Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2004, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
50% Fewer Point Stretchers than Last Year?

That's my conservative estimate, based on trolling through the offerings for some key cities. Plus......higher paid rates lots of places, and a requirement to book via Hilton websites to get credit. Do folks agree?
Old Aug 24, 2004, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Yes, this is agreed. Also, there has been fewer promotions to earn points this year and the GLON went up 75%.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 3:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Hard to agree with only 50% -- I'd think it's worse than that.

Definitely, a number of hotels have 100% less PointStretchers, since they're not offering any all year long. Reductions in North American promos. The silent editing of the T&Cs, too. I'm still very happy with HHonors and especially with the hotels I frequent, but I do wonder if, at a larger level, there's not a slow squeeze starting to take place.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:14 am

With a doubling of points required for a free night and 1/2 or less availability in pointstretchers awards, the Hilton program is roughly 1/4 of its old self. I understand that this dog of a program actually lets it member buy almost all the points necessary for an award. Like the airlines selling miles at extremely high prices, Hilton is more than willing to do the same. At 1/2 of its old self, it was time to leave.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 7:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, UA 2P, US Dirt (Yay!)
I disagree with your conclusion but agree that the devaluation is frustrating. Not only does it take more points to get free nights, but the points have been slower in coming lately. No more bonus points after 4 stays, no more promotions (I didn't get the targeted one... Blech)

I wonder if enough of us tell them, "Hey, I'm gonna take my business to Starwood now, it's been nice..." Will they change something??/
Old Aug 25, 2004, 9:26 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
My last few stays, airline miles credited have been for folio amount. 129 or 64 miles to the AA acount, rather than 500 miles. Has there been a change?
Old Aug 25, 2004, 9:59 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Yes, effective July 1st I believe, everyone was automaticaly switched to points and variable miles.

You have to go into your profile, and select Points and Fixed miles to continue to get 500 miles per stay. Otherwise, you will get 1 mile / dollar spent.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
2005 Dates?

any ideas on when 2005 PS dates will be loaded?
Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by doctajay
any ideas on when 2005 PS dates will be loaded?

What, all 3 of them? Just kidding, but after the last meager batch of dates, it wouldn't surprise me to see even fewer PS opportunities than the last go around which was pathetic. If past experience is any indicator, perhaps by mid-December they will be posted, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by hhonorman
perhaps by mid-December they will be posted.
Mid December 2004 or mid December 2005?
Old Dec 8, 2004, 6:18 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Unhappy Point Stretchers 2005: Oh, where can they be??

Does Adam Burke have a heads-up?
CS just has the old line about 'sometime in late December.'
Old Dec 8, 2004, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
Does Adam Burke have a heads-up?
CS just has the old line about 'sometime in late December.'

I am still waiting on the ones for 2004.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 3:51 am
Suspended

Any update on 2005 Point Stretcher ?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 3:23 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by mario33
Any update on 2005 Point Stretcher ?
FWIW, I sent an e-mail to Adam Burke, asking him to let us know about the status of 2005 PS when he gets around to it.

I really hope the problems from last year can be avoided this year (one year should be long enough to fix whatever the problem might have been), and that there are more PS dates this year than the very few they had last year, and that cat. 1 PS will come back.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
It seems like the HHonors Point Stretcher awards are kind of analogous to the Starwood Cash and Points awards. Reasonable advance notice of the participant properties is often lacking, making it difficult to plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.