR (edited Mar 03, 2004).]
Old Mar 3, 2004, 8:26 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NJUPINTHEAIR:
...there are four (4) properties that I am most interested in on P/S and they show up as being designated as P/S properties some time during this year.
Well the two (2) Hilton hotels in Hawaii are listed as participating on P/S, but darned if I know when they are -- and yes, I went through every point stretcher month and input HI - - and still nothing!!
</font>
I, too, have found ridiculously limited availability. One location (either in OH or Staten Island - can't remember which) had no PS availability until November! I just hope I can burn my points with Scandic in BRU...

Old Mar 3, 2004, 8:54 pm
Suspended

LGA:

I understand, but the above is not a question of limited availability but of no availability, regardless of the fact that the PDF P/S sheet for the respective property lists them as participating in P/S!!
Old Mar 3, 2004, 8:58 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Basically, this is all messed up.

I am very disappointed.

This is being handled as if a three-year old was in charge.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 9:26 pm
Suspended

They certainly didn't have any trouble listing the black out dates and the "Senior HHonors" black out dates through 2005, however.

Have I said the Conrad list is a joke? Oh yes, I have.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
When I go to the Hilton Honors tab, then select Hotel Rewards, then go to Look Up Point Stretcher Dates, then Select a State, I end up with a list of hotels for that state that are available for Point Stretchers, right? How do you know the number of points required? Where does it tell you the category of the hotel? Can you book these rewards online?
Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:04 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:

They certainly didn't have any trouble listing the black out dates and the "Senior HHonors" black out dates through 2005, however.

</font>
That is a truly excellent point!

Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:55 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
Basically, this is all messed up.

I am very disappointed.

This is being handled as if a three-year old was in charge.
</font>
Did somebody say Bora Bora sounds like the same fiasco to me...
Old Mar 4, 2004, 8:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thezipper:
Did somebody say Bora Bora sounds like the same fiasco to me...</font>
This HHonors fiasco is far worse. This affects every HHonors member. The SPG Bora Bora fiasco only affected a select group and those interested in redeeming only at Bora Bora.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 11:05 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKEM:
When I go to the Hilton Honors tab, then select Hotel Rewards, then go to Look Up Point Stretcher Dates, then Select a State, I end up with a list of hotels for that state that are available for Point Stretchers, right? How do you know the number of points required? Where does it tell you the category of the hotel? Can you book these rewards online?</font>
Category is found on the hotel's website: click "Hilton HHonors" in the left margin to see the category

Category is also included in BlondeBomber's spreadsheet/access database (do a search on FT or in Google).

Points required by category is found on the Reward Chart where you originally started your search.

You can now book rewards online at http://beta.hilton.com - N.B. You must be signed in to have reward booking available. There is a seperate thread where people have been talking about their experiences with the beta site.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rut Dog:
[b]
Originally posted by MIKEM:
b]</font>

Category is found on the hotel's website: click "Hilton HHonors" in the left margin to see the category

Category is also included in BlondeBomber's spreadsheet/access database (do a search on FT or in Google).

Points required by category is found on the Reward Chart where you originally started your search.

You can now book rewards online at http://beta.hilton.com - N.B. You must be signed in to have reward booking available. There is a seperate thread where people have been talking about their experiences with the beta site.
Thank you Rut Dog!
This makes all the difference.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 4:10 pm

Are Point Strecher Level 1 Gone?

Are Point Strecher Level 1 Gone? Is this just a current situation or are they gone for good. Tons of Old Hiltons and Hamptons are level 1's. I checked all months and not a single Hampton Inn for eight months on the point strecher list

[This message has been edited by milesrus (edited Mar 11, 2004).]
Old Mar 11, 2004, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold

The hamptons are delayed for no known reason. Speculation is that as many as 200 Hamptons will be sold off.

As far as we can tell... level 1 hotels will not be discounted in the future. Oh well!

Old Mar 11, 2004, 9:02 pm

I was never able to find any Cat 1 Hampton Inns in the northeast. Actually there were some brand new Cat 1 Hampton Inns in Ohio.

I think eliminating the Cat 1 Point strecher award stinks. All travel companies should have some lower threshold awards besides magazine subscriptions.

For example the lower threshold 5000 mile conversion option from AA to Hilton Honors has made me more loyal to AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.